You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bad Aids

mattyq

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I wobder if you'll need to prove you've had it to walk down stanley st.

giphy_0.gif

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

I wobder if you'll need to prove you've had it to walk down stanley st.

What.gif

7 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

A quick Google states it reduces sexual transmission by up 99% when used as prescribed. That's a pretty good drug!

It certainly looks it.

It's such a pity these drugs came getting on for 40 years after HIV first came to the fore.

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Watching that It's A Sin and Dallas Buyers Club recently, I never realised the horrific nature of what it can do to a body, just a horrendous disease. To have any prospect of a cure or proper treatment is an amazing breakthrough.

Yeah, dunno how old you are but I was having my “wild oats sowing” rite of passage exactly when that disease was running wild and was pretty much headline news everyday. It was genuinely a terrifying time.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah, dunno how old you are but I was having my “wild oats sowing” rite of passage exactly when that disease was running wild and was pretty much headline news everyday. It was genuinely a terrifying time.

Was only a kid back then (I remember the adverts and asked my mum if she'd get me some condoms from the garage, thinking they were tablets, but she reliably informed me I wouldn't need any at aged six).

But even since, I've never seen the impact on the body depicted until films which had been made fairly recently, and it looks like a horrific way to go.

• Upvote 3

Like I say mate, any late teen early twenties year old at the time will tell you how terrifying it was. Came home from a holiday in Benidorm one year when i was about 22 convinced I would be dead within 18 months, the panic and paranoia was always just under the surface  and as you correctly say it was a fucking horrible way to go.

To this day I remember watching Freddie Mercury coming on stage at the BRITS in about 1989 or something, taking one look at him and thinking “Uh Oh”

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Like I say mate, any late teen early twenties year old at the time will tell you how terrifying it was. Came home from a holiday in Benidorm one year when i was about 22 convinced I would be dead within 18 months, the panic and paranoia was always just under the surface  and as you correctly say it was a fucking horrible way to go.

To this day I remember watching Freddie Mercury coming on stage at the BRITS in about 1989 or something, taking one look at him and thinking “Uh Oh”

Had you slept with him?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

What about shithouse aids, will it work for that. 

It works for bad shithouse Aids too!!

6 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Isn’t it still the biggest killer in Africa? Fucking grim

Went to South Africa probably 15 years ago and apparently over 30% of Kwa-zulu Natal had it, so 3 million people. Horrific