You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ibrahima Konate

Sugar Ape

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Of course he was coutonho's replacement. He litterally took his place in the side when he left. 

No he literally didn't man - AoC subbed into every game when Coutinho was here after the "back injury", never for him. Coutinho played in the front three off the left more often than not, Chamberlain played there maybe once and started only a handful of games after his departure.

If by being his replacement you mean he played minutes in a different position in a different way then yea, have at it.

Konate and Kabak as second and fourth choices next year sounds good. Phillips as emergency backup. Matip might still be hanging around the treatment room, occasionally fit enough to get ten minutes in a cup game or whatever, but we shouldn't include him as an actual option even if we can't get him off the payroll.

22 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

No he literally didn't man - AoC subbed into every game when Coutinho was here after the "back injury", never for him. Coutinho played in the front three off the left more often than not, Chamberlain played there maybe once and started only a handful of games after his departure.

If by being his replacement you mean he played minutes in a different position in a different way then yea, have at it.

Not in that season. He played mostly midfield. Coutonho's back injury cured itself when the window closesd, I haven't checked, but I doubt chamberlain was at the club for more than 1 game before coutinho was back - chamberlain was an almost deadline day signing. 

17 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

In principle I agree with you,but those experts have not got had a great track record in that department.

Well, if the tweets from the German journalists are to be believed, we've already started some medical tests and are re-verifying his data, it sounds like we're being thorough.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Not in that season. He played mostly midfield. 

No - half in mid half off the left.

We did buy a player to replace him that summer but it wasn't Ox. We then moved another forward to cover the left.

The midfield that season was Henderson, Milner and Wiji. Rotation was Emre Can. Then Ox.

To sum this up - Chamberlain was neither a fire sale nor Coutinho's replacement.

You have plenty of chances to beat your drum Baz - you don't have to do it everytime.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No - half in mid half off the left.

We did buy a player to replace him that summer but it wasn't Ox. We then moved another forward to cover the left.

The midfield that season was Henderson, Milner and Wiji. Rotation was Emre Can. Then Ox.

To sum this up - Chamberlain was neither a fire sale nor Coutinho's replacement.

You have plenty of chances to beat your drum Baz - you don't have to do it everytime.

Ox came into the side as soon as coutinho left in the position coutinho was playing. And he was in our "best" teams until his injury against Roma. Chamberlain absolutely did not play loads as coutinho had his shirt till he left and he was fucked by the start of April, so he had about 3 months. But in that 3 months, he took coutonho's role. 

Not sure how relevant the chat about Ox and Coutinho is. The general consensus is the proceeds from Coutinho’s sale went towards funding Van Dijk and Alisson, not Ox. Regardless £35m, for Ox in his last year of contract was never a cheap deal and I’m saying this as a fan of his. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Not sure how relevant the chat about Ox and Coutinho is. The general consensus is the proceeds from Coutinho’s sale went towards funding Van Dijk and Alisson, not Ox. Regardless £35m, for Ox in his last year of contract was never a cheap deal and I’m saying this as a fan of his. 

It quite clearly has no relevance.

Ox played 42 times in his first season, which is amazing considering he didn’t start playing until January apparently. I also have memories of him creating assists for Salah before January, but what do I know. 

Also, we spent £35m, £38m and £8m on Ox, Salah and Robbo that summer and didn’t make anything like £81m in sales, but y’know, we only sell to buy and all that. 

Another myth that if you repeat it enough becomes true. 

51 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It quite clearly has no relevance.

Ox played 42 times in his first season, which is amazing considering he didn’t start playing until January apparently. I also have memories of him creating assists for Salah before January, but what do I know. 

Also, we spent £35m, £38m and £8m on Ox, Salah and Robbo that summer and didn’t make anything like £81m in sales, but y’know, we only sell to buy and all that. 

Another myth that if you repeat it enough becomes true. 

Hahaha, you are seriously hilarious. You're fucking defending fsg's spending now. I thought even all the appoligists had given up on that one. What's next, it doesn't matter they don't spend because Linda tweeted us and showed us a bit of leg in 2013? 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hahaha, you are seriously hilarious. You're fucking defending fsg's spending now. I thought even all the appoligists had given up on that one. What's next, it doesn't matter they don't spend because Linda tweeted us and showed us a bit of leg in 2013? 

Likely because nobody else can be bothered with you anymore, you tedious bore. 

we only sell to buy“. We sometimes we sell to buy. Sometimes we don’t. I’ve just shown an example above where we don’t, but obviously that doesn’t fit the agenda so no doubt you’ll come back spouting some hilarious nonsense, likely going back to 2012 or something and then say “Gobble” at the end and think you’re dead clever. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you say so pal.

Chamberlain didn't start a game till nov 1 that season and that was against Maribor when we were rotating. He started his 1st league game later that week against West ham. He started just 4 games before Christmas in the league. He started boxing day and went on to start the majority of our league games between boxing day and when he was injured. He started against city and United in the league and both legs of the CL and the 15 or so minutes till he was injured in the 1st leg of the semi. He established himself in centre mid once coutinho packed his bags and occasionally also filled in the front 3 just like coutinho did earlier in the season. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/leistungsdaten/spieler/143424/saison/2017/plus/1

As you can see here coutinho played the majority of his games in midfield. During that same season, playing more often in midfield as the season wore on. Coutinho was injured, rested or playing LW in the few games chamberlain started in that period. 

Screenshot_20210411-165417.jpg

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Likely because nobody else can be bothered with you anymore, you tedious bore. 

we only sell to buy“. We sometimes we sell to buy. Sometimes we don’t. I’ve just shown an example above where we don’t, but obviously that doesn’t fit the agenda so no doubt you’ll come back spouting some hilarious nonsense, likely going back to 2012 or something and then say “Gobble” at the end and think you’re dead clever. 

If nobody can be bothered with me, why are you chasing me round the forum! Haha. Fucking bellend. You're fucking obsessed! Hahaha. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

If nobody can be bothered with me, why are you chasing me round the forum! Haha. Fucking bellend. You're fucking obsessed! Hahaha. 

That makes no sense and there is no correlation between the two.

I did make a mistake though, others are obviously picking up on your endless tediousness as Howie Lama & Ardja have shown. I bet the rest can't be bothered with you though, because you just go on and on and on and on and on, dragging up stuff from years ago to make a point and in the end, everybody just give up because there is no point arguing with somebody with such a narrow view on things and isn't open to listen to any alternative views.

Maybe if you just laid off moaning on every fucking thread, about the same stuff you've moaned about multiple times before, myself and other posters wouldn't be drawn into the shite you post?

"We're too lazy to negotiate". Your exact words which started this exchange and it's frankly shite.

Finally, which other fan base say we're obsessed when we describe the others as a non-entity...

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

That makes no sense and there is no correlation between the two.

I did make a mistake though, others are obviously picking up on your endless tediousness as Howie Lama & Ardja have shown. I bet the rest can't be bothered with you though, because you just go on and on and on and on and on, dragging up stuff from years ago to make a point and in the end, everybody just give up because there is no point arguing with somebody with such a narrow view on things and isn't open to listen to any alternative views.

Maybe if you just laid off moaning on every fucking thread, about the same stuff you've moaned about multiple times before, myself and other posters wouldn't be drawn into the shite you post?

"We're too lazy to negotiate". Your exact words which started this exchange and it's frankly shite.

Finally, which other fan base say we're obsessed when we describe the others as a non-entity...

There's no colleratuon with you can't be bothered and stalking me. Ok. Hahahaha. It's a good job you're gobbling as it keeps you hands free to stalk me. 

I think Bazza is right that Ox was brought in as we knew Coutinho was going to go at some point.
Still I don’t think Klopp had quite worked out how he was going to play the forward and midfield that early in the season as we’d only just got Mo in as well. So calling him a direct replacement is pushing it a bit.

Also Ox wasn’t cheap and no-one was sucking Edwards cock at that point. Salah hadn’t yet shown to be amazing, Robbo wasn’t ahead of Moreno, and we hadn’t signed Virgil, Allison & Fabinho yet. 

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's no colleratuon with you can't be bothered and stalking me. Ok. Hahahaha. It's a good job you're gobbling as it keeps you hands free to stalk me. 

Again, makes no sense, but then again neither does a lot of what you post, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

As for the stalking, I think it was you who dragged up a post from like a week ago you hadn’t replied to and that something else I posted to the Howie Lama.

I get the distinct impression you want to gobble me. I can see why, I’m a catch but I’m going to have to let you down.