You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Smashed up the rear end

Chip Butty

I got reversed in to at a junction by some twat reversing from the main road and he insisted it was my fault as his car was fucked and mine barely scratched. He insisted we go through insurance companies which was fine, he fucking reversed in to a fucking junction. Turns out he never bothered notifying his and having minimal damage I wasn’t arsed about claiming. Put my insurance up by £200 just for telling them some cunt hit me. Cunts.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

This is the UK, you don't get massive amounts like in the US.

Yeah but come on, he drove into the back of his car then smashed his rear in in broad daylight. 15k a least. E.Rex Making & Co could get 20k. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah but come on, he drove into the back of his car then smashed his rear in in broad daylight. 15k a least. E.Rex Making & Co could get 20k. 

I think the average payout is about £2,500 plus recompense for time off work and any medical expenses.

Didn't they put a cap on it because of all the bogus claims?

Lads, thanks for the kind words and advice, yep, I've probably been too arsed about the rigmarole bit, than the important bit, though I'll be deffo going the hozzy tomorrow. There is no greater fool than an old fool, as they say.

@TheHowieLama yep the 0, fell awf. Must be the concussion!  

One thing that I did notice, you can see how other crashes happen or nearly happen, after an initial crash, with the amount of people rubbernecking today. Gawpy cunts.  

'Move along please. Nothing to see here'  Should be a sign they have in the back of traffic cop cars. 

3 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Lads, thanks for the kind words and advice, yep, I've probably been too arsed about the rigmarole bit, than the important bit, though I'll be deffo going the hozzy tomorrow. There is no greater fool than an old fool, as they say.

@TheHowieLama yep the 0, fell awf. Must be the concussion!  

One thing that I did notice, you can see how other crashes happen or nearly happen, after an initial crash, with the amount of people rubbernecking today. Gawpy cunts.  

'Move along please. Nothing to see here'  Should be a sign they have in the back of traffic cop cars. 

Good luck with it all mate. Hope everything turns out ok for you.

7 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I think the average payout is about £2,500 plus recompense for time off work and any medical expenses.

Didn't they put a cap on it because of all the bogus claims?

K'inell Harry lad, stop, pissin' on me chips here mate. I want more than that for the emotional ruin and discombobulation I've been under today. Its effected my sex life already, honest, I can tell. 

2 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

The one comedy moment was when I asked him why the fuck he needs such a massive car, he said "because they're safe"  Oh, how we giggled and cried together. 

That's the justification most people place on driving a bigger car. So if everyone drives a bigger car, how can it remain safe when big cars crash into each other? The feeling of being safe in a bigger car sadly leads to so many more accidents as a result of over-confidence.

8 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

K'inell Harry lad, stop, pissin' on me chips here mate. I want more than that for the emotional ruin and discombobulation I've been under today. Its effected my sex life already, honest, I can tell. 

If you've hurt your hand as well it might go up to £2700.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Ultimately it's your decision, but my first move would have been to put the paperwork to one side and get my lawyer to refer me for a medical examination.

When I had my rear end rammed (oo-er) the insurance company I ws with would only accept diagnosis from a doctor of their appointing - presumably to ensure no dodgy whiplash claims. Definitely medical attention should be a priority but not necessarily for the claim as that is likely to be seperate. I was awared about £5,000 but it could have been a lot more as I devleoped further symptoms that were related to the accident. That's another reason to wait a bit before making any claim as there could be further complications further down the line.

Whiplash can be fucking nasty. Her Indoors had a reaction about 6 months after a prang when her car was whacked from behind (hardly any damage). Suddenly she could barely move. It cleared up quick but that was fucking scary.

As others have already said get yourself fully checked out mate.

Oh, and as Im sure I've posted on here before drivers of those fucking monsters should be legally required to have an HGV licence.

16 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Get your initial medical recovery prioritised and certainly make sure the doctor knows it's from a RTA. Police hopefully were notified at the scene. Make sure you record any symptoms over the coming weeks as anything new will almost certainly be claimable and you shouldn't see it as expoiltative. Rear end shunts can cause complications for years if they are not treated properly. I looked into TMJ and trauma from car collisions is one of the most common causes and this can be destructive if not treated as early as possible, so seek profesional advice as soon as you can for treatment. It doesn't hurt to learn a bit more about it yourself for further down the line.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=tmj+book&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

https://www.google.com/search?q=tmj

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think Volvo claim that nobody has ever died in a crash involving their xc90 Suv. in the UK and they have sold 70,000. That’s a pretty convincing reason to get one. 

Does it have an ejector seat so everyone can jump out like John McClane in Die Hard 2?

giphy.gif

I think Volvo claim that nobody has ever died in a crash involving their xc90 Suv. in the UK and they have sold 70,000. That’s a pretty convincing reason to get one. 

Is that Steve Arnotts car in Line of Duty? They are lovely them. 

la-fi-hy-volvo-xc90-jpg-20160310

Probably never have. Probably caused plenty of others though. The drivers of those things think the're fucking invincible.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think so but I’d be suspicious if that was the case. A police sergeant  gets paid about £40k a year and an xc90 is a £60k car. Plus he’s got an opium addiction so hows he paying for it all ? 

You might have solved this season right there 'mate' ..... If its diesel then .... 

Be very careful about getting a 'replacement' hire car via the insurance, you need it in writing who is liable for the hire costs if the other party's insurer refuses to pay.

One person was quite happy to drive around in a like for like replacement Rangie while theirs was off the road, believing the car was 'free.'

As the dispute over the accident went on for 2 years before being settled, they werent really bothered.  Until that is the other party's insurer refused to pay for the hire costs for the replacement Rangie and his own insurance company presented him with a bill for about 30 grand!

17 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

We got an Xc40 recently, the good lady said the xc60 was a bit too big but I think it would have been fine. Great car though, our first automatic, keep thinking I should be doing more than accelerating and braking. 

Hope you recover well mate, quite the shock for you.