You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vaccine - Hands In The Bucket...

Paul

Had the AZ yesterday afternoon. Feel like I've been run over by a truck. Since midnight I've had - 

- chills

- fever

- delerium

- muscle aches

- joint aches

- lower back pain

- tremendous headache

- slept on and off

Chinese twats and their bio-engineered weapon.

On 27/04/2021 at 12:17, Nelly-Torres said:

I had my second AstraZeneca jab yesterday. Got it at Liverpool Hope in Childwall. Never walked around there before. It's a lovely campus. The vaccination bit was efficiently ran and very well organised. I walked home after it and was impressed to see a pop-up asymptomatic test centre in Sefton Park, near the Lark Lane entrance, by the fountain/big cafe. 

I slept much better last night than I did after the first jab. By this stage after the first jab, the aches, fever and chills and headache had already kicked in. And I was worn out. 

Today? I feel a tiny bit fatigued and have got a bit of a muggy head but, so far, the side effects seem much milder than after the first jab. 

Fingers crossed! 

The second jab turned out to be a (potentially) weird one, for me. 

I was fine for approximately 5 days after it. Got it on the Monday. The following Saturday, I felt a bit sniffy and muggy headed. I have bad sinuses anyway and have had the heating on a bit more than usual and that kicks them off. And it felt the same as when they do kick off. I felt the same on the Sunday, but had to nip into town to get something. Got the train in and felt myself just feeling gradually worse. Got a few bits in a couple of shops. Was in town for about 20 minutes and my head was muggy as fuck, I was sweating and I then felt really dizzy and like I might hit the deck at any minute. It was horrible. So much so that I jibbed off the rest of what I needed and my day rider as I was near a taxi rank so just jumped in one home. 

Felt shitty for the rest of Sunday and Monday. Really muggy head, tired, on and off temperature and my maxillary sinuses (the ones on the cheeks) felt really sore and inflamed. 

I say it was potentially weird as I'm not sure if side effects would kick in 5 days or so after the injection or if I just had a bad head cold/a bit of a sinus infection?

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The second jab turned out to be a (potentially) weird one, for me. 

I was fine for approximately 5 days after it. Got it on the Monday. The following Saturday, I felt a bit sniffy and muggy headed. I have bad sinuses anyway and have had the heating on a bit more than usual and that kicks them off. And it felt the same as when they do kick off. I felt the same on the Sunday, but had to nip into town to get something. Got the train in and felt myself just feeling gradually worse. Got a few bits in a couple of shops. Was in town for about 20 minutes and my head was muggy as fuck, I was sweating and I then felt really dizzy and like I might hit the deck at any minute. It was horrible. So much so that I jibbed off the rest of what I needed and my day rider as I was near a taxi rank so just jumped in one home. 

Felt shitty for the rest of Sunday and Monday. Really muggy head, tired, on and off temperature and my maxillary sinuses (the ones on the cheeks) felt really sore and inflamed. 

I say it was potentially weird as I'm not sure if side effects would kick in 5 days or so after the injection or if I just had a bad head cold/a bit of a sinus infection?

Could be that the jab triggered your immune system to kick in as if it were attacking your regular problems? Probably a good thing but not great at the time.

Well my back's gone. Had awful back pain when I had Covid at Christmas. After the vaccine yesterday had all sorts of joint pains overnight, which has culminated in straining something in my lower back this morning when I was putting a fucking pair of keks on. Fucking hell. 

9 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

Pretty rough night last night, sweats and chills, neither excessive, but my whole body aches like a mother fucker.

Gonna rest up, eat sushi and watch telly, I’ll be brand new by tomorrow. Just in time to go back to work, the cunt 

A couple of hours kip and 4 hours of serial killer documentaries on Netflix. 

Back in the game

F616F604-7DB6-48B4-9FD1-CFABB24AD93B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another afternoon volunteering, this time at my local surgery. Mostly people under 40, and it was the Astra Zeneca jab which doesn't need a 15 minute wait afterwards. A lot of the people that arrived were dumb as a post though. One gobshite was moaning loudly about having to wait in a (small) queue despite having an appointment time, and it turns out he was meant to show up tomorrow rather than today anyway. Another fucking weapon who wanted a smoke but got arsey when I told him that those behind him can go in ahead of him. Dickhead #3 who turned up with his bike and wanted me to watch it because he hadn't brought a lock. It's not my responsibility to make sure his bike is secure. Countless numpties who 'forget' to wear a mask. These aren't like the elderly patients I saw a lot of back in January, the ones with underlying health issues, maybe some mental impairment or the need for a carer. These people today were just fucking ignorant.

• Upvote 2

On 05/05/2021 at 08:29, Section_31 said:

Had the Oxford one yesterday but fine so far. I wanted the Moderna one really, I had Ellesse when everyone else had Kickers, it's how I roll.

Getting the Moderna first shot on Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

My Mrs had her 2nd AZ today. She should have had it a fortnight ago but was ill with a chest infection that lasted 5 weeks. 

She's the type who never gets ill so it was a worry really.  Anyway, 3 courses of different antibiotics later She's improved enough to have it.

Fingers crossed any reaction she has won't be too bad because it's the last thing she needs after that bug, whatever it was.

I had my second AZ last Friday- I didn't get any reaction to the first one at all, not even a sore arm. I did have quite a bit to drink on Saturday night, but didn't feel that bad on Sunday. I woke up about 3:30 on Monday morning, lashed with sweat and couldn't get back to sleep. I had to call in sick for work on Monday and Tuesday as I just felt utterly wiped and kept dozing off no matter what I was doing. Felt a bit better on Wednesday and pretty much back to normal now. Hopefully the reaction means I've produced plenty of antibodies...

• Upvote 1