You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (H) Premier League - 10/4/21 - 15:00

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Shaqiri makes things happen. 

The Shaq Attack! Really brings a dynamism into the proceedings. Very happy for him in sharing the Liverpool success of the last couple of seasons. Playing at the world’s biggest greatest club and winning the best trophies. Good on yer lad.

Trent’s goal was reminiscent of Coutinho. His right foot is so lethal, it makes me wonder whether he’s out of position at right back. Shaq could play the right midfield with Trent on the left, just as a little experiment. To see Trent cutting in from the left and with his quick thinking and passing would be an effective combo. Robbie at left back as per normal. Just need a right back then. A solid defender who sits back.

With Gini gone next season and fully expecting Jota up front, there’s room for shuffling.

• Upvote 1

Cheeky fucking cunts after all the Villa timewasting.

•  
   28 minutes ago,  rjw63 said: 

Expecting about 8 minutes of Liverpool-time to be added :(

Was just thinking that. Should be 5 no more

Hang on to this, you Midlands, inbred, sister-shagging, morherhuaband. It’s all you’ve got.

•  

Celebrate all you like Jurgen. We still **** you 7-2 earlier this season.

Oh, and our kids made you look shit as well for 45 minutes.

26 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Fuck you Villa, fuck you Tierney, fuck your VAR. 

A footnote on Tierney.... he was the cunt who blew early against ManU when Mane was through, he reffed this game last season when we should have had one, arguably two penalties, he was the ref in the last match before lockdown when Callum Wilson blatantly shoved Gomez, two hands in the back, before scoring fir Bournemouth. But of course he isn’t biased.

From Wigan Greater Manchestaaaarr

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Cheeky fucking cunts after all the Villa timewasting.

Hang on to this, you Midlands, inbred, sister-shagging, morherhuaband. It’s all you’ve got.

Someone should tell them we won the league last year and the European cup the year before. Enjoy your 7-2.

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I will need to rewatch it but I am pretty certain they drew the lines and Jota was on side. They then redrew the lines and Jota was offside. 

No they didn't.  Once they drew the vertical lines it made him off as they do it from the arm.  Obviously as usual you can't see the player (Trent in this case) who actually made the pass.

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

No they didn't.  Once they drew the vertical lines it made him off as they do it from the arm.  Obviously as usual you can't see the player (Trent in this case) who actually made the pass.

Fair enough, I was certain the drew two horizontal lines initially, maybe a guesstimate. As I said I need to rewatch it. 

Some casual observations:

Never give up hope!

Alli is bang out of form which is a massive worry as he's conceeding goals he really should be saving. Ive noticed he's slow getting down to shots and even when he's got a good hand on them, they're still going in.

Trent continues to whack the ball into the man immediately in front of him far too often but, what a strike for that goal.

Without Mo scoring, we'd really be fucked.

Was it worth bringing Sadio on because he looked even less interested in his cameo than of late.

Why do we spend 5 minutes showing the subs flip charts and power point presentations about what to do, where to go etc when there's like 5 minutes to go and need to get them on at the first break in play? Shouldnt he just be told to get on run at the defenders and take a fucking shot if he can? what more does a sub need to know in the last few minutes when you're chasing a goal for fuck's sake?

I heard when we bought Thiago, he would unlock the packed defences we've struggled against. It's not happening.

Gini does a lot of running about but there's no end product.

VAR is fucking shit. Unless Stockly Park had a zoomed in picture, how the hell could they tell the player was offside?

How are oppos continually getting more fouls awarded to them when we have lots more possession during games?

When is a ref going to red card a player who leaves the field when injured then comes back on and lies on the pitch wanting treatment?

Fuck off palace and fuck off chelsea. Cunts.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I thought we were pretty good today for an hour or so , when maybe the Real game kicked in with some of them. I also thought Phillips was very decent.

A couple of Villa players knew all about it after making the mistake of competing in the air with Phillips today. We’d be running away with everything this year if his more talented teammates showed the same attitude. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A couple of Villa players knew all about it after making the mistake of competing in the air with Phillips today. We’d be running away with everything this year if his more talented teammates showed the same attitude. 

Yeah,he's limited but you cant fault his attitude. With VVD alongside him he'd not be  a bad player at all.He is immense in the air and I hope he gets a goal before he disappears from the first team,he deserves that at least.

• Upvote 1

It was inevitable that to finally win again at Anfield would be a bit of a slog. It was never going to happen by us going on a tear-up. A number of reasons for that.

Firstly, we let in too many soft goals. Alisson made a mess of a Watkins effort that wasn't any better than the sort of thing we've been firing at goalkeepers this season. A tame shot right at him. Ali made a right mess of it to put us on the back foot approaching half time.

Secondly, our lack of clean striking when it comes to shooting. It's been a thing even when we were doing well, but we generally made enough happen that it mattered little, because we'd still get the job done. Too often our players snatch at very presentable chances and either find the keeper or hit it off target. Other times we see them try a shot when the shot is not really on. We are very wasteful, and it's a bigger problem when you're on the sort of run we've been on at Anfield, struggling for end product.

Thirdly, the fucking knobheads running VAR. What's the point of looking for the minutest of reasons to rule a goal out? They've turned the game into a joyless experience at a time when many people are turning to it to distract them from the problems outside. So many people are now talking about jibbing the whole thing off because the sense of escapism the game is meant to provide just brings on more stress and depression. These PGMOL fuckers have bastardised the purpose of VAR and have zero accountability for their actions. They've no reason to improve because they don't see a problem with what they're doing. They've also decided so many games via the penalty spot that a football match may as well simply consist of a penalty shoot-out. Fuck all that running about. Even then you can see these fucktards looking for ways to rule things out for us, just as much as you can see them find a way to give that head-in-the-glass-jar-in-Silence-Of-The-Lambs-looking cunt Fernandes a leg up. This was as bad as the one we had ruled out at Villa last season. It was Bobby who missed out on a goal then too.

Fourthly, the opponents being allowed to time-waste yet getting soft free kick after soft free kick if we have the temerity to even compete for the ball. We are not a team of shithouses. We don't have a manager who encourages the dark arts. We tend to dominate possession in most games we play. We tend to play in the opponents' half of the field more often than not. And yet we are never able to build any momentum and overwhelm the opposition because any hint at momentum is checked at source by the PGMOL stooge. I think the players are now going into games knowing they'll be outnumbered from the off. For a while they faced up to the challenge and came through it, but when it keeps happening it's very hard to just keep going. You KNOW you'll get fucked over somehow.

Despite all this, and despite a second half performance that saw us lose tempo and drive, we still managed to dig it out. There are still a lot of problems to resolve but at least we are not going into the next home game still wondering where the next win at Anfield is coming from.

I'll cling to any positive right now.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I let out a Roger Daltrey type one....Not sure the bitter neighbour would have been too impressed 

Much the same here... followed by a silent few seconds waiting to see if cunts could find an excuse to disallow it.

(I knew there was a load of people in the box, but I hadn't seen whether there was a Red in an offside position. )