You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An absolute fucking disaster of a season

I REALLY HOPE this comes back to bite me on the backside if we turn things around next week but fucking hell, the Club couldn't have fucked up more if they tried this season.

Its lurched from one mistake to another, one fucking disaster after another. Tonight was the crowning turd on the dog pile.

Poor team selection? Check

Half assed approach? Check

Mistakes? Check

Shit subs? Check

Shit refereeing? Check

You wouldn't believe this team won the league last year, they look absolutely shot. That Real Madrid side were strolling about with a couple of players in their mid 30's in midfield and 33 year old relic benzema up front. A side that are a pale shadow of what they were. When Mane got tackled by 35 year old Modric (and outrun) that just about summed up this season.

The players

What the fuck has happened to some of them? Firmino, Mane, Salah? Between them they can't control a fucking ball these days. Mane looked like he had two fucking giant bars of soap on his feet second half as he did his best Djimi Traore impression. What the fuck has happened to him? Wheres his skill? Sublime goals? Pace? All fucking gone.

Salah too, good goalscoring record but the ball just bounces off him half the time. Tonight no one was running. I saw Robertson fucking WALK BACK in the first half when Madrid where attacking down his flank. In a fucking CL QF. Thats not Robertson. TAA all over the shop, making mistakes. Fabinho giving the ball away. Our over reliance on a a midfielder who has already said his goodbyes and the only one who can stay fit. We've also managed to turn one of the best Midfielders in Europe, multi trophy laden Thiago into Jay Spearing.

Jurgen

Again, too busy with his focus elsewhere first half of the season. Arguing for subs, moaning over fixtures. Meanwhile the team was getting badly exposed and the run just after Christmas was not addressed. He continued to persist in two Midfielders at Centre half until both got injured. Bizarre subs and bizarre team selections. Keita tonight. Just totally fucking bizarre all round from someone who is usually so switched on with a siege mentality.

The board

Where do you begin? We played a Champions League Quarter final tonight with 5th rate CB we've been loaning out for years from the ressies and a bargain bucket centre back from a nearly relegated German side we got on a temporary free. 

No vision, no planning. Cheap ass approaches in the transfer market. Not building on our momentum. We only got Jota because they agreed on a cheap structure to the deal. The guy in the street could see our injury woes coming (we've been on about them AT LENGTH on here), but no, not the fucking Club. And again we are back to scouring for cheap deals and being clever. Fuck off.

Anyway neg away. Tonight tipped me over the edge. The lack of fight and intensity, the shite passing, shite subs, shite co commentator, shite ref and a shite stadium.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I REALLY HOPE this comes back to bite me on the backside if we turn things around next week but fucking hell, the Club couldn't have fucked up more if they tried this season.

Its lurched from one mistake to another, one fucking disaster after another. Tonight was the crowning turd on the dog pile.

Poor team selection? Check

Half assed approach? Check

Mistakes? Check

Shit subs? Check

Shit refereeing? Check

You wouldn't believe this team won the league last year, they look absolutely shot. That Real Madrid side were strolling about with a couple of players in their mid 30's in midfield and 33 year old relic benzema up front. A side that are a pale shadow of what they were. When Mane got tackled by 35 year old Modric (and outrun) that just about summed up this season.

The players

What the fuck has happened to some of them? Firmino, Mane, Salah? Between them they can't control a fucking ball these days. Mane looked like he had two fucking giant bars of soap on his feet second half as he did his best Djimi Traore impression. What the fuck has happened to him? Wheres his skill? Sublime goals? Pace? All fucking gone.

Salah too, good goalscoring record but the ball just bounces off him half the time. Tonight no one was running. I saw Robertson fucking WALK BACK in the first half when Madrid where attacking down his flank. In a fucking CL QF. Thats not Robertson. TAA all over the shop, making mistakes. Fabinho giving the ball away. Our over reliance on a a midfielder who has already said his goodbyes and the only one who can stay fit. We've also managed to turn one of the best Midfielders in Europe, multi trophy laden Thiago into Jay Spearing.

Jurgen

Again, too busy with his focus elsewhere first half of the season. Arguing for subs, moaning over fixtures. Meanwhile the team was getting badly exposed and the run just after Christmas was not addressed. He continued to persist in two Midfielders at Centre half until both got injured. Bizarre subs and bizarre team selections. Keita tonight. Just totally fucking bizarre all round from someone who is usually so switched on with a siege mentality.

The board

Where do you begin? We played a Champions League Quarter final tonight with 5th rate CB we've been loaning out for years from the ressies and a bargain bucket centre back from a nearly relegated German side we got on a temporary free. 

No vision, no planning. Cheap ass approaches in the transfer market. Not building on our momentum. We only got Jota because they agreed on a cheap structure to the deal. The guy in the street could see our injury woes coming (we've been on about them AT LENGTH on here), but no, not the fucking Club. And again we are back to scouring for cheap deals and being clever. Fuck off.

Anyway neg away. Tonight tipped me over the edge. The lack of fight and intensity, the shite passing, shite subs, shite co commentator, shite ref and a shite stadium.

Repped for an honest vent. We all need to sometimes.

That Ben Davies deal was the biggest waste of time and just sums FSG up. 

Too many injurimy prone players eating up wages and contributing fuck all.

This has been coming since the club decided to put their feet up and smoke cigars after 2019. I know we won the league the following year but we needed to capitalise on being Champions of europe and make sure we had a younger team coming through to phase out the players approaching or passing their peak. 

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Too many injurimy prone players eating up wages and contributing fuck all.

This has been coming since the club decided to put their feet up and smoke cigars after 2019. I know we won the league the following year but we needed to capitalise on being Champions of europe and make sure we had a younger team coming through to phase out the players approaching or passing their peak. 

Which players are they then?

Hard not to agree that it’s been an absolute disaster. 

I’m resigned to a European exit next week and probably sixth place, but a bigger fear is that our heads and mentality are gone for good even when Hendo and Virgil are back. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Davies was bought because our luck with CB injuries in the first half of the season meant we couldn't rule out Williams, Phillips, and kabak all getting 6 month long injuries and we didn't want to be playing under 16s

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Hard not to agree that it’s been an absolute disaster. 

I’m resigned to a European exit next week and probably sixth place, but a bigger fear is that our heads and mentality are gone for good even when Hendo and Virgil are back. 

The so called ‘worst case scenario’ of zero euro footy next season, for me, could be a blessing in disguise. If the squad is ‘shattered’ they get a chance to recuperate. There’s no way we can rebuild in the immediate future, even if the funds were made available, wholesale replacement is out of the question.

I can’t believe that our key strikers / others are finished or washed up in any way.

We had a break from Europe last time, and went on to win the thing. Then we broke a thirty year domestic drought.

Kicking back for a season won’t do much harm. With the caveat that it’s with a committed Klopp staying.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

The so called ‘worst case scenario’ of zero euro footy next season, for me, could be a blessing in disguise. If the squad is ‘shattered’ they get a chance to recuperate. There’s no way we can rebuild in the immediate future, even if the funds were made available, wholesale replacement is out of the question.

I can’t believe that our key strikers / others are finished or washed up in any way.

We had a break from Europe last time, and went on to win the thing. Then we broke a thirty year domestic drought.

Kicking back for a season won’t do much harm. With the caveat that it’s with a committed Klopp staying.

Knowing our luck we’ll just do well enough to qualify for the Europa League, though, and I can’t see us completely sacrificing it with reserve sides either. 

20 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Which players are they then?

The front 3.m, who have been flogged to death for a couple of seasons.

Matip, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Chamberlain. Also Adrian, we only really played Kelleher because of Allison having a few injuries and Adrian being shit that he could no longer be trusted. Add Origi into the mix who was the only cover for our front 3. 

22 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Davies was bought because our luck with CB injuries in the first half of the season meant we couldn't rule out Williams, Phillips, and kabak all getting 6 month long injuries and we didn't want to be playing under 16s

We knew earlier on in the season that Van Dijk and Gomez were both out for the season, probably in October. Yet instead of having a decent quality centre back line up on 1st January we fucked around and signed two cheapo options on the last day of the transfer window ly because Mr Glass Matip got injured against Spurs in late January.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

We knew earlier on in the season that Van Dijk and Gomez were both out for the season, probably in October. Yet instead of having a decent quality centre back line up on 1st January we fucked around and signed two cheapo options on the last day of the transfer window ly because Mr Glass Matip got injured against Spurs in late January.

It’s a fair point if Matip didn’t get injured vs Spurs I don’t think we’d have got anyone in the January window.

It came across like a corner shop haggling for better pricing rather than being ‘able to compete with anyone in the market’ FSG TM

You know, teams regressing after a fantastic season used to be the norm. Liverpool finished 7th the year after winning their first title under Bill Shankly. The exceptions among the regular clubs were those managed by Bob Paisley and Alex Ferguson. Now we have the irregular clubs that are Chelsea and Manchester City who can have multiple fantastic seasons and start claiming that they are going to become a regular club then have one merely okay season then revert to their irregular financially doping selves. I am confident Liverpool will be better next season, and if they are not able to compete with Manchester City, so be it. We'll always have 19.

• Upvote 1