You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (H) Premier League - 10/4/21 - 15:00

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I will need to rewatch it but I am pretty certain they drew the lines and Jota was on side. They then redrew the lines and Jota was offside. 

It was always onside, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. They needed to get their ridiculous lines out to start cheating. Now I don’t know why they cheat but quite clearly they are cheating.

• Upvote 1

I’ve not read anybody else’s comments, but I think today was 2/3s a decent performance,

I think our worst period of the game was actually after we equalised. It felt like the game was drifting once Mo scored and  I’m completely made up we got the winner.

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It was always onside, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. They needed to get their ridiculous lines out to start cheating. Now I don’t know why they cheat but quite clearly they are cheating.

I'm convinced that strange things are afoot when it comes to us and VAR, sorry if that's all tin foil hat but look at today's checking of that goal compared to the "check" in the City game, and that's just two games today, we have been consistently having lengthy checks and dubious lines drawn and goals ruled out.

• Upvote 1

Looked to me like Jota was 'jumped' forward a frame as well before the lines went in.

It is an absolutely laughable methodology they use...they are measuring down to stupid levels using armpits, shoulders, elbows etc - but there is zero emphasis on getting it bang on with ball being played.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Looked to me like Jota was 'jumped' forward a frame as well before the lines went in.

It is an absolutely laughable methodology they use...they are measuring down to stupid levels using armpits, shoulders, elbows etc - but there is zero emphasis on getting it bang on with ball being played.

From the frame they freeze it at, my initial thought was Jota was off. 

Once they drew the lines, I think it actually made it look closer than my initial thoughts.

But yes, 100%, they didn’t scrutinise when the ball left TAA’s boot. 

Even if they did, it’s all bollocks. This forensic mm shit isn’t in the spirit of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

From the frame they freeze it at, my initial thought was Jota was off. 

Once they drew the lines, I think it actually made it look closer than my initial thoughts.

But yes, 100%, they didn’t scrutinise when the ball left TAA’s boot. 

Even if they did, it’s all bollocks. This forensic mm shit isn’t in the spirit of the game. 

It is shite - and they never seem to look at ball being played...if you are going to measure one end to such ridiculous lengths then surely you have to ensure you do same at the other.

What a clusterfuck the whole thing is though, massively butchered and over thought and badly implemented a system, using it in wrong way for wrong things that if used properly could have improved game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is shite - and they never seem to look at ball being played...if you are going to measure one end to such ridiculous lengths then surely you have to ensure you do same at the other.

What a clusterfuck the whole thing is though, massively butchered and over thought and badly implemented a system, using it in wrong way for wrong things that if used properly could have improved game.

I reckon it has improved the game in Italy and in the CL. Probably also in the other leagues using it.

In the PL it’s a complete shambles, due to the incompetent way it’s being implemented, and the general shocking standard of the officials.

We should keep in mind that the game keeps getting faster, and without VAR we’d probably see even more shocking decisions in the PL than we do now. The refs really are that bad.

3 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I reckon it has improved the game in Italy and in the CL. Probably also in the other leagues using it.

In the PL it’s a complete shambles, due to the incompetent way it’s being implemented, and the general shocking standard of the officials.

We should keep in mind that the game keeps getting faster, and without VAR we’d probably see even more shocking decisions in the PL than we do now. The refs really are that bad.

Oh i have no doubt at all that the arrogant, shite officials in this country have fucked it up and implemented the use of it worse than their counterparts on the continent.

Although of course they'll see it differently - the arrogant, useless twats they are.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

A couple of Villa players knew all about it after making the mistake of competing in the air with Phillips today. We’d be running away with everything this year if his more talented teammates showed the same attitude. 

You are spot on. No exaggeration, there was a header Phillips went to win which ended with the Villa player staggering and falling over, 5 or 6 yards away from him.

It just seemed as if Phillips headed the ball and headed the player at the same time.

8 minutes ago, niallers said:

Can anyone explain why not one var check has come back with a level decision? It's surely statistically impossible for that to happen. It can't always be on our off. Jota was at worst level today. They're all cunts

Not defending these twats at all but would they have called any that were level simply on?

2 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

You are spot on. No exaggeration, there was a header Phillips went to win which ended with the Villa player staggering and falling over, 5 or 6 yards away from him.

It just seemed as if Phillips headed the ball and headed the player at the same time.

Phillips smashed Barkley in the 70th minute. @Caramac when you're back in action let that be your first.

Gini has been great for us. However,  I am not onboard with this plan to wring every last drop out of him before we let him go on a free.

He hasnt added much to our midfield in the past few games. He has been ran into the ground and hasn't looked fresh recently. Klopp should have rested him for this game because we know he is going to be needed vs Madrid. Wouldn't have minded Jones or Thiago starting in midfield today.

3 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Gini has been great for us. However,  I am not onboard with this plan to wring every last drop out of him before we let him go on a free.

He hasnt added much to our midfield in the past few games. He has been ran into the ground and hasn't looked fresh recently. Klopp should have rested him for this game because we know he is going to be needed vs Madrid. Wouldn't have minded Jones or Thiago starting in midfield today.

Jones was left out as a 'precaution' due to a muscle injury.

So he'll probably be out for a month.

• Upvote 1

I'm not happy with the micromanaging of offside anyway,  if you need to draw lines its onside but I am disgusted and just sick to death of how selective they are, the decisions they scrutinise for 5 minutes and yet others they just ignore. There is no way it can be anything other than bias or corruption because the only consistency they have shown at all is how far they are prepared to go to chalk off our goals, throw in how many fouls against us they have just brushed away and ignored. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, niallers said:

Can anyone explain why not one var check has come back with a level decision? It's surely statistically impossible for that to happen. It can't always be on our off. Jota was at worst level today. They're all cunts

Because it's virtually impossible to be level the moment the ball is kicked even though the only 3 outcomes are offside, onside and level. In a sense, being 'level' is almost like getting all the balls in the lottery since you have attackers moving forward while defenders are moving out. Add in they're looking at millimeters, different body parts and determining a 3d event via a 2d screen. All the variables make level the unlikely outcome.