You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Generation covid

“Kids these days. You think you’ve got it bad? All you’ve got to contend with is diseases that turn you into flesh-eating zombies. But back in the day we had to stay at home on our Playstations, and couldn’t see anyone for three months....”

• Upvote 1

The Internet generation those whose entire lives have had the answers to everything at their fingertips, privacy a rarity everything consumable and disposable, relationships often digital, patience thin and entitlement as high as ever are going to be the most useless cunts of all time. I for one look forward to see their jelly foundations topple and kill us all.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The Internet generation those whose entire lives have had the answers to everything at their fingertips, privacy a rarity everything consumable and disposable, relationships often digital, patience thin and entitlement as high as ever are going to be the most useless cunts of all time. I for one look forward to see their jelly foundations topple and kill us all.

Entitlement.

Her youngest only speaks when the internet is lagging and he cant play fortnite properly. I deliberately lag the internet by playing a stream all day on my phone just to hear him throw his toys out of the pram.

Dinnertime is also amusing. He eats his food as fast as he can so he can get back on his Playstation than sit and talk with the family. Again I eat my dinner as slowly as possible which makes him huff and puff disapproval.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, TheBigGreenBastard said:

Entitlement.

Her youngest only speaks when the internet is lagging and he cant play fortnite properly. I deliberately lag the internet by playing a stream all day on my phone just to hear him throw his toys out of the pram.

Dinnertime is also amusing. He eats his food as fast as he can so he can get back on his Playstation than sit and talk with the family. Again I eat my dinner as slowly as possible which makes him huff and puff disapproval.

Aye, our 13 year old was alright in the first lockdown but she’s spent a lot of time either side of Christmas locked away in her bedroom, culminating recently in lots of huffing and puffing when we’ve had the temerity to ask her to do something and a general reluctance to spend time with anyone else in the family. Being a nasty bitch at times too.

At first I was happy enough to put it down to lockdown stress and teenage girl hormones but a couple of weeks ago I’d had enough and saw my arse about it. After a fucking almighty telling off we sat her down, told her we appreciated that Covid has made things crap but reminded her of everything she has, everything she gets, how privileged she is compared to some others and how we don’t have to allow her to have any of those things. 

Seems to have done the trick. For now anyway. She’s back downstairs playing Switch with us, coming on walks to the park and not speaking to the rest of us like we’re cunts. Like a breath of fresh air. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

My boss took on an 18 year old apprentice a few years ago and he'd never made a phonecall before! and I don't just mean in a workplace environment, he'd literally never called anyone!

The mrs was with her school class , aged about 9 , on a trip to the science museum and not a single one could work out how to use an 80's style dialling telephone.

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Whereas the excesses of past generations are responsible for global warming and baby-boomers especially, have had the privilege of having the cushiest economy of all time.