You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vaccine - Hands In The Bucket...

Paul

34 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

One of the dumbest things about the pandemic, among many things, is people sticking up or shitting on certain vaccines. If there are safety concerns, you let the authorities do their jobs and check things out, otherwise you get the one you're offered. This "I'll get Pfizer, not AZ or J&J" thing is beyond stupid, as if the layman has any cursory idea what the actual difference is between vaccines. 

It doesnt help when you have governments who you wouldnt trust you to sell you a vacuum cleaner running it all and here is where the problem lies.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

One of the dumbest things about the pandemic, among many things, is people sticking up or shitting on certain vaccines. If there are safety concerns, you let the authorities do their jobs and check things out, otherwise you get the one you're offered. This "I'll get Pfizer, not AZ or J&J" thing is beyond stupid, as if the layman has any cursory idea what the actual difference is between vaccines. 

The vast majority of people in UK have taken what they're offered, have they not? That's not true everywhere, regrettably.

21 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

You know which vaccine you're receiving by the distance between doses: about 3 weeks for Pfizer; 4 for Moderna; 11 for AZ...

Didn't know that, but yeah it was AZ.

Almost felt like saying 'no thanks'

But went through with it.

8 hours ago, KMD7 said:

My parents had their first Pfizer jabs yesterday. No side effects so far thankfully. 

My folks have had both (Pfizer) jabs now. No side effects at all. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Agreed. Although anyone not getting the red, white and blue, true Brit AZ jab is a traitor.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Agreed. Although anyone not getting the red, white and blue, true Brit AZ jab is a traitor.

Given that AZ is a Swedish/British company who's CEO is an Australian French bloke it would be more treasonous to have this jab than not in some folks minds I'd guess. 

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

But it says jolly old Oxford on the tin! 

Because the Anglo/Swede company worked with Oxford University to develop and ensure all the upstanding British citizens opted for the 'British' one.  

Personally I don't give a fuck which one I have as long as I go to the fucking pub again!

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Because the Anglo/Swede company worked with Oxford University to develop and ensure all the upstanding British citizens opted for the 'British' one.  

Personally I don't give a fuck which one I have as long as I go to the fucking pub again!

Likewise. 

This is the only relevant information about where the AZ vaccine came from:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/apr/15/oxfordastrazeneca-covid-vaccine-research-was-97-publicly-funded

Not had any side effects at all.

I wonder if its a case of having already had covid means you don't get (or are less likely to get) side effects from jab - a few people i know who have had it and the ones who have had covid had no side effects and ones who hadn't had covid did.

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not had any side effects at all.

I wonder if its a case of having already had covid means you don't get (or are less likely to get) side effects from jab - a few people i know who have had it and the ones who have had covid had no side effects and ones who hadn't had covid did.

My son had covid and felt like shite after his jab during the night after. Must depend on the person.