You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - Champions League (H) 14/4/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, niallers said:

Their right full,vasquez, it's out. Pcl injury. They've no recognised right full so they may play mendy there and play marcelo left or a midfielder.

They still have Odriozola who is a right back. He was on the bench for the first leg and replaced Lucas Vazquez in El Clasico.

I'd be very surprised if Fabinho wasn't moved back into defence for this.  We've literally no chance of not conceding with Phillips and Kabak back there, so I think Klopp will bite the bullet and hope that a midfield of Thiago, Gini and Jones/Milner can cope without Fabinho.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I'd be very surprised if Fabinho wasn't moved back into defence for this.  We've literally no chance of not conceding with Phillips and Kabak back there, so I think Klopp will bite the bullet and hope that a midfield of Thiago, Gini and Jones/Milner can cope without Fabinho.

We keep more clean sheets with Fabinho in front of Kabak and Phillips than with Fabinho alongside one of them and somebody less than Fabinho in midfield. 

Just now, PrivateParts said:

We keep more clean sheets with Fabinho in front of Kabak and Phillips than with Fabinho alongside one of them and somebody less than Fabinho in midfield. 

We don't play Real Madrid every weekend.  To have any chance of gong through we need a clean sheet.  I can't see any way that happens with the slowness of Phillips back there and the inexperience of both Phillips and Kabak.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

This is the type of carry on that got us into the mess we are in. Weakening a second area of the team to marginally(at best) improve defence.

We just need hope the rest of the team being at full strength  can cover the weakness of the centre of the defence. 

19 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If we won mate you’d have to call the baby after the one who scored the winner.

If we'd had a wee boy, I had negiotated "Jurgen" as a middle name.  I highly doubt she'll let me call our daughter Mohammed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KevieG said:

This is the type of carry on that got us into the mess we are in. Weakening a second area of the team to marginally(at best) improve defence.

We just need hope the rest of the team being at full strength  can cover the weakness of the centre of the defence. 

Is fucking right.

Months of being absolutely shite can be largely laid at the door of destroying our midfield to fill holes at centre half.