You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - Champions League (H) 14/4/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

45 minutes ago, Special K said:

What about the Salah miss in the opening minutes? Gini missing a sitter? It could easily have been 3-0 at half time. Whatever gear Madrid were in they would have been beaten if we'd brought our shooting boots.

Instead we got that shit show of horrendous finishing

Would have should have but we didn't as per. 

Salah's pass back and Gini clearing the ball into the Mersey as usual as I said one decent save to make.

Bar Milner MOTM, Trent and the Centrebacks the rest were between average to shit.

3 hours ago, waddy78 said:

That's been our problem for years, we hang onto players for to long because we become attached to what they've "done" for us past tense really if they are not "doing it" for us any longer then just move them on, Bobby hasn't done anything of note for 2 years he's becoming a liability gives the ball away to often can't score Sadio has had a bad 6 months so maybe it's to early to move him out but if he starts next season the same way then unfortunately he would need to go, Mo misses chances but out of the front 3 he's the only regular goal scorer out the 3 him and Jota should start week in week out for the rest of the season with the other spot up for grabs we need as a club to stop holding on to players because they've done this or that 3 years ago last 2 seasons have been amazing but due to a lack of investment / planning whatever we want to call it that exceptional team has become stale and lackluster with only glimpses of it ending anytime soon.

Agree.  

We're not cold enough with players, we find it hard to say goodbye, it's a weakness. 

The question is how does Klopp want us to play next season.  If it's the same style as normal then obviously we can work out how to replace Firmino, etc. 

Or is he considering an evolution of some sort, in which case we don't know what players would suit that.  

Putting those things aside, I think the big question is how do we generate the money to go shopping.   And the answer is to sell Firmino, Origi, Salah, Keita, Matip, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Chamberlain.  There is no fan unrest at selling Salah now because oestensibly we don't presently exist. It's not personal, it's just business, he's done well this season and his value is still high.  I would hang onto Mane and give him a rest and rebuild his game. 

I'm not having the Thiago debate.  He's top class and we've not held up our end of the bargain at the back or up front. Of course he looks shit under those circumstances.  

Be prepared for further bad news over Van Dijk and Gomez. Big injuries, big lay offs, it's going to be an unclear future.  Let's be prepared for that, let's not let this become an excuse that we stretch out for three years under some false, unrealistic hope.  

Nobody will remember who won the title during the crowdless Covid years.  They will remember who won it when the crowds come back, the jubilant return of proper football, they are the history makers. 

25 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Nah, you surf waves, we'd get fuck all for Firmino now, and Mane perhaps £50m or less. So then, what, £80m to replace two forward options? 

I'd sell Salah as well. Sunrise, sunset. No worries. 

Of course you could replace both for £80mill.  Firmino offers zero so any fucker is better than what he offers and Mane has been shite coming up to 29 with 2 years on his contract so needs to be replaced this summer whilst we can get anything for him.

Just now, J-V said:

Of course you could replace both for £80mill.  Firmino offers zero so any fucker is better than what he offers and Mane has been shite coming up to 29 with 2 years on his contract so needs to be replaced this summer whilst we can get anything for him.

I've changed my mind on Mane, I think his spectacular fall from grace isnt age based, it's something else.  I'd have nightmares about selling him and seeing him back to his best for someone like PSG and destroying us in a future CL tie. I think he needs to become the focus of the attack, the leader.  I think he currently looks bored of the dynamic with Salah.  Can't blame him, I'm bored of watching it. 

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Nah, you surf waves, we'd get fuck all for Firmino now, and Mane perhaps £50m or less. So then, what, £80m to replace two forward options? 

I'd sell Salah as well. Sunrise, sunset. No worries. 

We talk about selling players but 1) would the money all come back to the manager to spend? And 2) would we get anywhere near the quality given the top players we'd sell? I'd say both situations have their doubts.

37 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

You might be able to accuse FSG of being sell-to-buy owners who don't put in their own money, but I don't think anyone can argue in good faith that they've taken money out of the club from selling players. They're not Tom Hicks.

That wasnt my point,more about it being redirected into other projects,potentially. And to get similar or better players we'd probably have to pay more.

24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Are we going to keep playing three up front? I feel like we're currently wasting two positions with Firmino and Mane, when we've got the world's largest collection of midfielders.

Is right I would make room for the ox and play Salah and Jota up front