You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) Premier League - Sat 3rd April - 20:00

Bjornebye

The Emirates hasn't really been a happy hunting ground for the travelling Reds. We've had a lot of draws and a few decent performances but, especially recently, we've never dominated Arsenal the way we have at Anfield. Last season's fixture came after we'd clinched the league, and performances from a number of our players had tailed off. Some of them still played as though they were drunk! Sadio gave us an early lead after finishing off a slick move involving Robbo, but some very shoddy defending allowed Lacazette and Nelson to turn it around and give the Gunners a half-time lead. No further score in the second half meant the game finished 2-1 to them, and meant we wouldn't be able to equal Man City's Premier League points record of 100 never mind beat it. Prior to the lockdown, such a feat had looked inevitable.

One of the oddest games at their place came in April 2011. Kenny was in the dugout and the team had slowly recovered from the lows of the Hodgson era and the boardroom shenanigans of October 2010. El Nino has been sold, and Carroll and Suarez had come in. The match was very even until midway through the second half when Skrtel and his 50p head went for an aerial ball together with Carra. Carra got knocked out cold and there was a lengthy delay before he was stretchered off the pitch. It was into stoppage time when the real fun began.

Arsenal were awarded a penalty when Spearing was adjudged to have brought down Fabregas. Van Persie took the spot kick and buried it, 7 minutes into stoppage time. For all our endeavours it looked like we'd come away empty handed. Then Fabregas was adjudged to have Brought Lucas down just outside the box in the 10th minute of time added on (he was on the line on the edge of the penalty area). Suarez took the free kick which hit the wall and looped away towards Lucas near the left of the area. As the ball dropped, he halted his run and Eboue barged into the back of him to earn us a penalty. Wenger was going mad on the touchline. Up stepped the ultra-reliable Dirk Kuyt to bury it in the 12th minute of stoppage time with the last kick of the game. 1-1, a point gained and Kenny told Wenger to piss off at the final whistle when the Frenchman started mouthing off.

Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull spent 2 weeks at the top of the chart on April 2011 with 'On The Floor'. It heavily featured a sample of the same tune used in Kaoma's 1980s hit 'Lambada'. It's a predictably ordinary dance tune from a time when predictably ordinary dance tunes often went top of the charts over here. Case in point being Pitbull having another No1 a month later, and 'On The Floor' being immediately followed by 'Party Rock anthem' by LMFAO. You know you've heard that shit.

It's almost 3 weeks since we last played, and it reminds me a lot of last year's lockdown when we had no football but the days were nice and sunny. Normally when our team has had a break, it takes us a while to get back into a rhythm. This season we've had games coming thick and fast, but with square pegs in round holes and an attack that has misfired more often than not of late, we've lacked any rhythm anyway. Stupidly, Sky and the PL have decided to make this the late game on Saturday even though we have to travel to Madrid for a game the following Tuesday. Imbeciles in charge wherever you look when it comes to organisation in this country. Go into this one strong and try to get the job done quickly to earn the 3 points. Don't rely on putting all our eggs in the Champions League basket.

• Upvote 2

On 31/03/2021 at 17:59, Trumo said:

The Emirates hasn't really been a happy hunting ground for the travelling Reds. We've had a lot of draws and a few decent performances but, especially recently, we've never dominated Arsenal the way we have at Anfield. Last season's fixture came after we'd clinched the league, and performances from a number of our players had tailed off. Some of them still played as though they were drunk! Sadio gave us an early lead after finishing off a slick move involving Robbo, but some very shoddy defending allowed Lacazette and Nelson to turn it around and give the Gunners a half-time lead. No further score in the second half meant the game finished 2-1 to them, and meant we wouldn't be able to equal Man City's Premier League points record of 100 never mind beat it. Prior to the lockdown, such a feat had looked inevitable.

One of the oddest games at their place came in April 2011. Kenny was in the dugout and the team had slowly recovered from the lows of the Hodgson era and the boardroom shenanigans of October 2010. El Nino has been sold, and Carroll and Suarez had come in. The match was very even until midway through the second half when Skrtel and his 50p head went for an aerial ball together with Carra. Carra got knocked out cold and there was a lengthy delay before he was stretchered off the pitch. It was into stoppage time when the real fun began.

Arsenal were awarded a penalty when Spearing was adjudged to have brought down Fabregas. Van Persie took the spot kick and buried it, 7 minutes into stoppage time. For all our endeavours it looked like we'd come away empty handed. Then Fabregas was adjudged to have Brought Lucas down just outside the box in the 10th minute of time added on (he was on the line on the edge of the penalty area). Suarez took the free kick which hit the wall and looped away towards Lucas near the left of the area. As the ball dropped, he halted his run and Eboue barged into the back of him to earn us a penalty. Wenger was going mad on the touchline. Up stepped the ultra-reliable Dirk Kuyt to bury it in the 12th minute of stoppage time with the last kick of the game. 1-1, a point gained and Kenny told Wenger to piss off at the final whistle when the Frenchman started mouthing off.

Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull spent 2 weeks at the top of the chart on April 2011 with 'On The Floor'. It heavily featured a sample of the same tune used in Kaoma's 1980s hit 'Lambada'. It's a predictably ordinary dance tune from a time when predictably ordinary dance tunes often went top of the charts over here. Case in point being Pitbull having another No1 a month later, and 'On The Floor' being immediately followed by 'Party Rock anthem' by LMFAO. You know you've heard that shit.

It's almost 3 weeks since we last played, and it reminds me a lot of last year's lockdown when we had no football but the days were nice and sunny. Normally when our team has had a break, it takes us a while to get back into a rhythm. This season we've had games coming thick and fast, but with square pegs in round holes and an attack that has misfired more often than not of late, we've lacked any rhythm anyway. Stupidly, Sky and the PL have decided to make this the late game on Saturday even though we have to travel to Madrid for a game the following Tuesday. Imbeciles in charge wherever you look when it comes to organisation in this country. Go into this one strong and try to get the job done quickly to earn the 3 points. Don't rely on putting all our eggs in the Champions League basket.

You can't beat an injury-time Dirk pen.

Divided Opinion: 5 Liverpool players who fans never agreed on - Liverpool  FC - This Is Anfield

• Upvote 2

Can see Robbo needing to be rested as well.

Played every minute of Scotlands 3 games over the last week.

Can't see him playing Saturday and Tuesday as well on back of that...would be 5 games in 13 days if he did.

Wijnaldum in a similar boat.

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope we get beat.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Listening to podcasts and the like there's a real optimism like we've turned a corner but honestly I don't think we can even remotely say we've begun to turn a corner at all just yet. This season Jesus fucking christ.

It's been a few week so everyone has forgotten about how shit we are. 

Plus the fact we haven't had any season ending injuries picked up during this international break is always a bonus. 

No doubt Klopp will go all out for the CL imo. Don't think we'll see our best 11 on Sat evening then. Think we'll play

------------Allison------------

Trent--Kabak--Phillips--Neco

--Thiago--Fab--Milner--

--Salah--Origi--Mane--

to be able to play Gini, Robbo and Jota/Firmino against Real. Ox might get a surprise start against the Gunners as well (for Thiago or Mane?)

• Downvote 1