You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mane: I am more proud than ever to be a Liverpool player.

TLW

Sadio Mane has given his biggest indication that he is set to stay at Liverpool for the foreseeable future.

The Senegal winger has had an under-par season compared to the incredible standard that he has set over his Reds career.

In 37 appearances across all competitions this season, Mane has scored 12 goals with seven coming in the Premier League.

Mane actually started the current league campaign in blistering form scoring four goals in as many games but with the amount of injuries and alterations to the starting line-up, has only scored one (against Tottenham) since the start of the new year.

But despite the tough spell that he and his his teammates have had to deal with, the superstar says that morale is still extremely high as the Echo reported.

“Let's be honest, we are in a difficult time and this sometimes happens to teams, which again is part of football. We have to deal with the situation and not stop believing, but keep fighting, keep our motivation and go again.

"When you are a fighter you never try to make excuses, we are here to find solutions.

There is often conjecture if the front three will be broken up and if so, who will depart. But going by the comments of the 28 year-old, he is staying put and believes the squad can regroup and challenge again.

mane2_600.jpg

“Being together with my teammates always gives me high energy.

"We have always been successful, but now this has happened and we can see it is like how life is.

“To change it? Nothing else but stick together, be positive and fight.

"This is what we try to do to change this situation and I'm sure that it will change. I am more proud than ever to be a Liverpool player.

"I am happy, I am really enjoying being here and sharing the pitch with my teammates for Liverpool Football Club.”

All these interviews with the players saying how great they feel about being with the club reminds me of the early Klopp days and the late Rodgers days. Shit performance, poor results and quotes about how the next match will be the one that we've been waiting for. 

Gives me a warm nostalgic feeling. Cunts me right in the bastard. 

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

All these interviews with the players saying how great they feel about being with the club reminds me of the early Klopp days and the late Rodgers days. Shit performance, poor results and quotes about how the next match will be the one that we've been waiting for. 

Gives me a warm nostalgic feeling. Cunts me right in the bastard. 

Just needs some 'we will learn from it' in there.