You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Masters 2021

Carradona

I had a tenner on Justin Thomas to win outright, and did £2.50 ew on both Westwood and Reed.

Hoping Thomas can just stay in contention because he’s someone who can go on a run of birdie after birdie when his putter is hot.

I backed Westwood because he’s been in good form, and Reed because he’s played well here before and seems to enjoy the course.

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I had a tenner on Justin Thomas to win outright, and did £2.50 ew on both Westwood and Reed.

Hoping Thomas can just stay in contention because he’s someone who can go on a run of birdie after birdie when his putter is hot.

I backed Westwood because he’s been in good form, and Reed because he’s played well here before and seems to enjoy the course.

Never back Westwood these days especially in majors . No killer instinct when it matters and his putting has always been average at best.  

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Never back Westwood these days especially in majors . No killer instinct when it matters and his putting has always been average at best.  

His form had been good and he’s played well at Augusta in the past, he roped me in and I thought he had a chance of a top four finish. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Any reason you’ve picked him mate? Other than the posters on your bedroom wall and the fact his name features in every post you make in the golf thread? 

Hah, apart from that, he’s been taking a break a few weekends now, so I think he will be back to his level. 

I think the course suits him. His put on the 15th was hopefully a sign of things to come the next few days. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rose is the most boring guy on tour. 

I thought I would hate him, he has that vibe off him. But I watched the replay of the masters he lost to Sergio in and he came across brilliant in the interviews. 

DeChambeau with a 76 on what he said should be a par 67 course for his game was such a shame.

The fact just 12 players finished under par shows just how good Justin Rose’s 65 was, especially when you consider he was 2 over after 7 holes. I never backed him because his game just hasn’t been there in the last two years, but his playing style is perfect for Augusta when he’s in form.

I’d love to see him win it as he’s a top fella and one of the nicest fellas on the tour (3 Stacks is completely wrong there).  He donated $1m to a charity in Orlando feeding hungry kids just 2 months ago, and most of the other golfers think he’s great. 

• Upvote 3

On 08/04/2021 at 09:05, Bjornebye said:

Can't see past Dustin. He only won this a few months ago and is cool as a cucumber. Speiths resurgence makes it interesting and dare I saw it Westwood is playing as good as he ever has. Rose is out at 66/1 which seems mental. It would be good to see a European win it but I can't see it. 

Fuck Mcilroy. Honestly can't stand the little manc. 

Didn't have a bet this year but fuck me would have had a fiver e/w on Rose at 66/1. Bastard 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Long, long way to go yet. He could easily shoot +7 today

With the gun laws in Georgia he absolutely could, but if he wants to make the front page he'll have to go into double figures. A white man shooting 7 is just a bad day at the office, nothing to see here.