You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (H) Premier League - 10/4/21 - 15:00

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I thought he looked off

Live I didn't, then they showed the first shot and I did then they showed that he wasn't offside so I didn't because he wasn't but then of course they said he was even though he wasn't. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes to keep the season alive. Villa are utter shit, and have gifted us several nice opportunities, but we’re just nowhere near good enough to take advantage.

Fabinho, Milner and Jota have played well, the rest look like they’ve done for months, well off the required standard.

Not a single reason to believe we’ll make it, as this is just like the previous home games. We play well enough in general, but we can’t score and we’re soft at the back.

Come on Reds and prove me wrong!

Torres goal today they didn't even give it a second glance let alone bring out the fucking protractor. Selective as fuck in how and who they scrutinze decisions for.  Var had shaped this season more than anything. What side of the sleeve have the measured, what line they gone too this time. 

2 minutes ago, bossy said:

I’m done with it untIl VAR is binned. No fans make footy shite anyway, VAR makes it an experience so devoid of anything good at all. I’m out.  See yers on the other side.

Honestly a good decision. 

The danger is saying you'll do that and then not. That's what I did. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Torres goal today they didn't even give it a second glance let alone bring out the fucking protractor. Selective as fuck in how and who they scrutinze decisions for.  Var had shaped this season more than anything. What side of the sleeve have the measured, what line they gone too this time. 

This. 

2 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Ive said this for years, weve ruined many a decent keeper since hes been here.

I think even the best keepers suffer when they don’t have a genuinely top class CB in front of them. Concentration is such an enormous part of the role and having Van Dijk in the team gives you a lot less to think about.

Absolutely no reason not to fuck the PL off and move to a European Super League. Us, City, Utd and Chelsea and pull up the ladder.

I never used to feel that way but let the rats eat each other in their half-empty stadiums with League One standard football and minuscule TV payments.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, suzy said:

I thought if it’s marginal they gave it to the attacking team? Load of wank.

It used to be that rule. 

There's now apparently no room of error, you're either onside or offside, you now cannot be level because it's then down to the interpretation of the var official. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, niallers said:

That var decision shouldn't hide the fact that as an attacking force, we're as impotent as a 90 year old after a 3 day bender. We should be ruthless in both boxes yet we're benevolent to the extreme. 

Stringvest would have buried at least 2 in that half mate 

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I think even the best keepers suffer when they don’t have a genuinely top class CB in front of them. Concentration is such an enormous part of the role and having Van Dijk in the team gives you a lot less to think about.

Think we need to stop making excuses about top class CB's. A keeper should be saving that whether he has a 15 year old kid as centre back or van Dijk.

That's down to lack of technique, nothing else.