You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We Won't Sign Either But If..... Haaland or Mbabbe?

Bjornebye

We Won't Sign Either But If..... Haaland or Mbabbe?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. We Won't Sign Either But If..... Haaland or Mbabbe?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/21 at 09:53

I don't think Mbappe is that much of a pipe dream to be honest. I could easily see him coming here but we would have to spend serious money that I can't see the owners sanctioning. Plus, if we don't have CL footy next year we can forget even dreaming about it. Mbappe for me but these two will dominate footy in the next 5 years. I'm dreading either going to another premier league side. 

getInterUrl?uicrIvZQ=c93a42381e9e860139d

giphy.gif

I think Mbappe has greater potential but Haaland seems more likely to fulfil his. Mbappe comes in and offers an upgrade on Mane straight away whilst Haaland changes how we play slightly. I’m a maverick so I’ll back Haaland. Neither are coming, both can be as good as they want. City and Madrid players most likely.

I still reckon we'll get M'bappe, keep him for 3-4 years then sell him to Madrid. Whatever we pay for him Madrid will pay the same or more to us when we sell him, it's basically a free signing and the only cost will be wages for the duration of his contract. 

9 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

I would take Mbappe. Whoever gets these two is the next to dominate. We should be in the frame, but i cant see it happening.

City will replace Aguero with one and Madrid will get the other. Maybe even united will go for one of them.

City can't get Mbappe. Citys owners have been trying to starve PSG's owners. Its an unfortunate by product of nations owning football clubs.

We obviously won't be getting either but Haaland, and by a distance.

Having a striker that we could play in behind, to feet, or cross the ball to, and is a lethal finisher, and is only going to get better, would ensure we challenged for the league and european cup every season he was here.

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

Can't see City spending £150M on a player. Yes they have the money but they haven't yet paid insane sums for one player like United, PSG, Barca and Real have done.

Not on the books, but be sure that they are paying more then anyone else in the world of the books. 

37 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

What could be more disappointing than a thread on signing players we have no chance of signing?

Being a boring bastard who can't appreciate trying to get a debate going over who is the best player out of the two during a shit awful international break? 

9 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It’s mad really. I think any neutral would accept that we are by any measure one of the biggest clubs on the planet and yet the idea that we would sign either of these is utterly ludicrous. Make of that what you will.

I don't think it is.

It sounds like we've done an awful lot of ground work for Mbappe in the past. I've read Klopp is friends with his family and Henry had all his family on his private jet bigging up Liverpool. He's also done promo work with Lebron James in the past. He's in the last year of his contract and it doesn't sound like Madrid have the money.

I'd be happy to sign Mbappe, have him for 3/4 years and then sell him to Madrid when they can afford him. He'll only be 27/28 then and plenty of time with them. 

I know our signings are all about value, but even at £150m or whatever, I don't see us losing money on him. Hopefully the extra revenue and success we have makes doable and then we'd get most of our money back in 4 years time.

Some blue sky thinking there for sure but it's similar to what the mancs did with Ronaldo. 

Similarly, Haaland has a £65m release clause next summer. We've spent more than that on players before.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are both very unlikely, but I don't think it's ludicrous. 

It’s not out of the realms of possibility. It’s conceivable that an investment group would see putting the most promising young forward in world football in the worlds shiniest shop window as a good investment especially as they would likely fund it by selling Salah but the hidden fee’s and wages are what I think rules us out more than anything else.