You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2021 / 22 Season Tickets News

dockers_strike

Just received from the club.

Dear season ticket holder, 

Firstly, and most importantly, I hope that you and your family are well despite the unprecedented challenges that we have faced over the last twelve months. 

Speaking for all of us at Liverpool Football Club, I can confidently say that each and every one of us has missed each and every one of you and we have been counting down the days until we can welcome you back to Anfield. 

The good news is that, subject to the ongoing easing of restrictions as outlined in the government’s roadmap, that day is approaching, and we look forward with great anticipation to being able to welcome supporters back to Anfield in the coming months.  

Initially, the hope is that 10,000 fans will be able to attend the final fixture of this season on 23rd May. The logistics for the match are still being worked on and health considerations will be critical to our planning, just as they were when much smaller crowds were allowed during the winter. The safety of all our fans, staff and players has and always will remain our main priority. 

As chief executive, I am proud of the way we, as a club, staged those games in conditions that were new and challenging for everyone and I am equally proud of the way our supporters responded. The backing that the team received earned widespread plaudits but equally impressive was the co-operation, understanding and good judgement shown by those fans who attended.  

It is as a result of this kind of collaboration that we look forward to what lies ahead with great hope and a heightened sense of anticipation. The day that Anfield plays host to a full house once again will be a great one and I have no doubt, given the circumstances, it will be a poignant occasion too.  

Given the guidance contained in the Government's roadmap,including the return of outdoor events, I am delighted to inform you that we will be issuing season ticket renewals in the coming weeks. We want to ensure we are as ready as possible for when restrictions are eased to allow supporters back into Anfield. We think it is prudent to be prepared as a club and allow our season ticket holders to be prepared to get back into Anfield too. 

To assist with your planning, I am able to confirm that season ticket prices will be frozen for a sixth successive season. And I hope you are as excited as we are at the prospect of being back at Anfield to watch a Liverpool FC team which has brought us so much success and so much pleasure in recent years. 

We are aware that many of the challenges faced by our supporters during this period will not cease when football returns to normal and we wanted to make you aware of two elements which may alleviate such difficulties in the circumstances. Firstly, we have joined up with V12 Finance who will offer supporters the option of spreading the cost of their 2021/22 season ticket. Secondly, we will also work with individual supporters who feel they may require a one-year season ticket holiday. 

Having taken the decision not to proceed with renewals last season, we are committed to once again providing refunds on a pro-rata basis in the event that games must take place without supporters, but hopefully such an intervention will not be required.  

We’ve recently published a news story with more information on the renewal process, and some FAQs, which you can view here

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support. It is never taken for granted but in your absence, we have had a reminder of why we value it as much as we do. Games behind closed doors have not been the same and the sooner the famous Anfield atmosphere returns the better.  

On behalf of the club, I look forward to welcoming you home.   

Billy 

• Upvote 1

Members got similar today:

Dear Member, 

Firstly, and most importantly, I hope that you and your family are well despite the unprecedented challenges that we have faced over the last twelve months.

Speaking for all of us at Liverpool Football Club, I can confidently say that each and every one of us has missed our supporters at Anfield.

The good news is that, subject to the ongoing easing of restrictions as outlined in the government’s roadmap, the day is approaching when we will be able to welcome supporters back to Anfield in the coming months.

Initially, the hope is that 10,000 fans will be able to attend the final fixture of this season on 23rd May. The logistics for the match are still being worked on and health considerations will be critical to our planning, just as they were when much smaller crowds were allowed during the winter. The safety of all our fans, staff and players has and always will remain our main priority.

As Chief Executive, I am proud of the way we, as a club, staged those games in conditions that were new and challenging for everyone and I am equally proud of the way our supporters responded. The backing that the team received earned widespread plaudits but equally impressive was the co-operation, understanding and good judgement shown by those fans who attended. 

It is as a result of this kind of collaboration that we look forward to what lies ahead with great hope and a heightened sense of anticipation. The day that Anfield plays host to a full house once again will be a great one and I have no doubt, given the circumstances, it will be a poignant occasion too. 

Given the guidance contained in the Government's roadmap, including the return of outdoor events, I am delighted to inform you that we will be issuing Membership renewals communications in the coming weeks. We want to ensure we are as ready as possible for when restrictions are eased to allow supporters back in to Anfield. We think it is prudent to be prepared as a club and to allow our Official Members to be ready for any Members Ticket Sales that may take place. We are currently finalising plans for a return to Anfield in line with government guidelines. As soon as the Members Ticket Sale details are confirmed, they will be communicated out to our Members.

To assist with your planning, I am able to confirm that Membership season will go ahead in May. A further email will be sent to all Members on automatic renewal mid-April. This will include all relevant renewal information and give you the opportunity to remove yourself from the process if required, ahead of any payments being taken. Renewing your Official Membership at a later date will not impact your ticketing purchase history. 

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support. It is never taken for granted but in the absence of supporters at Anfield, we have had a reminder of why we value it as much as we do.

On behalf of the club, thank you for your continued support. 

Billy 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I got fuck all, fucking cunt Billy.

Fuck Billy ... long rambling e-mails to encourage people to last out £60 on memberships (counting me and lad) in hope of getting tickets in what are absolutely shambolic sales.

Just hope my ACS for domestic and Europe which had for years still stands.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I didn’t get anything either. 

I’m still waiting for my Champions Cadbury’s bar.  

On the plus side, I wasn’t expecting the prices to remain frozen again. 

i was surprised by the price freeze too - although i think the echo dropped that story last week. 

i got my email this avvy. i wonder what the criteria will be to get into that last game? i went to the WBA game, so i reckon i have no chance. 

Just now, The Guest said:

I still find it odd that we didn’t parade the league trophy around against Wolves and even the other home games.  We better fucking do it at the last game if we are lucky enough to have fans then.

We’d be a laughing stock. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We’d be a laughing stock. 

Agreed.

Finishing 8th (or whatever) and parading a trophy won a season before that our rivals have just ripped from us by about 30 points and which we have put up one of the worst defences of in modern times would be absolutely laughable.

Sadly we missed out on it all through no fault of our own, but its gone.....time to re-focus and win it again then parade it like fuck.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

From the match going side to the monetising the tv side as much as possible.

Not sure i like us supposedly 'leading' this.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/03/liverpool-leading-talks-over-paid-access-to-non-televised-games-for-2021-22/amp/

I am pretty confident they'll get their way on this. Surely it pays for all of the clubs?  The only question is what fucking stupid kick off time will be introduced to make this happen (assuming 3pm becomes a black out again). I would suspect the only losers here are potentially the TV companies that pay for the rest of it right now. What is there, 2 years left on this TV deal? 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I am pretty confident they'll get their way on this. Surely it pays for all of the clubs?  The only question is what fucking stupid kick off time will be introduced to make this happen (assuming 3pm becomes a black out again). I would suspect the only losers here are potentially the TV companies that pay for the rest of it right now. What is there, 2 years left on this TV deal? 

Well ultimately football has long, long sibce sold its soul to TV, so i suppose we may as well maximise every penny can get out of it now - before the bubble either bursts or some sort of common sense (ok footy and common sense, i know stop sniggering at the back) kicks in.

But of course clubs will argue whilst there is demand and that demand can be monetised, they should be able to max it out.

Match going fans will get the shitty end of the stick as usual of course.

People around the world can already see our games which arent selected for UK transmission by Sky, BT and Amazon. I think it's crackers  people in Outer Mongolia etc can see such a game while UK based Liverpool fans have to resort to dodgey internet streams to see them. Those streams will get reduced even more so in the next few years as well.

I'd subscribe to LFC.tv if we could get our aways that arent on Sky and the rest live as well.

The only thing stopping this are the smaller clubs. They wont lose money but they will see clubs like us get more and they dont like that idea.

Yes, got the same, but unlike season ticket holders, us members actually had to pay this season too.

cresr100px2.jpg

Dear Member, 

Speaking for all of us at Liverpool Football Club, I can confidently say that each and every one of us has missed our supporters at Anfield.

The good news is that, subject to the ongoing easing of restrictions as outlined in the government’s roadmap, the day is approaching when we will be able to welcome supporters back to Anfield in the coming months.

Initially, the hope is that 10,000 fans will be able to attend the final fixture of this season on 23rd May. The logistics for the match are still being worked on and health considerations will be critical to our planning, just as they were when much smaller crowds were allowed during the winter. The safety of all our fans, staff and players has and always will remain our main priority.

As Chief Executive, I am proud of the way we, as a club, staged those games in conditions that were new and challenging for everyone and I am equally proud of the way our supporters responded. The backing that the team received earned widespread plaudits but equally impressive was the co-operation, understanding and good judgement shown by those fans who attended. 

It is as a result of this kind of collaboration that we look forward to what lies ahead with great hope and a heightened sense of anticipation. The day that Anfield plays host to a full house once again will be a great one and I have no doubt, given the circumstances, it will be a poignant occasion too. 

Given the guidance contained in the Government's roadmap, including the return of outdoor events, I am delighted to inform you that we will be issuing Membership renewals communications in the coming weeks. We want to ensure we are as ready as possible for when restrictions are eased to allow supporters back in to Anfield. We think it is prudent to be prepared as a club and to allow our Official Members to be ready for any Members Ticket Sales that may take place. We are currently finalising plans for a return to Anfield in line with government guidelines. As soon as the Members Ticket Sale details are confirmed, they will be communicated out to our Members.

To assist with your planning, I am able to confirm that Membership season will go ahead in May. A further email will be sent to all Members on automatic renewal mid-April. This will include all relevant renewal information and give you the opportunity to remove yourself from the process if required, ahead of any payments being taken. Renewing your Official Membership at a later date will not impact your ticketing purchase history. 

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support. It is never taken for granted but in the absence of supporters at Anfield, we have had a reminder of why we value it as much as we do.

Billy 

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Well ultimately football has long, long sibce sold its soul to TV, so i suppose we may as well maximise every penny can get out of it now - before the bubble either bursts or some sort of common sense (ok footy and common sense, i know stop sniggering at the back) kicks in.

But of course clubs will argue whilst there is demand and that demand can be monetised, they should be able to max it out.

Match going fans will get the shitty end of the stick as usual of course.

Here's the thing, we all want the games. These blackout matches are actually bad for everyone inside football. I know loads of people who used to subscribe to virgin or sky, but wanted the 3pm matches, ended up on IPTV, realised how good that is and binned their original Sky/virgin subscription. Those blackout matches make using IPTV like a gateway drug to many. I don't think while we're all watching these games for free on IPTV we can grumble too much if the club's try and find a way to charge us to watch. But they need to look at the real value. That 15 quid nonsense from earlier this season, what the fuck? The matches these will be are the lowest value, sky and by have picked the best games already. What's a day pass for sky sports or now tv, 10 quid or something? So you get your match and some others. It needs to be less than that. For clubs like Liverpool, it makes sense if they do the 8 games we do for maybe 50 quid. Obviously the smaller clubs will have more than 8 games to sell, so that's their trade off in all this. They might sell less per game than LFC etc, but they've got more games to sell. 

7 hours ago, Code said:

Yes, got the same, but unlike season ticket holders, us members actually had to pay this season too.

cresr100px2.jpg

Dear Member, 

Initially, the hope is that 10,000 fans will be able to attend the final fixture of this season on 23rd May. The logistics for the match are still being worked on and health considerations will be critical to our planning, just as they were when much smaller crowds were allowed during the winter. The safety of all our fans, staff and players has and always will remain our main priority.

Billy 

Yeah, but you got a free sticker or something didn't you? 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/430018-season-ticket-renewals-to-open-for-2021-22

No e-mail, just this.

Opened yesterday afternoon.

Thanks. They sent me a mail about 5pm this evening! Dont know why they're going with the NFC thing on mobile phones. You didnt have to put your card in the reader on the gate to gain admission, you could just place it on it. If they turned the power up on the reader, it would have the same effect.