You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM21 Draft - Formations Thread

Allan

To help @Bruce Spanner with any tweaks with your formations, if you post the formation you'd like in here, I can then grab snips of all the default in-game formations for you to see how they are reflected in game - There are a number of variations to 4-3-3 as an example.

So, if you want to switch from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3, you'd have the following options available for 4-3-3:

image.png.8cc08aceaa00cc3acf227fee25acf6eb.png

image.png.043edf3b98a1a03394aaab962b3e7e1a.png

image.png.7994be4295cd6a5c300793c17d91cd8b.png

image.png.955b3bdd02a335bb4b74e22df90e511a.png

image.png.0ddc2db32820238e65a46b1507d8164d.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Is there a formation Like this

----------CB--CB--CB

RWB--------------------LWB

------------CM---CM

---------------AM

---------STR---STR

5-2-1-2 WB - Ignore the player roles, those are just generic for the default formation template.

image.png.d31cfeb7b337abe93bad7e81dfa543d1.png

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

In terms of tactical changes, how much can we change (i.e. player roles/style)

I have a tactic on my XBox game that is working a treat. I'd like to try it on here if possible.

IT's that good it has Daniel Sturridge banging in goals.

I play a formation with wide playmakers, inverted wing backs, a CM set to attack etc, but I can’t trust the AI to replicate it tbf, so I’ve just said “4-4-2” and that’ll do it. 

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I asked Bruce at the outset to set mine as ‘4-3-3 DM wide’ but push the DM into CM alongside the other two. Then when I asked to see my formation he’d set me up with a flat 4 across the midfield. And some people wonder why posters are abandoning this forum in their droves. 

This was a go to formation in many previous versions of the game for me, but for some strange reason it has never been a default formation in any of the 4-3-3 templates that I can recall - (3 CM midfield). Always had either 1 or 2 midfielders set to DM in the templates.

According to the screenshot posted in the transfer thread, you are set up to use 3 strikers:

image.thumb.png.37c7dd12499a082830eebc0d80a65476.png

This is the in game shape that the above is using (4-3-3 DM Narrow):

If you wanted AML & AMR either side of the striker, you'd need to switch to 4-3-3 DM Wide:

Ignore the player roles in both templates, they are just generic roles for the in-game templates.

18 hours ago, Dynamite said:

According to the screenshot posted in the transfer thread, you are set up to use 3 strikers:

image.thumb.png.37c7dd12499a082830eebc0d80a65476.png

This is the in game shape that the above is using (4-3-3 DM Narrow):

If you wanted AML & AMR either side of the striker, you'd need to switch to 4-3-3 DM Wide:

Ignore the player roles in both templates, they are just generic roles for the in-game templates.

That's fine if the two wide strikers are playing Salah/Mane like inverted wingers roles. I haven't picked a squad to suit conventional wingers hugging the touchline.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, John102 said:

Can I change to 3 4 1 2 please

It's set as your attacking formation, but it won't let me change to prefered.

I wanted to do similar with mine, but it wouldn't let me.

Can change it to 5-2-1-2, with wing backs, if you want, which I assume is closest?

19 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's set as your attacking formation, but it won't let me change to prefered.

I wanted to do similar with mine, but it wouldn't let me.

Can change it to 5-2-1-2, with wing backs, if you want, which I assume is closest?

Can you change the attacking formation so that the 3-4-1-2 is not a selected tactic, and then change the preferred to the 3-4-1-2? (You'll then need to update the attacking formation again, obviously).

The 3-4-1-2 template certainly exists, so unsure why it won't let you change to the preferred tactic.

image.png.d07a3cc0530eeb2bcaafa42582ea8b8b.png

As you say, the next closest formation would be the 5-2-1-2 WB:

image.png.5e5d47bda807ff64ccfa5337b5e94cee.png

2 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Can you change the attacking formation so that the 3-4-1-2 is not a selected tactic, and then change the preferred to the 3-4-1-2? (You'll then need to update the attacking formation again, obviously).

The 3-4-1-2 template certainly exists, so unsure why it won't let you change to the preferred tactic.

image.png.d07a3cc0530eeb2bcaafa42582ea8b8b.png

As you say, the next closest formation would be the 5-2-1-2 WB:

image.png.5e5d47bda807ff64ccfa5337b5e94cee.png

No, oddly.

I wanted to do something similar and played around with everything, but couldn't find it.

All of the formations with '3' at the start are not changeable in game as prefered formation.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, oddly.

I wanted to do something similar and played around with everything, but couldn't find it.

All of the formations with '3' at the start are not changeable in game as prefered formation.

Yeah, was just looking at the options now. Very strange.

• 2 weeks later...