You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scooter Cunts Rampaging Around Liverpool

Anubis

Was in Copenhagen in December 2019 and they had loads of them there. Of course, they also had full dedicated cycle lanes for them and a city wide infrastructure to support the collection and maintenance of them. Here we'll just half-ass it like we do with cycle lanes.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

These scooters are all over the floor now, is it some kind of council scheme? Can't walk down the street without seeing one lying there. Used to be white dog shit when I was a kid. 

They’re like daleks slowly taking over. 

On 25/03/2021 at 15:58, Section_31 said:

One of them went into an oak tree, Speeder Bike Endor style, round ours a few years back. The tree is a permanent shrine to the rapscallion.

Repped for breathing life into an endangered noun.

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Was in Copenhagen in December 2019 and they had loads of them there. Of course, they also had full dedicated cycle lanes for them and a city wide infrastructure to support the collection and maintenance of them. Here we'll just half-ass it like we do with cycle lanes.

Must be some private or public money flying around for green projects , as Liverpool has become the land of the contra-flow. Glad to see environmentally-friendly works generally , but not sure that , amongst others , taking a lane away from West Derby Road for an unused bike lane and the apparent plan to stop anybody accessing tbe city centre by car via the Strand or Lime Street  have been thought out completely.

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Must be some private or public money flying around for green projects , as Liverpool has become the land of the contra-flow. Glad to see environmentally-friendly works generally , but not sure that , amongst others , taking a lane away from West Derby Road for an unused bike lane and the apparent plan to stop anybody accessing tbe city centre by car via the Strand or Lime Street  have been thought out completely.

My lad lives in a flat on Mann Island with his girlfriend and says its murder trying to get in and out of his place to drive to work over the water every day. Roadworks and cones galore. I havent been into town for yonks myself.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My lad lives in a flat on Mann Island with his girlfriend and says its murder trying to get in and out of his place to drive to work over the water every day. Roadworks and cones galore. I havent been into town for yonks myself.

Its bad enough , but I believe they are closing the Strand completely between 7pm and 7am every night , hopefully they have an access scheme for your lad.

19 minutes ago, sir roger said:

it's to force people onto another mode of transport, so by it's nature, it's going to bring inconvenience to car users

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

I am sure the shops in Liverpool One etc. will be thrilled at even more trade going to Manchester. Realistically what proportion of workers who use cars at present or visitors to Liverpool will find it convenient to use bikes or public transport.

Staggering isn’t it? The utter turds who run this City never cease to amaze me.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

I am sure the shops in Liverpool One etc. will be thrilled at even more trade going to Manchester. Realistically what proportion of workers who use cars at present or visitors to Liverpool will find it convenient to use bikes or public transport.

Tried to go to that river of light festival a few weeks ago. Ended up in a massive traffic jam all along the strand for an hour and a half. Absolutely nothing moved for ages. In the end we just fucked it off and went home. 

The city leaders have done an amazing job of deterring any outside investment as well as every nimby and self interest group opposing the slightest bit of progress. Then they'll fucking moan that there's no decent jobs in the city.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Tried to go to that river of light festival a few weeks ago. Ended up in a massive traffic jam all along the strand for an hour and a half. Absolutely nothing moved for ages. In the end we just fucked it off and went home. 

The city leaders have done an amazing job of deterring any outside investment as well as every nimby and self interest group opposing the slightest bit of progress. Then they'll fucking moan that there's no decent jobs in the city.

Loads of road works down the strand isn't there? Should have just parked up and walked down mate. 

6 hours ago, stringvest said:

it's to force people onto another mode of transport, so by it's nature, it's going to bring inconvenience to car users

I used to get the train to work and it was fucking shit - always late, usually full, and pricey. I was knackered by the time I got into work. 

1 hour ago, Charles Penrose said:

There’s currently a cunt off at my lad’s primary school. One of the parents picks up his son on an e-scooter and another raised the bar this week by doing so on a quad bike. No helmet for either six year old obviously. 

Time to get your Warrant Card out PC Penrose.

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Time to get your Warrant Card out PC Penrose.

As much as I’d like to I wouldn’t want to run the risk of my lads getting grief for having a Dad dishing out tickets. I’ve only ever given out one in eighteen years so I’m also concerned about protecting and improving my magnificently low average of 0.05 tickets a year. 

The mate who pulled another engine revving, tyre screeching prick over for no insurance found himself with a free crate of beer a few years back though. I smile every time I see him walking now. 

• 6 months later...

Decided to purchase one. My walk to work when I'm in the office involves me carrying my backpack and a laptop bag and takes 40 minutes. The scooter will take me about 12 minutes at 10mph (top speed is 20mph though).

Thankfully I'm 46 and not a cunt with roadsense. Just hope I don't get nabbed by the rozzers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Decided to purchase one. My walk to work when I'm in the office involves me carrying my backpack and a laptop bag and takes 40 minutes. The scooter will take me about 12 minutes at 10mph (top speed is 20mph though).

Thankfully I'm 46 and not a cunt with roadsense. Just hope I don't get nabbed by the rozzers.

Funny you’ve posted this, I’ve just nearly been taken out by one on brownlow hill. The stupid twat