You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vaccine - Hands In The Bucket...

Paul

got my booster yesterday,

bloody knackered today, felt grand last night but woke up with a few shivers and am generally just tired today.

Ill be grand tomorrow though, so all good. 

as it stands ive now had covid, plus 3 jabs of the vaccine. I've been out for food/drink only 3 times in 2 years, and one of those times includes my 40th, so after christmas im going to take my own, self imposed shackles off and try and get back to some sense of normality

I had the booster last week. Not as ill as after the first jab but definitely wasn’t great. Seems to be complete pot luck. Both elderly parents absolutely fine after all three of theirs but that’s twice I’ve been weak as a kitten. 
Basically felt like a bad hangover but over it after 48 hours which I’ll take.

Triple jabbed 11 days ago. Sore arm, slight headache. Nothing much doing.

Feeling much better about the immediate future as a result.

One of my fellow coaches on my lads u7 team is a consultant working on the A&E wards, he’s seeing a much higher percentage of non vaxxed patients coming through. Much higher. 

• Upvote 2

In other news, my other half’s cousin, young lad at uni, was due his booster (so double jabbed) tomorrow, got covid for a third time today. He’s defo tested positive twice, thinks (and for what it’s worth his family agree) he had it before testing was widespread too.

He’s well though. I’ve told him to stop licking the door handles on the Union bar. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

Went with the Mrs. to get jabbed earlier. I'm a massive fanny when it comes to needles but the wife and pharmacist looked after me.

Arms a bit sore but that's it.

Some young lad was getting his first dose in the cubicle before me. Big strong looking kid, about 20 years of age. 

He fainted and the nurses had to sit him down on a mattress, lift his legs up and get him a wheelchair. I couldn't believe it. 

Seeing as I was next, I asked the vaccinator ever the craic was with that, she said the lad just hated needles and fainted. Says its rear enough, and nothing to do with the actual vaccine, just a phobia. 

I wouldnt slag the kid too much myself, I cant spiders, 

9 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Some young lad was getting his first dose in the cubicle before me. Big strong looking kid, about 20 years of age. 

He fainted and the nurses had to sit him down on a mattress, lift his legs up and get him a wheelchair. I couldn't believe it. 

Seeing as I was next, I asked the vaccinator ever the craic was with that, she said the lad just hated needles and fainted. Says its rear enough, and nothing to do with the actual vaccine, just a phobia. 

Fair play to the lad, knowing he's shit scared of needles and still turning up. Proper bottle.

11 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

That reads like your post was interrupted by loads of spiders at the end.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Booster booked for 7Jan2022. That's as early as I could book in despite dickhead Johnson saying all done by end of year. 

Go to walk in clinic if you can. No need to book, just turn up.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

Got my second jab in July and my Booster yesterday at one and I'd recommend them. 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, one of the lads I was with last thursday just contacted me to say he has a positive lateral flow test. Trying to get a test kit is like finding hens teeth now, isnt it?

I ordered LFT's on Friday off the gov website (or nhs, can't be sure) and they got delivered yesterday morning. You can order 1 box per day now, they seem to be available again.

8 hours ago, Juniper said:

Go to walk in clinic if you can. No need to book, just turn up.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

Got my second jab in July and my Booster yesterday at one and I'd recommend them. 

Ta. One in Stockport (10 miles away) so will head down there ASAP. Get it done. 

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They’re doing walk ins at the Ethiad too   

Stockport is closer and easier to get to. Plus have inlaws down there so good excuse for us to fuck off early when we drop presents off.

• Upvote 1