You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We Won't Sign Either But If..... Haaland or Mbabbe?

Bjornebye

We Won't Sign Either But If..... Haaland or Mbabbe?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. We Won't Sign Either But If..... Haaland or Mbabbe?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/21 at 09:53

On 31/03/2021 at 15:33, Baltar said:

If City get Haaland they'll easily win the title next season too. The only thing they lack is a prolific forward, so if they get Haaland they will steamroller the rest of the league.

I don't know if he would improve them. Don't get me wrong, he's a great finisher, but from what I've seen of him he seems to have little else than between the posts. I always feel Guardiola bases his system on players being able to play and move about and even with the added goals, he may diminish the team - a little like Lineker at Everton for the oldies out there. I'd be more worried if he went to Salford. 

• Upvote 1

On 31/03/2021 at 11:01, Code said:

No myth at all

Ok. I’m happy to be negged to fuck like when I recommended we signed Ramos. I blame vodka for that.

But anyone who watched Liverpool at Anfield in the 90s, spending every last penny on seeing Jamie Redknapp and Paul Ince passing the pound around should respect this mad Irish cunt.

Roy Keane has attempted to put the record straight over his infamous clash with Alf Inge Haaland by admitting he had deliberately wanted to hurt “the absolute prick” – but that he had never wanted to injure the Norwegian and it was not revenge for the challenge, four years earlier, that left him with a serious knee injury.

The allegation, Keane said, “hurt me … the idea that I’d almost bragged about deliberately injuring a player, in the hope of selling some extra books”.

However, Keane also goes on to say in his new book, The Second Half, that he has never regretted slamming his studs into the knee of the Manchester City player. Haaland, he says, “pissed me off, shooting his mouth off. He was an absolute prick to play against. Niggling, sneaky. I did want to nail him and let him know what was happening. I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go: ‘Take that, you cunt.’ I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him.

“It was action; it was football. It was dog eats dog. I’ve kicked lots of players and I know the difference between hurting somebody and injuring somebody. I didn’t go to injure Haaland. When you play sport, you know how to injure somebody.

“There was no premeditation. I’d played against Haaland three or four times between the game against Leeds, in 1997, when I injured my cruciate and the game when I tackled him, in 2001, when he was playing for Manchester City. If I’d been this madman out for revenge, why would I have waited years for an opportunity to injure him?

Was I going around for years thinking: ’I’m going to get him, I’m going to get him.’? No. Was he at the back of my mind? Of course he was. Like Rob Lee was, like David Batty was, like Alan Shearer was, like Patrick Vieira was. All these players were in the back of my mind: ‘If I get a chance I’m going to fucking hit you, of course I am.’

“Haaland finished the game and played four days later, for Norway. A couple of years later he tried to claim that he’d had to retire because of the tackle. He was going to sue me. It was a bad tackle but he was still able to play four days later.”

Keane was banned for five matches and fined £150,000 after his first book made it appear as though it was a premeditated assault, and he says the case was bound to go against him as soon as his biographer, Eamon Dunphy, was asked whether the United captain had intentionally tried to injure a fellow professional.

Eamon’s three words back were: ‘without a doubt’. That was the case, my defence, out the window,” Keane says. “Looking back at it now, I’m disappointed in the other Manchester City players. They didn’t jump in to defend their team-mate. I know that if someone had done that to a United player, I’d have been right in there. They probably thought he was a prick, too.”

38 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

No chance we are offering anything close to what the others are financially, so Klopp has a huge task at hand to sell his "project"

City et all can offer him their 250-300k a week but when we offer him 25k a week, a saveaway bus ticket and a knowsley safari park annual pass he'll be all ours.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, an tha said:

City et all can offer him their 250-300k a week but when we offer him 25k a week, a saveaway bus ticket and a knowsley safari park annual pass he'll be all ours.

The safari park could fuck us, last time I went one of the little cunts shit on my wing mirror 

• Upvote 1

Probably one for the shitness of modern football thread, but the "Haaland tour", similarly to Odegaard's in 2015, is killing me slowly inside.

The newspapers over here are having a field day, portraying it as a big positive that a father and his leech agent are whoring out one of our biggest sports stars to the highest bidder. I despair at the society we live in.

• Upvote 2

I think Haaland will stay one more year in Dortmund and then he'll have his pick of every top club in Europe next summer when his £65m release clause kicks in. That will bring the likes of Madrid and Barcelona to the table. No chance either of them are spending £130m on a single player this summer.