Quantcast
Bad Aids - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mattyq

Bad Aids

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

A quick Google states it reduces sexual transmission by up 99% when used as prescribed. That's a pretty good drug!

It certainly looks it.

It's such a pity these drugs came getting on for 40 years after HIV first came to the fore.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching that It's A Sin and Dallas Buyers Club recently, I never realised the horrific nature of what it can do to a body, just a horrendous disease. To have any prospect of a cure or proper treatment is an amazing breakthrough.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Watching that It's A Sin and Dallas Buyers Club recently, I never realised the horrific nature of what it can do to a body, just a horrendous disease. To have any prospect of a cure or proper treatment is an amazing breakthrough.

Yeah, dunno how old you are but I was having my “wild oats sowing” rite of passage exactly when that disease was running wild and was pretty much headline news everyday. It was genuinely a terrifying time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah, dunno how old you are but I was having my “wild oats sowing” rite of passage exactly when that disease was running wild and was pretty much headline news everyday. It was genuinely a terrifying time.

Was only a kid back then (I remember the adverts and asked my mum if she'd get me some condoms from the garage, thinking they were tablets, but she reliably informed me I wouldn't need any at aged six).

 

But even since, I've never seen the impact on the body depicted until films which had been made fairly recently, and it looks like a horrific way to go.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I say mate, any late teen early twenties year old at the time will tell you how terrifying it was. Came home from a holiday in Benidorm one year when i was about 22 convinced I would be dead within 18 months, the panic and paranoia was always just under the surface  and as you correctly say it was a fucking horrible way to go.

To this day I remember watching Freddie Mercury coming on stage at the BRITS in about 1989 or something, taking one look at him and thinking “Uh Oh”

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Like I say mate, any late teen early twenties year old at the time will tell you how terrifying it was. Came home from a holiday in Benidorm one year when i was about 22 convinced I would be dead within 18 months, the panic and paranoia was always just under the surface  and as you correctly say it was a fucking horrible way to go.

To this day I remember watching Freddie Mercury coming on stage at the BRITS in about 1989 or something, taking one look at him and thinking “Uh Oh”


Had you slept with him?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

What about shithouse aids, will it work for that. 

 

 

 

It works for bad shithouse Aids too!!

 

6 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Isn’t it still the biggest killer in Africa? Fucking grim

Went to South Africa probably 15 years ago and apparently over 30% of Kwa-zulu Natal had it, so 3 million people. Horrific 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Went to South Africa probably 15 years ago and apparently over 30% of Kwa-zulu Natal had it, so 3 million people. Horrific 

 

This is what happens when people refuse to wear face masks.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

This is what happens when people refuse to wear face masks.

It works for shithouse aids did you read that bit? You should be fine sport 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×