You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Smashed up the rear end

Chip Butty

Spent a fun packed 5 hours today in A&E to eventually be given a load of painkillers(500mg Neproxen tablets) and told to rest, but don't rest - which is a contradiction, but I sort of got what the doc was saying. 

After telling them I had been chewing Paracetamol through the night, they were a bit worried, so I had my first ever drugs blood test, just so they couldn't OD me. That cost me another hour of waiting. Felt proper Zammo when they were taking ma'claret man. 

Amazing places A&E rooms to people watch.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Spent a fun packed 5 hours today in A&E to eventually be given a load of painkillers(500mg Neproxen tablets) and told to rest, but don't rest - which is a contradiction, but I sort of got what the doc was saying. 

After telling them I had been chewing Paracetamol through the night, they were a bit worried, so I had my first ever drugs blood test, just so they couldn't OD me. That cost me another hour of waiting. Felt proper Zammo when they were taking ma'claret man. 

Glad you've been mate.

Paracetamol are nowhere near strong enough and liver toxic so better and prescribed meds are way better, plus it's now on record.

You're right about A&E departments, you see all sorts in there from people in agony and not complaining to gobshites screaming because they've got a splinter.

Hope everything works out for you.

Put this on before a bit ago. My brother in law is a taxi driver.  He'd bought a new car as his was fucked. Taxis last day and some woman smashes in back of him. She's worried, he tells her forget it.

Next day she storms in Taxi rank going mad and saying its his fault and she knows how dodgy Taxi drivers are. Her fella had explained how it was his fault and Taxi drivers never have proper insurance. 

Suddenly he got whiplash and got enough money pay for him and my nephews season ticket 

16 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

Was your doc Boris Johnson? 

• Upvote 1

Got rear-ended about 12 years ago. Very minor. Hardly a scrape to the paint.

But I was stopped at a (small) roundabout angled to the left to take the first exit, and looking out the driver's side window.

Lad behind thought I was gone, relaised I wasn't and tried to go around me. His front left caught my back right, jerking the car.

Got out, thought nothing of it. Herself insisted calling the police, so we did. All details exchanged, thought no more about it and drove on.

I'll never forget, 2 days later, we were sitting down watching tv. I was lying on one couch, herself on the other. I remember thinking "I'd better turn over 'cause my leg is going dead". Went to turn, but the leg going dead wasn't the one I was lying on!

Went to bed, woke up the day after absolutely fucked.

It was only then I went to the doc and called the solicitor.

Back still isn't right to this day. Stupid fucking cunt in his stupid fucking Ford Cougar.

3 hours ago, Lario said:

Got rear-ended about 12 years ago. Very minor. Hardly a scrape to the paint.

But I was stopped at a (small) roundabout angled to the left to take the first exit, and looking out the driver's side window.

Lad behind thought I was gone, relaised I wasn't and tried to go around me. His front left caught my back right, jerking the car.

Got out, thought nothing of it. Herself insisted calling the police, so we did. All details exchanged, thought no more about it and drove on.

I'll never forget, 2 days later, we were sitting down watching tv. I was lying on one couch, herself on the other. I remember thinking "I'd better turn over 'cause my leg is going dead". Went to turn, but the leg going dead wasn't the one I was lying on!

Went to bed, woke up the day after absolutely fucked.

It was only then I went to the doc and called the solicitor.

Back still isn't right to this day. Stupid fucking cunt in his stupid fucking Ford Cougar.

Similar to the reaction Her Indoors had after she was shunted. Took months to come out though.