You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - Champions League (A) 6/4/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Feel quietly confident, but have this nagging doubt that our centre halves are going to find this a big, big step up and could be badly exposed.

That is the real fear and nagging doubt.

I also wonder if maybe Klopp might feel this and revert to sticking Fabinho in there which of course in turn kills our midfield and the protection of back 4.

Hopefully he won't....feel we have to go with it as it is now even though it is a potential achilles heel.

• Upvote 1

What's the chances Real spend the day putting pressure on UEFA to suspend the tie incase of more covid cases so they can try and get Ramos and Vsrane back. 

If it does get played I'd just go for the jugular tonight. 4-2-3-1 Bobby as the 20 behind the front three. Put as much pressure on Krois and Midric as possible and try and get a couple of goals. 

11 minutes ago, niallers said:

Madrid now worried of more positive cases as varanne had a lot of close contacts in the squad. Shaktar had to field a load of kids in the competition this year, uefa wouldn't let them call it off so those cunts can fuck off if it turns out that they've more cases. 

Pretty sure they changed the rules for Group games vs knockouts similar to what was done in the Cup didn't they?

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pretty sure they changed the rules for Group games vs knockouts similar to what was done in the Cup didn't they?

Seen this albeit it's the female Champions League but assume the rules will be the same.

Lyon v PSG women's Champions League clash postponed due to COVID-19 cases (yahoo.com)

PARIS (Reuters) - The women's Champions League quarter-final second leg between Olympique Lyonnais and Paris St Germain has been postponed due to a string of COVID-19 cases within the OL squad.

Seven-times champions Lyon said on Monday that six of their players had tested positive for the novel coronavirus and asked for Wednesday's home game to be played at a later date after the whole squad was put in isolation by regional health authorities.

"Due to positive cases returned by several players within the Olympique Lyonnais team... and the information that the entire team delegation... has been placed in quarantine, the UEFA women's Champions League quarter-final second leg match... cannot take place as scheduled," UEFA said in a statement.

UEFA said they postponed the match in accordance with the special rules applicable to knockout stage matches due to COVID-19.

The European soccer governing body has not yet set a new date for the match.

Lyon, who claimed the last five titles, won the first leg 1-0 in Paris.

15 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Let me put it another way. I don't care if we win, lose or draw as long as we score more goals than them.

I've got a strong feeling that your wish will be coming true tonight.

18 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Middle class Moanero at the Sainsbury’s. Bet you funded the Jamie Oliver years with your biscuit purchases. 

I’m more bemused by the lack of protective screens, masks and social distancing. What is this witchery? 

• Upvote 1