You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2021 / 22 Season Tickets News

dockers_strike

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Thanks. They sent me a mail about 5pm this evening! Dont know why they're going with the NFC thing on mobile phones. You didnt have to put your card in the reader on the gate to gain admission, you could just place it on it. If they turned the power up on the reader, it would have the same effect.

Linking it to the NHS App?

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Linking it to the NHS App?

Would be a breach of GDPR, I think.

I just dont see the benefit of making every fan enable NFC on their mobile to access the stadium especially when STHs (and members?) have active cards that effectively use the same technology.

37 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Would be a breach of GDPR, I think.

I just dont see the benefit of making every fan enable NFC on their mobile to access the stadium especially when STHs (and members?) have active cards that effectively use the same technology.

Dunno on GDPR. 

Maybe members & match day ticket holders will need the app as well. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Dunno on GDPR. 

Maybe members & match day ticket holders will need the app as well. 

Well they cannot link you via your ST or membership details to any other organisation without your consent. They cannot make it conditional on renewing your ST or membership on linking you to another organisation such as the NHS app.

Yes, I could understand match day ticket holders being asked to use NFC on their phone. But STH (and members?) have chipped cards for stadium access so dont get why the card is ditched. After all, you still have to place your NFC enabled phone or chipped card to the gate reader.

14 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

If they combine this with facial recognition - we all had to upload photo id recently - they may stop tiks being transferred without going through the Club.

Think they considered this as part of the fan 'update' but dropped the idea due to negative feedback.

On 08/04/2021 at 13:56, dockers_strike said:

Well they cannot link you via your ST or membership details to any other organisation without your consent. They cannot make it conditional on renewing your ST or membership on linking you to another organisation such as the NHS app.

Yes, I could understand match day ticket holders being asked to use NFC on their phone. But STH (and members?) have chipped cards for stadium access so dont get why the card is ditched. After all, you still have to place your NFC enabled phone or chipped card to the gate reader.

If the government decides fans have to have a vaccine passport then the club can refuse you access without one and you would have to give them proof of a vaccine if you wanted to continue to go. 

I'm actually considering taking up their offer of a year off, I have had my first Pfizer jab but I do think football won't be back to normal for most of next season. 

14 minutes ago, Poster said:

If the government decides fans have to have a vaccine passport then the club can refuse you access without one and you would have to give them proof of a vaccine if you wanted to continue to go. 

I'm actually considering taking up their offer of a year off, I have had my first Pfizer jab but I do think football won't be back to normal for most of next season. 

Who knows. 

I get the part about privacy etc in sharing vaccination, negative tests & anti-body results, but I don’t see an alternative to get everybody back safely. 

I’m happy to share my information to get back to “normal” but I appreciate others might not. 

22 minutes ago, Poster said:

Yes, I agree. If the Government make it conditional then that removes the GDPR issue.

But I was coming from the angle that the club couldnt link you to the NHS app without your consent else that breaks GDPR. I also think the club would be on a sticky wicket if it tried to make all fans link to the NHS app as a condition of renewing and stadium access.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes, I agree. If the Government make it conditional then that removes the GDPR issue.

But I was coming from the angle that the club couldnt link you to the NHS app without your consent else that breaks GDPR. I also think the club would be on a sticky wicket if it tried to make all fans link to the NHS app as a condition of renewing and stadium access.

If all clubs agree to it and it’s Government legislation, then I don’t think the club is on a sticky wicket.

My Dad is 68 in August & he’s renewed. We have a lot of elderly supporters. I’m sure I saw one guy at Wolves or Leicester was >90.

Isn’t there a requirement from all supporters to look after one another? 

Has anyone got any idea how using family/friends ticket is going to work out?

I know there are some on here who share season tickets.

I stopped going after a heart attack two years ago and a friend used it pre-covid.

Just turned 65 so get the cost reduced, not sure how that will play out?

He would obviously pay the full amount but not seen details if club allow him to use it.

The phone technology seems to be the way the club want to go.

Remember seeing a few in the cabbage getting the season tickets given out so may cause problems for those people.

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

I stopped going after a heart attack two years ago and a friend used it pre-covid.

He would obviously pay the full amount but not seen details if club allow him to use it.

Remember seeing a few in the cabbage getting the season tickets given out so may cause problems for those people.

As far as I know mate, the club are happy for people to share tickets with family or a small number of friends. All they want, as I understand it, is the STH and the person using the ticket for a game inform the ticket office details of the person who will actually attend.

A mate of mine occasionally shares his ticket with someone else. They just tell the TO when the holder isnt attending and his mate does. If you hold a 65 and over discounted ticket and someone under 65 uses it, the club will expect the person temporarily using the ticket to pay the difference between the 65's price and general admission price.

If you contact the TO they will clarify. I know they get a lot of stick but to be fair, they've normally answered my query first time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

As far as I know mate, the club are happy for people to share tickets with family or a small number of friends. All they want, as I understand it, is the STH and the person using the ticket for a game inform the ticket office details of the person who will actually attend.

A mate of mine occasionally shares his ticket with someone else. They just tell the TO when the holder isnt attending and his mate does. If you hold a 65 and over discounted ticket and someone under 65 uses it, the club will expect the person temporarily using the ticket to pay the difference between the 65's price and general admission price.

If you contact the TO they will clarify. I know they get a lot of stick but to be fair, they've normally answered my query first time.

Nice one mate, appreciate the info.

I will contact them.

On 14/04/2021 at 08:31, DalyanPete said:

On 14/04/2021 at 10:45, dockers_strike said:

There’s more to it that just sharing this year as tickets are going to be digital on your phone, so you friends and family need to have memberships and your memberships all need to be linked. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

There’s more to it that just sharing this year as tickets are going to be digital on your phone, so you friends and family need to have memberships and your memberships all need to be linked. 

Thanks for the update mate.

Not going to be as easy.

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Thanks for the update mate.

Not going to be as easy.

I’m gonna be sharing with two of my mates, both of which I’ve shared with before over the last several years, both of which used to have memberships but haven’t these days. Currently not selling memberships (or weren’t last week when we chatted about it), so not quite sure what we’re gonna end up with.

15 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’m gonna be sharing with two of my mates, both of which I’ve shared with before over the last several years, both of which used to have memberships but haven’t these days. Currently not selling memberships (or weren’t last week when we chatted about it), so not quite sure what we’re gonna end up with.

As I mentioned I go on reduced cost next season although to be fair the lads partner said he looks older than me.

Think we may take the chance if there not selling membership.

24 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Just had a look on club site, if you register your interest they will contact you when 2021/22 season membership is available.

16 hours ago, m0e said:

Just renewed mine. Apparently they'll be using our phones (NFC) to confirm our IDs upon entry.

This could be the start of the end for touts then?

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

As I mentioned I go on reduced cost next season although to be fair the lads partner said he looks older than me.

Think we may take the chance if there not selling membership.

Not selling membership? Are you mad, what do you take these owners for, not looking for profit above all?

They have fleeced me for my membership money this year, so I can be sure I keep my credits. Ive paid £28 for absolutely fuck all this season. 

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Not selling membership? Are you mad, what do you take these owners for, not looking for profit above all?

They have fleeced me for my membership money this year, so I can be sure I keep my credits. Ive paid £28 for absolutely fuck all this season. 

You've had the privilege of being a member of the greatest club in the world. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

Doesn't surprise me Code.

Should be, fuck them.