Quantcast
Aston Villa (H) Premier League - 10/4/21 - 15:00 - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Aston Villa (H) Premier League - 10/4/21 - 15:00

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

It was nice getting a bit of hope back after the Arsenal game, but I think it's pretty clear now the season is over. There is zero chance of us getting top four. 

I don't fancy us, but i am just hoping that we can finally show something this season - surely we can't be this bad for this long!....and it isn't that much of an ask to edge out some pretty average sides ahead of us.

• Upvote 1

I really don't want to see players rested with an eye on Madrid, fuck future games this season we play to win the one at hand. Play all 4 forwards or have all 4 on at least for the second half.

On 08/04/2021 at 14:33, Bjornebye said:

A routine 2 or 3 nil win, hassle and injury free.... please. 3 o'clock on a Saturday as well, can't remember the last one. 

I hope you mean Liverpool win, nothing wrong with asking for the impossible. I'd take 0-0.

22 hours ago, suzy said:

I feel a bit broken after the Real Madrid result, Arsenal gave me false hope.

I was quite stoic about it the next day. Madrid played us off the park for long periods and unlike the Barca first leg we got exactly what we deserved. If by some miracle we go through then no way this team lifts the trophy again playing the way they are. We are shot at the back and devoid of any cutting edge in midfield . The forwards look drained with the notable exception of Salah . Klopp wrung out the last drop of blood from these boys for the last two seasons and it shows. We will beat Villa today but I doubt it will be pretty. Madrid will coast past us on Wednesday.  Bring on next season. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

If their players are that unfit there really is no excuse.

John Virgo there looks about as quick as Mane these days.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Jota, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Thiago, Keita, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Davies, R. Williams.

Not sure about that midfield.

2 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

My sons birthday today. He's just won his cup game 5-2 and his now desperate for us to win

Get in little Sweeney 

Good to see Bobby back in the side, guessing Thiago is rested for the CL game. Nice for Mane to get a breather as well.

Would have liked one of Milner or Wijnaldum replaced by Ox or (dare I say) Keita, as we could use some dribbling/pace/shooting from distance. 

Let's go from the start this time, eh.

On 09/04/2021 at 07:21, Daisy said:

It was nice getting a bit of hope back after the Arsenal game, but I think it's pretty clear now the season is over. There is zero chance of us getting top four. 

I'm feeling more optimistic now I've read this.

23 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

My sons birthday today. He's just won his cup game 5-2 and his now desperate for us to win

The best team lost.

You'd think given our last game, and the 7-2 earlier in the season, that we'd come out all guns blazing from the off today. Prove some doubters wrong, show how good we really are, that kind of thing.