Quantcast
Generation covid - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Clem H Fandango

Generation covid

Recommended Posts

Where do I start? 

 

Kids these days and there propensity to carry knives and act like little mobsters smoking a joint of weed and threatening people twice the size. Fucking joke!

I'm glad my partners kids just sit indoors on the playstation playing that game called twice weekly (fortnite) however some part of me says they need to get out more.

The youngest at nearly 15 has no idea what to do when he leaves school...so much potential but so little application in realising said potential.

 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If A-Levels & Uni is out of the question mate then he could do a lot worse than join the Royal Navy. Doesn't just open their eyes to the wilder world and toughen them up but the learning opportunities are unreal. Engineering especially. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If A-Levels & Uni is out of the question mate then he could do a lot worse than join the Royal Navy. Doesn't just open their eyes to the wilder world and toughen them up but the learning opportunities are unreal. Engineering especially. 

 

 

My cousin was in the Navy. He went to the London offices for Army recruitment (apparently it's quite a famous street but can't remember what it was called) as he really wanted to join the Army. The told him they weren't recruiting at the moment, but said the Navy recruitment office was just a few doors away. Disappointed he went there and signed up.

 

I actually wonder if maybe the Army told him they weren't recruiting as he was a very tubby guy. Once in the Navy, he spent a year in their training programme and he turned his fat into muscle and he was a genuinely massive guy. Very powerful and intimidating. As he was enrolling to be on the IT/Engineering side, he did actually slide back into his old habits and did put on weight again.

 

He retired after the minimum service required to obtain the pension. I think that was his utlimate goal, lazy bones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

Where do I start? 

 

Kids these days and there propensity to carry knives and act like little mobsters smoking a joint of weed and threatening people twice the size. Fucking joke!

I'm glad my partners kids just sit indoors on the playstation playing that game called twice weekly (fortnite) however some part of me says they need to get out more.

The youngest at nearly 15 has no idea what to do when he leaves school...so much potential but so little application in realising said potential.

 

Thoughts?

That's nowhere near abnormal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

Where do I start? 

 

Kids these days and there propensity to carry knives and act like little mobsters smoking a joint of weed and threatening people twice the size. Fucking joke!

I'm glad my partners kids just sit indoors on the playstation playing that game called twice weekly (fortnite) however some part of me says they need to get out more.

The youngest at nearly 15 has no idea what to do when he leaves school...so much potential but so little application in realising said potential.

 

Thoughts?

 

A country raises its population and we've had terrible parents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

A country raises its population and we've had terrible parents.

I'm not one for thinking that current government dictates child behaviour, I personally think its parents passing down their morals or lack of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

I'm not one for thinking that current government legislates child behaviour, I personally think its parents passing down their morals or lack of.

 

Then ask where they get them?

 

A countries psychology is determined by the acts of government, both physical and moral, a countries opportunities are dictated by the actions of a government and their motivation and concerns, a countries view of the world is shaped by government mandate through curriculum, a countries identity and philosophy is uniquely shaped by the actions of government, all of which help form the child and later adult.

 

A childs enviroment is the choice of the governement as they control the purse strings and investment, a parent can only look to change this if that option is available to them, which for the vast majority it is not.

 

A parents job is to make sure the child doesn't fall foul of the laws of government and that horrible thought is what keeps parents awake at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

The youngest at nearly 15 has no idea what to do when he leaves school

 

I'm 42 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

I'm 42 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. 

Amen brother.

 

I just want to be a player, I don't want to fuck around with all this other shit.

 

With regards kids, I worry that they're the first generation since quite literally the dawn of civilisation that don't play with other kids (at least in a non virtual world). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

Then ask where they get them?

 

A countries psychology is determined by the acts of government, both physical and moral, a countries opportunities are dictated by the actions of a government and their motivation and concerns, a countries view of the world is shaped by government mandate through curriculum, a countries identity and philosophy is uniquely shaped by the actions of government, all of which help form the child and later adult.

 

A childs enviroment is the choice of the governement as they control the purse strings and investment, a parent can only look to change this if that option is available to them, which for the vast majority it is not.

 

A parents job is to make sure the child doesn't fall foul of the laws of government and that horrible thought is what keeps parents awake at night.

Surely not everyone follows government psychology? There are free thinkers I've heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Amen brother.

 

I just want to be a player, I don't want to fuck around with all this other shit.

 

With regards kids, I worry that they're the first generation since quite literally the dawn of civilisation that don't play with other kids (at least in a non virtual world). 

Nail on head. Rather than go out and climb a tree, they would rather build some kind of box in a video game and communicate via headsets.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

Nail on head. Rather than go out and climb a tree, they would rather build some kind of box in a video game and communicate via headsets.

The problem we/I see, is that children have no imagination, all their fun is laid on for them. 

In days of yore, the major theme was that your baths kit was dry and you had enough money to get in the baths. Various games of hide-oh, war, hide and seek, would be on the go all the time. 3 and in, shooty, 60 seconds - are all long gone. The internet and video consoles, have killed(in the main) a child's imagination and ability to interact and play. 

And as for obesity of children today, is it no wonder kids are suffering health wise with so little exercise. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

Surely not everyone follows government psychology? There are free thinkers I've heard.

 

You missed the point, the governments actions dictate the overall psychology.

 

Look at the current mess, lies, theft, dishonesty, these things filter through, that's the psychology which is fed down and the public will look to this and test the parameters of what is permissable as they see those 'above them' getting away with. 

 

The government control the dominant ideology, hence they control the psychology, both pervasive and evasive.

 

Blaming parents is like blaming me for my goldfish dying when i was six becuase my parents didn't buy fish food. 

 

They take some of the blame, of course, but so much is out of thier control that it feels like the massive cop out it is to say 'blame the parents'.

 

No, blame years of underinvestment, schools being underfunded and curriculum limited to nationalistic tones, lack of focus on creating new jobs, overseas investment blocking aspiration to buy a home, decimation of the manufacturing industries, cuts to local services, debt being seen as a solution and not a problem.

 

Give them opportunity and aspiration/hope and the situation you talk about will abate and that only comes through government intervention, in the main.

 

The government decide how lives are shaped and how, if at all, they can be a purposeful one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

You missed the point, the governments actions dictate the overall psychology.

 

Look at the current mess, lies, theft, dishonesty, these things filter through, that's the psychology which is fed down and the public will look to this and test the perameters of what is permissable as they see those 'above them' getting away with. 

 

The governement control the dominant ideology, hence they control the psychology, both pervasive and evasive.

 

Blaming parents is like blaming me for my goldfish dying when i was six becuase my parents didn't buy fish food. 

 

They take some of the blame, of course, but so much is out of thier control that it feels like the massive cop out it is to say 'blame the parents'.

 

No, blame years of underinvestment, schools being underfunded and curriculum limited to nationalistic tones, lack of focus on creating new jobs, overseas investment blocking aspiration to buy a home, decimation of the manufacturing industries, cuts to local services, debt being seen as a solution and not a problem.

 

Give them oppertunity and aspiration/hope and the situation you talk about will abate and that only comes through government intervention, in the main.

 

The governemnt decide how lives are shaped and how, if at all, they can be a purposeful one.

Ok, who was PM when you were 6? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

That Bitch.

She can add being a goldfish murdering bitch to her list of atrocities then. Slag 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

You missed the point, the governments actions dictate the overall psychology.

 

Look at the current mess, lies, theft, dishonesty, these things filter through, that's the psychology which is fed down and the public will look to this and test the parameters of what is permissable as they see those 'above them' getting away with. 

 

The government control the dominant ideology, hence they control the psychology, both pervasive and evasive.

 

Blaming parents is like blaming me for my goldfish dying when i was six becuase my parents didn't buy fish food. 

 

They take some of the blame, of course, but so much is out of thier control that it feels like the massive cop out it is to say 'blame the parents'.

 

No, blame years of underinvestment, schools being underfunded and curriculum limited to nationalistic tones, lack of focus on creating new jobs, overseas investment blocking aspiration to buy a home, decimation of the manufacturing industries, cuts to local services, debt being seen as a solution and not a problem.

 

Give them opportunity and aspiration/hope and the situation you talk about will abate and that only comes through government intervention, in the main.

 

The government decide how lives are shaped and how, if at all, they can be a purposeful one.

Kids have no interest in politics. If itry and get them to do something other than gaming they have no interest. Not really a government's fault that technology has brainwashed the yoof. Unless of course we choose to be like North Korea, which in some ways has it's good points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

Then ask where they get them?

 

A countries psychology is determined by the acts of government, both physical and moral, a countries opportunities are dictated by the actions of a government and their motivation and concerns, a countries view of the world is shaped by government mandate through curriculum, a countries identity and philosophy is uniquely shaped by the actions of government, all of which help form the child and later adult.

 

A childs enviroment is the choice of the governement as they control the purse strings and investment, a parent can only look to change this if that option is available to them, which for the vast majority it is not.

 

A parents job is to make sure the child doesn't fall foul of the laws of government and that horrible thought is what keeps parents awake at night.

Spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

I'm 42 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. 

Once I’ve finished being an astronaut I’m thinking a few years playing football, then when my legs go finishing my as a cricketer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

With regards kids, I worry that they're the first generation since quite literally the dawn of civilisation that don't play with other kids (at least in a non virtual world). 

 

My boss took on an 18 year old apprentice a few years ago and he'd never made a phonecall before! and I don't just mean in a workplace environment, he'd literally never called anyone!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×