You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jan Transfers (Closes Thurs 25th 7pm)

Bruce Spanner

The wingers are set as wide midfielders not attacking midfielders on that graphic , you told me the tactic I needed in FM 21 is 41221 with an AMR and AML and that graphic is showing them playing as MR and ML. I thought 433 had 3 forwards not attacking mids.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

The wingers are set as wide midfielders not attacking midfielders on that graphic , you told me the tactic I needed in FM 21 is 41221 with an AMR and AML and that graphic is showing them playing as MR and ML. I thought 433 had 3 forwards not attacking mids.

It shows that, but the players are set to the attack not the midfield.

So your four are the defenders, the 1 dm, 2 mf, 2 wide attackers & one striker.

Think of the 4-3-3 as what Jose used to play at Chelsea when he wasn't a dinosaur and had Duff and Robben.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That is it Dynamite , but the twice we have had screenshots of my tactics they are set up like this

E43D4BE9-74B2-4117-9CF9-73A29471ADE0.jpeg

Have you got 4-1-4-1 as one of your other preferred formations that you sent to Bruce for the tactics truck? Most likely to be a preferred defensive formation - If so, that could explain the switch of formation by the AI.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Have you got 4-1-4-1 as one of your other preferred formations that you sent to Bruce for the tactics truck? Most likely to be a preferred defensive formation - If so, that could explain the switch of formation by the AI.

No, the formation doesn't exist in fm21 so I had to set a custom one.

10 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Thanks for your help , D.

46 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He goes back in to the pool, though I'm not sure who's keeping count.

Just seems a little suss to swap out a player for six months as he's injured and then boot the other guy out when he's back, it doesn't happen in the real world*

*Realised as I typed that that's what we're doing with Kabak.

Going to make a judgement call and say no to swapping out injured players for a loan. 

A full swap and we're good.

Whereas teams release players that get injured all the time?

Okay, Junior Firpo please.

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Whereas teams release players that get injured all the time?

Okay, Junior Firpo please.

Cool, I’ll change that over.

All the players in the game are contracted until 2030 on 50k a week so they can’t run contacts down and fuck things up by demanding moves etc.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K

@Bruce Spanner Mr Gamesmaster, two deals if you will:

-  Gareth Bale (AC No D) loan deal until end of season with Mauro Icardi (No Surrender); and

- Lacazette (No Surrender) for Alejandro Gomez (Sevilla)

Much obliged. 

Guest Alex_K
7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bruce can I pick up the recently cast off Alexandre Lacazette in a straight swap for my Diego Costa ( Jarg Hispalis )

Good pick up! I had considered going back in for him once Gomez’ legs fall off. Lacazette’s been a beast but he’s only making the right wing in my team with the Argentinian mafia ahead of him; he deserves better 

Guest Alex_K
Just now, Lee909 said:

Updated

Didn't realise that Lacazette and Icardi had been dropped. Thought it was a loan swap. 

Icardi is a loan swap for Bale, so he’s not available. Lacazette was a drop, but roger got him. Mertens still probs a very good pick.