You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (H) Premier League - 10/4/21 - 15:00

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I think even the best keepers suffer when they don’t have a genuinely top class CB in front of them. Concentration is such an enormous part of the role and having Van Dijk in the team gives you a lot less to think about.

Well he needs to switch on and quickly because he’s been fucking wank and he’s becoming a liability

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

It used to be that rule. 

There's now apparently no room of error, you're either onside or offside, you now cannot be level because it's then down to the interpretation of the var official. 

This. I've yet to see a level decision since it was introduced. That's rather peculiar

Just now, Anubis said:

Absolutely no reason not to fuck the PL off and move to a European Super League. Us, City, Utd and Chelsea and pull up the ladder.

Premier League is the most corrupt in Europe in my opinion (official wise included) it used to be Italy the next step needs to be a super league take the power away from FIFA and UEFA let clubs negotiate their own TV deals.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, Id kick the cat if we had one.

Alli has to keep that shot out, I just dont know what he's trying to do there, his technique is all wrong.

Bobby's goal, they had 2 looks to see if the Villa player touched it and half a dozen checking the onside offside and even then, the offside is a fucking zoomed out shot.

The ref's a cunt as well. Giving villa free kicks all over the park yet not blowing up for us. Yet another game where we have more possession yet the oppos have more free kicks?

From the angle they’ve used to call it off you can’t even see the fucking ball, so how in the fuck is there conclusive evidence of a clear and obvious error? There isn’t, because it’s not possible from that footage. For all they know contact was actually made a frame or two before when it wasn’t even close. It’s a joke, and for some reason we seem to be on the end of it more than others.

I still for the life of me don’t understand why an arm, elbow, armpit is offside anyway, you can’t use them to score so wtf is the point of that?

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Think we need to stop making excuses about top class CB's. A keeper should be saving that whether he has a 15 year old kid as centre back or van Dijk.

That's down to lack of technique, nothing else.

I’m not denying it was a mistake - just that even top drawer keepers are more prone to them when they’ve got a shaky defence in front of them.