You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal 0 Liverpool 3 (April 3 2021)

tlw content

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

Kind of feels like maybe the tide has turned a bit now doesn’t it? That horrific run we had looks like it’s in the rear view mirror and we’re looking more like ourselves again. We aren’t out of the woods yet but things do look a bit more…. dare I say, normal?

This was actually a pretty big test for us. Not because it was Arsenal (they truly are pathetic), but because Chelsea’s shock loss to West Brom earlier had opened up the door to the top four. We started the day five points behind them and with them facing the Baggies and us away at the Emirates. To end the day only two points back is unexpected and feels significant.

I’d given up on the top four but now it’s definitely within reach again, especially with Spurs also dropping points . This win feels like a statement of intent that we’re fighting back and ready to end the season strongly. Time will tell, but it does seem like we have a bit of momentum going at last. Even disregarding the potential impact this win could have, it feels good regardless because this is what is SUPPOSED to happen when we play Arsenal.

When we lost away to them last season I was seething way more than I had a right to. We were having an incredible season, the title was all but wrapped up (we may have already clinched it, I can’t remember) and the defeat didn’t mean anything other than it ended the chance to get to 100 points, which in itself irritated me but nowhere near as much as losing to them fucking bums. 

Why was I so angry? Because Arsenal are shit. It offends me that we could ever drop points to them because they’re weak, spineless, and an absolute fucking embarrassment. This is the worst Arsenal team I’ve ever seen. I despise how pathetic they are. They were even shit in that game last season but somehow we let them win and it took some getting over just because I saw it as a personal affront. 

I’ll be honest, I was having some flashbacks of that night at half time in this one. We’d played well, completely dominated, looked in no trouble whatsoever but we hadn’t created enough chances. It was all set up for Arsenal to score with the one chance they would inevitably get while we continued to waste promising situations. And then I’d be in foul form for weeks at the embarrassment of it all. Losing to Everton was bad enough, but if we let these fucking deadbeats turn us over again I’d probably be wanting half the squad sold on the spot. That was my fear at half time but thankfully it proved to be completely unfounded. 

For one thing, Arsenal didn’t actually even get one chance. They offered nothing at all. We completely shut them down all over the park and as Arteta said afterwards they “couldn’t put three passes together”. This was men against boys. 

But we’ve seen that before and often it has counted for nothing because we didn’t convert dominance into chances and chances into goals. This time we did, although it needed the arrival of Jota to change everything. On the one hand it’s great that we have him, on the other it does disturb me a little how toothless we look with the front three that was once the envy of Europe. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Atwell letting them get away with standing over our free kicks (Odegaard usually) and throwing the ball away to stop them too. That really got me wound up too much but it's such an easy thing to stop.

Good performance, good three points. 

• Upvote 4

The whole arsenal team and bench were acting like cunts during the game. Obviously arteta has told them to scream every time their players are tackled and the bench joins in. Noticed the cunts alsorefused to get back more than a couple of metres on our free kicks and took to lobbing the ball away if they got the chance when the ref did give us anything.

I honestly think Lacazette scratched himself hard to make himself bleed. I just dont see any way any contact by Nat causes that. And how Tierney standing a metre from the far touchline is allowed to saunter across the whole pitch when being subbed just escapes me.

• Upvote 1

Atwell's hair was worse than Aubamayeng simply because one of them is a 300k a week footy player, looking to make a fashion statement because he can pretty much get away with looking like a twat on the basis that he is a 300k a footballer. 

The other is a referee, which is just about the uncoolest profession there is. You can't be a ref and be cool. It doesn't work like that. Oliver learned that the hard way with his brief 'tramline' experiment.

Now we've got this twat looking like a Peaky Blinder.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dave u said:

Atwell's hair was worse than Aubamayeng simply because one of them is a 300k a week footy player, looking to make a fashion statement because he can pretty much get away with looking like a twat on the basis that he is a 300k a footballer. 

The other is a referee, which is just about the uncoolest profession there is. You can't be a ref and be cool. It doesn't work like that. Oliver learned that the hard way with his brief 'tramline' experiment.

I said on one of the previous match threads there was a ref who was new to the scene, he gave a penalty against Liverpool and VAR said to check the screen. He ran over, watched it once and stuck to his decision. The whole point of VAR saying check this is so they can reassess their decision and be certain. Quick glance? Fuck that. Saturday night live on the telly box and these pricks want to be noticed no matter how stupid it makes them look.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Only Pier Luigi Collina was cool. He had those seething blue eyes and massive dome. And looked like he could at any moment make a call and send you to sleep with the fishes. European refs have a bit of style to them. The Turkish fella Cunet looks like he could order off a

michelin star menu while the likes of Friend and Atwell would have trouble deciding if the wanted gravy or curry sauce. Atkinson would not be out of place as a cunt insurance adjuster.

The rest of them alternate between the PE teacher who’s let himself go or over baked sun lounger like Mariner. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Only Pier Luigi Collina was cool. He had those seething blue eyes and massive dome. And looked like he could at any moment make a call and send you to sleep with the fishes. European refs have a bit of style to them. The Turkish fella Cunet looks like he could order off a

michelin star menu while the likes of Friend and Atwell would have trouble deciding if the wanted gravy or curry sauce. Atkinson would not be out of place as a cunt insurance adjuster.

The rest of them alternate between the PE teacher who’s let himself go or over baked sun lounger like Mariner. 

He's back!

Collina was the anomaly, and you know it!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I said on one of the previous match threads there was a ref who was new to the scene, he gave a penalty against Liverpool and VAR said to check the screen. He ran over, watched it once and stuck to his decision. The whole point of VAR saying check this is so they can reassess their decision and be certain. Quick glance? Fuck that. Saturday night live on the telly box and these pricks want to be noticed no matter how stupid it makes them look.

Shooter , the scary thing about that incident against Everton was that it came out that he was sent to the screen to suggest he sent TAA off for having his head booted by Calvert-Lewin , nothing to do with the shit award of the penalty !!!

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

The only scarier stare than (Don) Pier Luigi was Ben Kingsley's character in Sexy Beast.

• dave u unpinned this topic