You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - Champions League (A) 6/4/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Dreadful again tonight and it’s not gonna be easier at Anfield. Robbo and Gini are exhausted yet he can’t trust anyone else to fill their boots. The way the front 3 have played all season and the centre half fuck up theyve constantly had to be on the ball giving it 100% and they’re gone now. Massive rebuild required in the summer. If he’s not giving any of them on the bench a look in then they can’t be here next season.

3 minutes ago, lebron said:

It was well executed, but that really shouldn't happen at this level. One of the all-time great passers with not a single player near him and the slowest CB in the major European leagues standing on the half-way line. That was just schoolboy stuff.

Trent let him down there - Vin Jr is his man - the run and sight/flight of the pass are all in front of Trent.

2 minutes ago, HolyHank said:

More like the front three as a unit. They produce moments of quality, but the collective brilliance is gone. 

Jota and one of Salah/Mane could stay for a new attacking line 

The only reason you'd sell Salah over Mane, in my book, is that anyone in their right mind would pay twice as much for Mo.

That's the gulf that's developed between them this past year.

Just now, skaro said:

The only reason you'd sell Salah over Mane, in my book, is that anyone in their right mind would pay twice as much for Mo.

I thought Sadio was breathtaking last year, but this season he has fallen off a cliff. Salah is doing good numberwise, but neither he is at the level he performed at earlier. 

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We have players who can do it, but no one is dumb enough to let us do it, like we let Kroos do it.

Other teams do score brilliantly worked goals against us, mate and not every goal we conceed is because of shit defending or defenders.

We can debate the time Kroos had to play the ball and vinicius to finish it, but it was an inch perfect, defence splitting pass.

Vinicius needed one touch to control it, he might have taken another touch before putting it in the net. I dont think any of our front 3 including Mo would have been on the end of a similar ball tonight even if our midfield had made the opportunity for them.

Teams are going to score goals like that. The goals that pissed me off were the 2nd and 3rd because they were the real schoolboy errors, not the 1st.

But each to their own.

• Upvote 1

Like in November 2014, we were shown up for what we are by a good but not great Real team.

Jurgen had his Gareth Barry/ Pep moment ( trying to be a smart arse with his Keita selection) and lost all the confidence from the team from that Arsenal performance by leaving out the playmaker who is on a par with Modric and Kroos....he thought his industrial philosophy would overcome proper football.  Keita has shown nothing in 3 years to justify Jurgen's brain fuck tonight.

Timi was his usual  out of depth self and Jota is no Firmino 2018...unfortunately Sadio and Mo are not 2018 versions of themselves either and the one positive out of tonight is that neither of the Spanish giants will see them as upgrades  on what they have.

That team, with those honest but limited centre backs, is good enough to put a run together in the league to finish 4th, but we are a long way off Europe's best at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Other teams do score brilliantly worked goals against us, mate and not every goal we conceed is because of shit defending or defenders.

We can debate the time Kroos had to play the ball and vinicius to finish it, but it was an inch perfect, defence splitting pass.

Vinicius needed one touch to control it, he might have taken another touch before putting it in the net. I dontthink any of our front 3 including Mo would have been on the end of asimilar ball tonight even if our midfield had made the opportunity for them.

Teams are going to score goals like that. The goals that pissed me off were the 2nd and 3rd because they were the real schoolboy errors, not the 1st.

But each to their own.

Fabinho, Thiago, Trent or Henderson could have all played that ball if no one was around them.

Edit: forgot Virgil.  

9 minutes ago, skaro said:

You would have to be a special kind of lunatic to entertainere the idea of selling Salah and keep Mane. 

EAAFA993-BC97-405F-882B-E117727FB3BE.jpeg

3F82C25E-4767-4AC3-A22F-E013BC5DE806.jpeg

1 hour ago, HolyHank said:

Oh, man, we're in trouble, from a to z. 

Allison has dropped his standards considerately and looks like a Pepe 2010-doppelganger: every decent shot hits the back of the bet. 

Trent is proving Southgate right, and Klopp is seemingly too proud or naive to protect him. Every opponent of a certain standard is looking for the space behind him as he is slow and can't defend one against one. 

Phillips/Kabak are playing to their standards. It is what it is. 

Robbo is out of steam and has lost the spring in his step. 

Why on earth Klopp went Keita tonight, God only knows. He is not physical enough, doesn't cover enough ground, and when he passes the ball, it looks like he's hitting a basket ball with a golf club. 

And, as Usher has pointed out long time ago, the front three is finished. Let them grow old on someone elses ground. 

This Real team is piss poor, and we were outclassed. 

Holy shit. This is an unholy pile of knee-jerk nonsense by HolyHank.

1 hour ago, Code said:

You would have to be a special kind of lunatic to entertainere the idea of selling Salah and keep Mane. 

EAAFA993-BC97-405F-882B-E117727FB3BE.jpeg

3F82C25E-4767-4AC3-A22F-E013BC5DE806.jpeg

He was being complimentary to Salah. Don't think he was advocating for Salah to be sold. I probably like Salah as much as you do, but that wasn't a post that needed stats and screenshots for fucks sake. 

2 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

He was being complimentary to Salah. Don't think he was advocating for Salah to be sold. I probably like Salah as much as you do, but that wasn't a post that needed stats and screenshots for fucks sake. 

My post was not aimed him, I was just adding more weight to it. 

Considering the fact that Gini was rested for most of the Arsenal game and the fact that Fabinho also had a 3 week break, their awful display in midfield tonight needs to be highlighted more.

Keita was poor and got hooked early. Those other two had 50 minutes more on the pitch and still got dicked around even when Keita wasnt there.

• Upvote 2

They were all bad. The plan with Keita was obviously to press them high, that's about all you can do with him in the side because he otherwise has no positional discipline. What happened instead was we were totally flat and had no options when we had the ball because instead of having someone in the front 3 who supports the midfield, we had 3 strikers on the pitch who want to run in behind the whole time. And we were pressed very, very effectively. 

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Don’t understand people questioning Alisson. Did they want Van Dijk out earlier this season too? Let’s cash in on Klopp too while we’re at it. 

It's a total nonsense.

Hipster shit.