You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ibrahima Konate

Sugar Ape

19 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I don't really remember it like that.  I think everyone thought we'd paid too much with one year left on his deal but we didn't have any choice because Chelsea had set the price when they had their bid accepted by Arsenal.  Pretty sure the club would have been hoping to get Ox on a free, or cheap 6 months to go deal, but they were forced to go sooner and more expensive because of Chelsea.

He was coutonho's replacement, just brought in early as we knew he was going. There was no waiting for a free as arsenal wanted paying out, so we did the next best thing. I thought it was too expensive, because he was a sick note, I couldn't understand why we were near him. I remember being rebuffed on here because we'd got a cheap deal. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

He was coutonho's replacement, just brought in early as we knew he was going. There was no waiting for a free as arsenal wanted paying out, so we did the next best thing. I thought it was too expensive, because he was a sick note, I couldn't understand why we were near him. I remember being rebuffed on here because we'd got a cheap deal. 

E8C37375-8447-4D51-8778-E7743F1732FB.gif

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Go have a look at the thread, it’s literally there. I was one of a handful of guys excited by the signing, most posters reckon he was too expensive for a sicknote. You’re probably the only person in this forum who thinks that £35m for AOC at the end of his contract was cheap.

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Can’t believe we’re getting off our lazy asses to negotiate.

I’m angry either way.

The original story says nothing about negotiating, it's just RBL are the ones who've push the idea of a 40m release clause but the reality his summer is it is lower. We've done no negotiating at all. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The original story says nothing about negotiating, it's just RBL are the ones who've push the idea of a 40m release clause but the reality his summer is it is lower. We've done no negotiating at all. 

You should apply for a job on Klopp’s staff, you obviously know far more than our experts.

Put “Amazing foresight” as your main skill.

Actually, send your CV to Henry and FSG as well. You could revolutionise the world.

Alternatively, you could just be some stuck in his ways, resistant to change, nothing is ever good enough, misery guts, who wouldn’t listen to anybody’s alternative & 21st century point of view and be made a figure of fun.

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

You should apply for a job on Klopp’s staff, you obviously know far more than our experts.

Put “Amazing foresight” as your main skill.

Actually, send your CV to Henry and FSG as well. You could revolutionise the world.

Alternatively, you could just be some stuck in his ways, resistant to change, nothing is ever good enough, misery guts, who wouldn’t listen to anybody’s alternative & 21st century point of view and be made a figure of fun.

We already know your job on the FSG payroll. Gobble. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We already know your job on the FSG payroll. Gobble. 

The exact response I expected. Tedious to the last.

Anybody who doesn’t pull the Anti-FSG line or subscribe to some baseless accusations (yachts, fiddle accounts, laziness in negotiation, mythical ground improvements, Linda is a money grabbing whore) is a liar, schill or in their pocket.

You are aware how stupid that all sounds?

Granted, the bit on Linda might be true, but seriously, who gives a shit. Incredibly wealthy man has trophy wife shocker. 

You keep passing off your narrow opinions as “facts” (like another fan base does) and I’ll keep trying to keep an open mind.

Fully expecting a “Gobble” response. Yawn.

Just now, Scott_M said:

Anybody who doesn’t pull the Anti-FSG line or subscribe to some baseless accusations (yachts, fiddle accounts, laziness in negotiation, mythical ground improvements, Linda is a money grabbing whore) is a liar, schill or in their pocket.

Granted, the bit on Linda might be true, but seriously, who gives a shit. Incredibly wealthy man has trophy wife shocker. 

You keep passing off your narrow opinions as “facts” (like another fan base does) and I’ll keep trying to keep an open mind.

Of course it was the response you expected. The truth hurts. Gobble. 

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think that now is the time to ask questions of FSG,however you view them. This season has been our first 'crisis' under Klopp after him turning our club round in superb fashion over the last four or five years,earning them millions in the process. We steered through the first part of the crisis very well but were left floundering in January when action was needed.

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think that now is the time to ask questions of FSG,however you view them. This season has been our first 'crisis' under Klopp after him turning our club round in superb fashion over the last four or five years,earning them millions in the process. We steered through the first part of the crisis very well but were left floundering in January when action was needed.

I don’t disagree with any of that and hopefully Klopp and Edwards are given what they need to inject a bit more quality and freshen things up.

IMO, Konaté seems a good start. He seems to tick all the boxes we want in a player and we’re able to take advantage of his contract situation. His injury record is obviously a concern, but we’ve got to leave that to experts opinions. 

In potentially adding Konaté, to me, looks like a solid start to the summer business.

Midfield and upfront next please. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t disagree with any of that and hopefully Klopp and Edwards are given what they need to inject a bit more quality and freshen things up.

IMO, Konaté seems a good start. He seems to tick all the boxes we want in a player and we’re able to take advantage of his contract situation. His injury record is obviously a concern, but we’ve got to leave that to experts opinions. 

In potentially adding Konaté, to me, it looks like a solid start to the summer business.

Midfield and upfront next please. 

His injury record sets alarm bells off with me already. We simply have too many of those players in the squad. The only player we pulled out of signing,allegedly citing injury problems,was Fekir who seems to have played quite a few games in La Liga since.

58 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

His injury record sets alarm bells off with me already. We simply have too many of those players in the squad. The only player we pulled out of signing,allegedly citing injury problems,was Fekir who seems to have played quite a few games in La Liga since.

I'm concerned at his injury record as well but surely we're best to trust the experts on this matter?