You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Surprised anyone doesn't think it'll happen. The Russians will stroll into Kiev, or at least to the dneiper. The only thing likely to make them think twice are threats of severe sanctions. 

The Chinese and the forthcoming winter Olympics, it won't happen.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It won't get out of hand and the west know it, the Beijing winter Olympics are due to start and Putin would not want to overshadow his Chinese mates after their difficult couple of years, plus a few Russian winners boosts moral back home. In short, not going to happen.

Ps, wait till Stig and a few other EU lovers on here who constantly complain about Britiain, one of the most diverse and liberal country's in the world meet Ukraine, the EUs newest bessie mates. God help us.

What the fuck are you on about? Britain is a shithole and that makes it all ok because the Ukraine is different? Fuck the Uk government. Stop chatting shit especially when you've slagged this government off yourself you fucking see-saw 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What the fuck are you on about? Britain is a shithole and that makes it all ok because the Ukraine is different? Fuck the Uk government. Stop chatting shit especially when you've slagged this government off yourself you fucking see-saw 

You've totally missed the point but hey hoy.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You've totally missed the point but hey hoy.

Less racism in one place than another doesn't make instances of racism less of an issue in the lesser place. depending on your fume intake since lunchtime that might take you anywhere between 2 minutes and a few hours to get your head around but either way, don't bring me into your waffle. 

That aside, I know a girl from the Ukraine (Linnie) and she is bloody lovely. A genuine sound girl, she's moved back to Kiev and is now married and loving life but we knew her when she worked and came out on the ale with us and you'd be hard pushed to find a nicer warmer soul. There are cunts everywhere, there are also decent human beings. 

The fuck?

Russia’s intention to deploy warships in marine exercises off the Irish coast has come under fire from Dublin, with the nation’s foreign minister arguing they are a step too far when tensions across Europe are so high.

Speaking to reporters on Monday in Brussels, Simon Coveney said he had warned the Russian ambassador that the training exercises were not “welcomed” by the Irish government. However, he acknowledged that officials “don’t have the power to prevent this happening.”

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Less racism in one place than another doesn't make instances of racism less of an issue in the lesser place. depending on your fume intake since lunchtime that might take you anywhere between 2 minutes and a few hours to get your head around but either way, don't bring me into your waffle. 

That aside, I know a girl from the Ukraine (Linnie) and she is bloody lovely. A genuine sound girl, she's moved back to Kiev and is now married and loving life but we knew her when she worked and came out on the ale with us and you'd be hard pushed to find a nicer warmer soul. There are cunts everywhere, there are also decent human beings. 

Good on Kimi. I've also got a mate, a mate who lives in Glasgow his name is Marcus, he lives in the jurisdiction Britain First put up a candidate in last elections ( you may remember the cunts haranguing Nicole Sturgeon) wasn't it you who said the Bnp would do well there? 

They lost their deposit, they were humiliated,. Same as the recent By Election in Shropshire, despite massive media coverage and unlimited funds the Martin Deubury cunt got fucked, well and truly fucked,, and good. 

Theirs still a lot to love about this country, don't need a flag to show it..

Why should Britain be a afraid of steering its own way?  The greatest mistake this country made was not voting in this man but are his ideals now to be dismissed and rejected? 

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good on Kimi. I've also got a mate, a mate who lives in Glasgow his name is Marcus, he lives in the jurisdiction Britain First put up a candidate in last elections ( you may remember the cunts haranguing Nicole Sturgeon) wasn't it you who said the Bnp would do well there? 

They lost their deposit, they were humiliated,. Same as the recent By Election in Shropshire, despite massive media coverage and unlimited funds the Martin Deubury cunt got fucked, well and truly fucked,, and good. 

Theirs still a lot to love about this country, don't need a flag to show it..

Why should Britain be a afraid of steering its own way?  The greatest mistake this country made was not voting in this man but are his ideals now to be dismissed and rejected? 

It's like trying to have a conversation with Teddy Ruxpin 

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's like trying to have a conversation with Teddy Ruxpin 

No it's not, it's not at all is it Stig? 

You gave a superfluous account of one person you once knew as a bona fida reason for argument and discussion, I explained to you that reasoning on that level was futile. You didn't understand had to resort to a childish quip.

This from the man who veiws the world through binary colours, who thought the BNP would do well in Glasgow (they didn't, they lost their deposit) because he' entranced and engulfed in media related group think.

A friendly piece of advice Stig, stop reading the comments section of the Daily Mail, they're Internet bots.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No it's not, it's not at all is it Stig? 

You gave a superfluous account of one person you once knew as a bona fida reason for argument and discussion, I explained to you that reasoning on that level was futile. You didn't understand had to resort to a childish quip.

This from the man who veiws the world through binary colours, who thought the BNP would do well in Glasgow (they didn't, they lost their deposit) because he' entranced and engulfed in media related group think.

A friendly piece of advice Stig, stop reading the comments section of the Daily Mail, they're Internet bots.

Where did I say the BnP would do well in Glasgow? Or was I talking about a certain quarter of Glasgow? I don't give a flying fuck how that lot did in Glasgow or anywhere. Nor does me disliking Brexit translate to me loving the EU just as much as me disliking seeing racism in this country translate to racism in the Ukraine dismissing the racism in this very country. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Where did I say the BnP would do well in Glasgow? Or was I talking about a certain quarter of Glasgow? I don't give a flying fuck how that lot did in Glasgow or anywhere. Nor does me disliking Brexit translate to me loving the EU just as much as me disliking seeing racism in this country translate to racism in the Ukraine dismissing the racism in this very country. 

Ukraine is jam packed full of weapon totting right wing fucking loons.

Sorry but although your mate Kimi is no doubt a nice kid  I'd rather Ukraine and their people stay were they are,

https://apnews.com/article/16ffe979bc2947ce9373079264232406

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Ukraine is jam packed full of weapon totting right wing fucking loons.

Sorry but although your mate Kimi is no doubt a nice kid  I'd rather Ukraine and their people stay were they are,

https://apnews.com/article/16ffe979bc2947ce9373079264232406

Who the fuck is Kimi?

Come one, try and engaged me in a conversation. Why does me disliking the idea of brexit, and disliking racism have anything to do with the Ukraine? 

4 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Bizarrely enough I heard an analyst saying he expected they won't invade until after the winter Olympics on BBC news the other night. So there's so something in it

Bizarre is right. You don't move a third of the Russian army to the border and then have them wait for the winter games. Doesn't make any sense.

That being said - the games finish on Feb 20th and the Russian 'Defender of the Fatherland Day' is Feb 23rd.

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Who the fuck is Kimi?

Come one, try and engaged me in a conversation. Why does me disliking the idea of brexit, and disliking racism have anything to do with the Ukraine? 

I'd pull out of Nato as well tbh, but that's another issue. As for the Ukraine, I'd steer clear, leave it to the Russians, If they invade they'll only hit loads of trouble anyway.

8 hours ago, M_B said:

Bizarre is right. You don't move a third of the Russian army to the border and then have them wait for the winter games. Doesn't make any sense.

That being said - the games finish on Feb 20th and the Russian 'Defender of the Fatherland Day' is Feb 23rd.

24th it is then.