You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - Champions League (A) 6/4/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Letting Gini go and selling either Mane or Firmino is the way to go. Need to get younger, fresher. As well as wasters like Keita and the broken Matip. We'll be lucky if one of those things happen, unfortunately.

I'm all for letting Manè go. He doesn't want to be here by the looks of him and we're suffering with his drop off.

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

9 defeats in last 16 games say’s its all....Great sides doesn’t have stats like that, and we were a great side .

This side has become mentality midgets. The occasion was clearly too big for 7-8 of our players.

No-one has mentioned Robbo. He has been awful many months now. He needs a long break.

The only positives were an away goal and we at least kept some semblance of possession in the second half.

Don’t like to say too much against individual players, but I have to say Trent was awful defensively, their third was preventable had he gone with Vinicius or let Phillips know where he was, but he did neither and that plus his header back for the second showed why he still has a lot to learn.

Kabak and Phillips did remarkably well considering how the rest of the team played, but our consistency is gone, too many times we’ve seemingly turned a corner only to play utter shite in the next game.

I’m with everyone who thinks Keita is done, but why he was brought in for this game in the first place baffles me, seriously.

Sadio is going into dangerous territory regarding poor performances and I really hope he turns his form around soon, he offered next to nothing tonight other than to hit the floor far too often, and yes he was fouled a couple of times, but if you can’t dive well, don’t dive at all.

Sorely missing Jordan in midfield, Wijnaldum hardly put a ball forward all night and Fabinho had, for him, a very average game, Thiago hasn’t been overly effective up to now but with Fab and Hendo in there, we might see him play like the player he’s been bought for. Sadly that might not be this season though.

Is this still winnable?
Of course it is, but we’re not good enough to keep them out I fear and so will need to score 3 or 4 next week, which isn’t likely to happen on current form.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

"Salah did fuck all except score our goal" is quite possibly the most ridiculous line I've heard in football.

He strolls around lost the ball about 15 times but he did score a goal, he created nothing for someone else, he created no chance for hímself, he didnt get past any defender, is it hard to understand he did fuck all except score a goal that fell to him from a Jota shot ?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I think you can make an argument that those balls over the top from Kroos don't happen/aren't nearly as effective with Bobby harassing him as well. I still think with Hendo out we should start all 4 of them but Mané's run of form makes the case for him to be dropped as well.

It's a great point. In hindsight, Bobby in the 9 and either Jota or Mane on the bench would have maybe not been a popular choice, but would have been totally understandable.

Keita in for anyone, on the other hand...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I noticed that early on. A few balls slid out and a few of our players (Robbo, Gini and Jota) slipped on the dugout side of the pitch. Not an excuse at all but that pitch was sodden in the first half. 

We always seem to fall foul of teams fucking about with their pitch. Stoke were well known for long grass and we used to get shafted regularly there. Like you say though, no excuse as we were dogshit. 

Just now, Judge said:

This side has become mentality midgets. The occasion was clearly too big for 7-8 of our players.

No-one has mentioned Robbo. He has been awful many months now. He needs a long break.

I think Robbo like Gini have been run into the ground.

we’ll lose Gini for nothing in the summer which is a joke.

Robbo will play every minute for Scotland and get no break which he needs 

1 minute ago, Funkasy said:

He strolls around lost the ball about 15 times but he did score a goal, he created nothing for someone else, he created no chance for hímself, he didnt get past any defender, is it hard to understand he did fuck all except score a goal that fell to him from a Jota shot ?

Fantastic analysis.

Lots of data to back it up, and a genuinely brilliant understanding of the game.

I salute you, sir.

2 minutes ago, Judge said:

Yep him and Trent have been big reasons for our drop off, Trent especially who is starting to look like a competition winner. There’s just so much wrong with this side right now, so much needs fixing, Klopp must be shell shocked with the disintegration he’s seeing.

14 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Mane was shit, but salah did fuck all to,(except the goal) taking Jota off was just stupid, just like starting with keita and that double sub that did fuck all either, shaqiri touched the ball twice and Firmino was finished 18 months ago. 

we will win 2-0 at anfield, Salah and Mane. 

Mane won’t score. We better hope Jota and Salah is on form. 

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I said it in the top four thread you can’t get away with a centre half of Phillips and Kabak, and that’s nothing against them but they’re not good enough and  we will get found out again before the end of the season 

What did Kabak do wrong tonight? I don’t think he’s ever gonna be the worlds best defender, but he had a good game I thought. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Funkasy said:

He played a beautiful through ball down the centre to Mane that, 18 months ago, Mane would have strolled through and scored.

Mane doesn't seem to want to go down for Mo to score pens, and he doesn't seem to want Mo's assist tally to go up either.

Horrible performance from Klopp and the players. Baffling to see Keita, even more baffling taking off Jota. Bobby should have been on alot earlier for either Mané or Gini. Jota to run the lines with Bobby behing him was quite effective against Arsenal. Modric and Kross would have had a field day though whenever we lost the ball. 

Gotta play to win. Hate when we set up for a draw and still get a dry bumming. Just fucking play to win, if we lose at least we'd have giving it our best shot.

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm fucked off with Klopp. 

Nobody did more to undermine the two lads at CB than Klopp himself. 

They were fine, just attack the cunts with our world class forwards and let the defence deal with the fallout.  But no, the message was clearly different, as the second half showed.

You really are a cunt. Fuck off.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I said it in the top four thread you can’t get away with a centre half of Phillips and Kabak, and that’s nothing against them but they’re not good enough and  we will get found out again before the end of the season 

I accept that, but we're in the situation where we can win games 5-4.  We don't look capable of scoring goals at will despite great options.