You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Inter keen on Origi

TLW

Divock Origi looks set to move on come the end of this season and Inter Milan are seemingly one of the clubs keen on the striker.

Despite seemingly being around for a long time, the Belgian international is still only 25 and after making just 17 appearances (including two starts) during this campaign would understandably be looking at a fresh start.

CalcioMercato (via the Mirror) reports that Inter Milan manager Antonio Conte is a very big fan of Origi despite having the likes of Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez and Lautaro Martinez at his disposal.

In his six seasons at the Reds Liverpool career, Origi has made 157 appearances and scored 35 goals.

The striker is blessed with power and pace, but the combination of injuries, a lack of opportunities and inconsistent performances when given the nod have meant that he has not lived up to his true potential.

image.png

Origi has been linked to Wolves on a couple of occasions, but stayed with the club and got his just rewards when he played a big part in the Reds Champions League success for which he will always be remembered.

He is currently contracted until the end of the 2023/24 season so it will be interesting to see what transfer fee Liverpool will receive.

Remaining in Italy and the reigning league champions have been linked to a familiar face in Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey.

Ramsey left Arsenal at the end of the 2018/9 season after 11 seasons, but his spell at the Turin giants has been anything but smooth.    

The injuries which littered throughout his time at Arsenal have continued, meaning that he has lacked the continuity needed to make a real impression in a side who could had done with his guile and experience this season.

With Gini Wijnaldum reportedly set to leave in the summer, Liverpool will look to the transfer market to fill the sizable void that the Dutchman will leave.

To this point, the 30 year-old has made 61 appearances and scored six goals for Juventus and while he would certainly add some quality to the squad, Jurgen Klopp will be looking for someone with great durability to fill the Wijnaldum role, and Ramsey does not tick that box.

View full article

Here we go, Italian penny pinching incoming. They'll want him on loan until his contract runs up, at which point they'll sign him for nothing. And they'll want a loan fee off us for taking him on loan. And that lamp on Mr Henry's desk is nice. And that painting. Lovely shoes too...

If they mention the word "loan" just fucking once, they should be told to fuck right off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Here we go, Italian penny pinching incoming. They'll want him on loan until his contract runs up, at which point they'll sign him for nothing. And they'll want a loan fee off us for taking him on loan. And that lamp on Mr Henry's desk is nice. And that painting. Lovely shoes too...

If they mention the word "loan" just fucking once, they should be told to fuck right off. 

Don't forget they'll be wanting us to pay all/most of his wages too.

seen a few Origi stories the last few days. We had a spate of them in December too. I think they're generated our side to try and drive some interest in him or push people who see him as maybe a 2nd or 3rd option that he may be elsewhere and they should prioritise him while they can. i think we will see him stay - i reckon we'll get low balled to an extent that we still won't take it. i know swap deals don't come off much, but i really do think we need to package this guy up as part of a deal to get someone in. 

53 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

seen a few Origi stories the last few days. We had a spate of them in December too. I think they're generated our side to try and drive some interest in him or push people who see him as maybe a 2nd or 3rd option that he may be elsewhere and they should prioritise him while they can. i think we will see him stay - i reckon we'll get low balled to an extent that we still won't take it. i know swap deals don't come off much, but i really do think we need to package this guy up as part of a deal to get someone in. 

Haaland plus £3.5m. I like your thinking.

• Upvote 1

He is atypical of our current bunch missing only one match due to injury over the last three seasons. He has just not been good enough to get in the squad regularly and been pretty underwhelming when he has got onto the field.

Looked him up - he has been here 6 and half years! Under contract until 2024.

@VERBAL DIARRHEA You might be right - Transfermrkt has his value at 16 m Euro.

• Upvote 1