You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - Champions League (H) 14/4/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

These games are played on extremely fine margins. When your goalkeeper is such an epic fuck up as Adrian was (and Karius before him), you're done. I actually can't remember any games at this level where keepers have made cataclysmic errors and their teams gone through. Almost impossible to shrug off.

My point was the game should have been done in 90 minutes, well before Adrian happened. But yes he's fucking shite and it cost us

Have to wonder where we go from here.

Side looks stale, one dimensional and lacking in any spark.

Ageing profile, lots of crocks eating up big wages - no goals from anyone really other than Salah and Jota - no creativity in midfield - uncertainty about centre half situation - not exactly loads of potential on bench.

We have a big job on to freshen, strengthen and improve.

Played a good game tonight, but finishing wasn’t good enough. Created enough to score the two we needed, but lacked the quality to make it count.

Not our season, and you need both quality and luck to win big ears.

All focus on the league now, if we can continue the recent improvement we should have a fair shot at top 4.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Have to wonder where we go from here.

Side looks stale, one dimensional and lacking in any spark.

Ageing profile, lots of crocks eating up big wages - no goals from anyone really other than Salah and Jota - no creativity in midfield - uncertainty about centre half situation - not exactly loads of potential on bench.

We have a big job on to freshen, strengthen and improve.

Klopp took us to the peak.

There isn't a twin peak I don't think.

Guest Alex_K

All a bit mad. From top at Christmas to 6th with one of the tamest European exits in recent  memory & hoping West Ham or Leicester slip up to let us sneak top 4 in the league.

Majorly disappointing. We had chances to score at least 2 tonight, Mo early doors and Gini from 12 yard completely unmarked. But I never feel like Gini is going to score, he's just never clinical enough.

Think it's fair to say none of Mo, Sadio and Gini will have the 2 big Spanish clubs clamouring to sign them on their performances in these 2 games.

Said it a while ago and I still think it, this team has run its course. Of the regular starters, Gini, Sadio and Bobby moving on would be for the best.

We have a small forward line yet pump crosses into the box. Even with step ladders, these boys dont have the height to reach them. Jurgen needs to bring someone in who's a minimum 6 foot and can head a fucking ball.

Ive never seen a player who manages to hit the man in front of him with so many crosses as Trent. Does he just close his eye and wish?

Im still waiting for Thiago to open these defences for us. At least Alli had a solid game and kept a clean sheet.

I think chelsea will batter Real as we should have except for a tactical brain fart by Jurgen in the first leg and woeful finishing in the 2nd. I really dont think having a crowd in tonight would have made a difference to the result, we couldnt find a finish, just as we havent in too many games this season.

From what I have seen of him Jota needs to be in and around the goals, not out wide. We needed a finisher in there. 

Couldn't fault the effort tonight. Shit finishing is costing us for months. Fair fucks to Milner setting the tone. Proper player

By the way, I can only agree now with the people who said we shouldn't have signed Thiago. We clearly have/had absolutely no plan for him and not starting him in either of these games is a complete pisstake for a player like him.

Klopp has made a big mistake there unless he proves he has a single inkling of how to play with him next season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Played a good game tonight, but finishing wasn’t good enough. Created enough to score the two we needed, but lacked the quality to make it count.

Not out season, and you need both quality and luck to win big ears.

All focus on the league now, if we can continue the recent improvement we should have a fair shot at top 4.

This.

No disgrace tonight. For all the moaning about our finishing, the fact is that tonight we created plenty of half-chances, but a very good side restricted us to hardly any good chances.