You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (H) Premier League - 10/4/21 - 15:00

Bjornebye

This thing about lack of accuracy or lack of focus on when ball is played could be easily solved by making the defensive line twice as thick or make it that there has to be a gap between the lines. This will allow for the lack of precision of when the ball is played. 

It shouldn't be needed, but if they are going to go to extremes at one end of the chain then you have to make allowances at the other if can't be as (what they are deeming) accurate.

Clear corruption. That examination and creation of the offside for our goal was the nearest thing to the death of footy you will ever see. I never liked the idea of Euro Wankers Super League but now I am all for it. These bastards have it in for us and have had all season. Leave these cnunts behind and pull up the fucking ladder. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I thought Tierney was decent enough today , always going to be a few disputed 'easy' free kicks but can't remember him testing my blood pressure much , and the VAR had nothing to do with him.

Gotta disagree strongly here Sir Roge. First 7 minutes, two very soft feee kicks to them, failed to give a foul when the guy kicks through Jota. 16 free kicks against us. They had 34% possession. When you consider the average amount of time the ball is in play is 60 minutes, that means they had possession for 20 minutes.... and gave 16 fouls against us. It’s the ‘death by a thousand cuts’ scenario discussed previously at length. The same guy blew 5 seconds before the MINIMUM amount of added on time with Mane with a possible one on one against ManU. Nobody will convince me he hasn’t got an agenda 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Gotta disagree strongly here Sir Roge. First 7 minutes, two very soft feee kicks to them, failed to give a foul when the guy kicks through Jota. 16 free kicks against us. They had 34% possession. When you consider the average amount of time the ball is in play is 60 minutes, that means they had possession for 20 minutes.... and gave 16 fouls against us. It’s the ‘death by a thousand cuts’ scenario discussed previously at length. The same guy blew 5 seconds before the MINIMUM amount of added on time with Mane with a possible one on one against ManU. Nobody will convince me he hasn’t got an agenda 

Agree with the early whistle in the Man U game , but don't think he was bad today. I understand the stats look bad at 16 to 11 but you have one team desperate to take any delay to proceedings and play for fouls while there were quite a few occasions where he acknowledged a foul against us but allowed us to play on as we preferred. Our pressing game is also built around stopping counter attacks very quickly by fair means or foul.

They've obviously guessed on the disallowed goal. The camera view they use to draw the lines you can't actually see Trent feet and in a call that close one frame makes the difference. 

As soon as they start drawing lines they are looking to cancel the goal. 

1 hour ago, DaveT said:

Roger is normally spot on but I agree with you here. Thought teirney was inconsistent again. To me that early foul he gave against Kabak down near the Kop corner has the Villa player pulling Kabak first. And how the fuck is Trezeguet allowed to come back on the field and lay down in our box when he's clearly left the field of play?

At least he booked a villa player who stood 2 metres in front of Gini at our free kick when he took it quickly so there is something I guess.

22 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I appreciate the in-depth analysis mate. Alan Shearer would be proud.

Haha. Him being in the side seems to allow our fullbacks a lot more freedom.

He was also decent on the ball, and joined in the attack a fair few times.

I thought the entire performance was a throwback to last season.

Didn't panic after their goal, dominated the ball, created decent chances and found a way to win.

Milner played his part.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, m0e said:

Haha. Him being in the side seems to allow our fullbacks a lot more freedom.

He was also decent on the ball, and joined in the attack a fair few times.

I thought the entire performance was a throwback to last season.

Didn't panic after their goal, dominated the ball, created decent chances and found a way to win.

Milner played his part.

Awesome. Thanks mate. I was being a bit of a cheeky cunt asking but it’s much appreciated. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I see Milner in the team. I love the man. He embodies everything I love about Klopps Liverpool and always hope he carries on playing for year after year. In comparison to ‘the ox’ or fucking Keita he should be a priority to keep. 
Post playing career -a coach on the LFC staff obviously, teaching kids what it takes to win the squad bleep test at 35 years old with a smile on your face.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

Awesome. Thanks mate. I was being a bit of a cheeky cunt asking but it’s much appreciated. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I see Milner in the team. I love the man. He embodies everything I love about Klopps Liverpool and always hope he carries on playing for year after year. In comparison to ‘the ox’ or fucking Keita he should be a priority to keep. 
Post playing career -a coach on the staff obviously, teaching kids what it takes to win the squad bleep test at 34 years old. 

I think Klopp going back to a tried and tested midfield has been the reason for the turnaround, with Fab Gini and Milner. They know the system, and allow all the other players to play their more natural game.

That's 3 wins on the bounce now in the league.

It's actually strange that he wasn't picked for Madrid, although he'd have to have been rested for today or Arsenal in all probability.

We don't want to be losing him to another muscle injury right now.

42 minutes ago, m0e said:

I think Klopp going back to a tried and tested midfield has been the reason for the turnaround, with Fab Gini and Milner. They know the system, and allow all the other players to play their more natural game.

That's 3 wins on the bounce now in the league.

It's actually strange that he wasn't picked for Madrid, although he'd have to have been rested for today or Arsenal in all probability.

We don't want to be losing him to another muscle injury right now.

It’s kind of why I hate the thought of losing Gini and why I love Milly. We’ve tried changing our midfield to be more creative and to be frank it hasn’t worked.

15 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

It’s kind of why I hate the thought of losing Gini and why I love Milly. We’ve tried changing our midfield to be more creative and to be frank it hasn’t worked.

We could also replace those two with similarly athletic and defensively responsible players. That is in fact allowed.  

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We could also replace those two with similarly athletic and defensively responsible players. That is in fact allowed.  

I know, I know. I’m just sentimental about the players we have had success with, and bringing in new players takes time and is fraught with uncertainty no matter how highly they are rated ( Keita, Thiago). Bringing in a couple of young midfielders could be good, but I would say don’t dismiss the likes of Gini and Milner as just being ‘defensively responsible’ like it’s a piece of piss. People that don’t rate Gini don’t understand football. Although he is getting on a bit for a huge 4 year contract, I accept that.

They shown a stat at some point during the game showing Liverpool have had 113 shots at anfield and scored just 1, that is nowhere near good enough. Our conversion rate is appaling. In my opinion the front 3 needs a shake up that doesn't automatically mean replacing them but the front 3 as a unit feels predictable struggles to create often and it's definitely wasteful. It could be a tactical issue but Salah aside it's diminishing returns. We need a more creative threat. Id bite your hand off for a Grealish and the havoc he can cause leading to the final third and to be honest outside Halaand and Mbappe I've not watched enough football to have a clue about striker options there's got to be clinical players out there. Klopp seems the type of guy to cling on to players for too long because they are not commodities too him, theyre his boys and we are definitely the type of fans to do the same. We need to evolve our forward options. 

I do worry that Sarr is still their moneyball solution. 

• Upvote 1