You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Rico. All over the cancel culture thread defending right wing loons spewing bile, gets upset when the Pope comments on world events.

The Pope overseas the biggest paedophile ring in the western world, they’ve consistently covered up the abuse and been forced to pay billions in compensation in the USA alone.  I mean we could go to the religion thread and carry on but you’ll soon read I’ve been saying this for years.  Although that may be over stating your comprehension skills.  

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The Pope overseas the biggest paedophile ring in the western world, they’ve consistently covered up the abuse and been forced to pay billions in compensation in the USA alone.  I mean we could go to the religion thread and carry on but you’ll soon read I’ve been saying this for years.  Although that may be over stating your comprehension skills.  

Their are approximately 1.2 billion Catholics in the world Rico, equates to roughly one in eight people on earth, the current President of the United States is a practicing Catholic. As you yourself say, the child abuse is another matter for another thread and back on topic the Pope has every right to comment on world events, which obviously include Ukraine, which was the subject being discussed through the posted link, you immediately spewed out shit about paedophiles because his message on Ukraine didn't suit the narrative you've set.

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Their are approximately 1.2 billion Catholics in the world Rico, equates to roughly one in eight people on earth, the current President of the United States is a practicing Catholic. As you yourself say, the child abuse is another matter for another thread and back on topic the Pope has every right to comment on world events, which obviously include Ukraine, which was the subject being discussed through the posted link, you immediately spewed out shit about paedophiles because his message on Ukraine didn't suit the narrative you've set.

Again, being in charge of a cult doesn’t mean anything.  He can comment on what he likes, framing it as more important than even your puerile bollocks is nonsense.  

53 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fuck me. Another thread bites the dust. 

The Pope is correct, unscrupulous arms dealers and politicians are profiting from the Ukrainian war.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/ukraine-war-uk-lords-richer-arms-investments-russia-bae-systems/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-war-weapons-arms-russia-b2061662.html

https://jacobinmag.com/2022/04/arms-weapons-manufacturers-ukraine-war-military-spending

If posts as above annoy you this site has an ignore button.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Numero, you replied to the Pope link with some nonsensical argument that because he believes in God his veiws on politics are irrelevant. I pointed out most of the worlds leaders are religious to some extent, seems you just didn't like the Popes message so imo made a lame excuse to dismiss his veiws.

The Mail article I posted was in 'response'to Rico blindly following the Ukrainian narrative when it's not always been proven true, as in the case if the fighter pilot. Unfortunately for you the Mail link was bona fida as proven by my linking similar articles from both the Times and the Mirror. 

Now I'm watching a rerun of last nights match their is no need to get upset.

You said the things I said were 'just beliefs'. I asked you if not beliefs, what are his views on NATO. The obvious accurate answer is that they're just his beliefs too. He is inclined to believe things with absolutely no evidence. What claims of NATO being responsible for the war needs is evidence. He doesn't have evident; he is a man of faith. My previous comments, which you've clearly not understood, aren't nonsense because you say so. When somebody says something which is in reality an apology for war crimes, I require a bit more evidence. I'd settle for logic. The Pope is not a man of evidence or logic, he is a man of faith. 

26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I, for one, am shocked that war is good for those selling weapons of war. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

I, for one, am shocked that war is good for those selling weapons of war. 

I believe the point is that some of the people and organisations making money ( such as people in the Lords etc) may not be disappointed if the war continues indefinitely, many are in positions of influence.

As for your post above on the pope, of course they are his beliefs and he has ever right to express them.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I believe the point is that some of the people and organisations making money ( such as people in the Lords etc) may not be disappointed if the war continues indefinitely, many are in positions of influence.

As for your post above on the pope, of course they are his beliefs and he has ever right to express them.

Yes, he does. It doesn’t make them credible. Just like his beliefs on being the representative of Jesus Christ. But, hey, you were the one who shared it. Do you believe that NATO are responsible for Russia killing Ukrainian children? 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, he does. It doesn’t make them credible. Just like his beliefs on being the representative of Jesus Christ. But, hey, you were the one who shared it. Do you believe that NATO are responsible for Russia killing Ukrainian children? 

No and from the article I read I don't believe he does either. As for his credibility I'd guess he's probably more worldly and wise in political affairs than someone such as our own foreign secretary and many many other politicians making decisions on the war. As for his observations on the profits of war weapons the pope is 100% correct to remind people that certain persons and organisations may not be best served by peace in Ukraine.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No and from the article I read I don't believe he does either. 

Right, so the article that you linked, called 'Pope Francis Says NATO Started War in Ukraine by ‘Barking at Putin’s Door’' and states 'He said that the real “scandal” of Putin’s war is “NATO barking at Russia’s door,” which he said caused the Kremlin to “react badly and unleash the conflict.”  and this doesn't lead you to believe that NATO are responsible for it? Fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Right, so the article that you linked, called 'Pope Francis Says NATO Started War in Ukraine by ‘Barking at Putin’s Door’' and states 'He said that the real “scandal” of Putin’s war is “NATO barking at Russia’s door,” which he said caused the Kremlin to “react badly and unleash the conflict.”  and this doesn't lead you to believe that NATO are responsible for it? Fair enough.

Well I believe the headlines are misleading, I'm not Catholic or religious but the Pope is simply stating Nato expansion was unwise, he's not blaming Nato for the death of Ukrainian children. The Pope has also been very critical recently of Putin and the Russian orthodox church. Im surprised at the reaction tbh, he is the Pope after all, hes hardly going to give the green light on military expansion and increased weapons spending, I'd be suprised if our Archbishop of Canterbury didn't give the same message. Anyway the Nato question is imo irrelevant now, Ukraine has been invaded so its yesterday's argument.

Oh fuck another one not toeing the chosen line, this time the future prez of a country of 200 mil people. He's probably been drinking paint or is not qualified to hold a veiw on world geopolitics which is  reassuring as his veiws are more leftfield than the Popes

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220504-brazil-s-lula-says-zelensky-shares-blame-for-ukraine-war

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/04/brazil-lula-zelenskiy-blame-war

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Oh fuck another one not toeing the chosen line, this time the future prez of a country of 200 mil people. He's probably been drinking paint or is not qualified to hold a veiw on world geopolitics which is  reassuring as his veiws are more leftfield than the Popes

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220504-brazil-s-lula-says-zelensky-shares-blame-for-ukraine-war

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/04/brazil-lula-zelenskiy-blame-war

Presidential runners are so old. It makes you wonder where they advertise for applications.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Presidential runners are so old. It makes you wonder where they advertise for applications.

Biden seems to have deteriorated rapidly since election, Putin is looking and acting like a mad man who's gone off with the fairies, the two most powerful men on earth, frightening.

Tom Copper updated.

Most of the Western heavy guns are already firing and Russians will be completely stuck soon, thinks Tom.

https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x/ukraine-war-3-and-4-may-2022-d48521c67cef

I would say, it is increasingly difficult to see what Russia still can realistically expect to achieve in Ukraine, other than overrunning Azovstal, killing and capturing remaining Ukrainian soldiers there and parading them in front of cameras as Nazis. It truly is an empire of absolute evil now.

• Upvote 1