You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vaccine - Hands In The Bucket...

Paul

10 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Pfizer sounds a bit too much like Tizer for my liking and I've yet to see any evidence that shows that they're not actually injecting you with a mixed fruit soft drink instead?

Fucking hell, you had the jab created by Walter the Soppy Softie and his cronies, dashed off in fifteen minutes that they had spare before that had to  trounce some ex-polytechnic on University Challenge. 

Ours was devised under lab conditions  by some major egg heads who do this for a living without having to pause to  practice Latin for tomorrow’s big test. 

I had the Oxford jab on Tuesday. Since then my drains have blocked and I've watched a 4 hour movie in one go without a break. 

It's definitely linked. 

I fully expect to be the last person in the UK to get mine. In fact they’ll probably vaccinate dogs, cats, rabbits and gerbils before me.

When my time finally comes, I’ll roll up my sleeve, try my best, but fail, to hold back the tears and present my arm for its long awaited stabbing. 

Boris Johnson will then jump out from behind a reinforced sofa and gleefully announce that the country has run out of vaccine because he’s eaten it all. He’ll then hit me over the head with a frying pan. 

Absolutely nailed on to happen. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Paul said:

... if you’ve had it. 

Oooh, oooh, me, me!!!

Went to Bootle this morning. In and out in five minutes. Super efficient public service from the taxpayer funded NHS. Wasn’t even a ball ache having to drive to Bootle as we had a walk on Crosby beach after. Nice. 

Who else has been chipped and controlled?

Why did you have to go to Bootle? 

30 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Why did you have to go to Bootle? 

Was the nearest place through the booking system. I didn’t wait to hear from my GP; I just booked online as soon as the 50+ group was announced (I only qualified by a few days!). 

Had the AZ this weekend. Walked in with no queues at all, had jab within 30secs and walked out. Ruthless efficiency. Didnt even sit down let alone get chance to do my Thatchers Britain speech.  

Felt fine for about 12 hours then felt like shit for 24 hours which meant I could watch stuff on sofa all day 

• Upvote 1

Had the AZ on Tuesday around 5pm. Woke up at 4am Wednesday with a splitting headache, aching limbs and sweating my bollocks off despite the fact my teeth were chattering. Sort of recovered towards midday although was very lethargic the rest of the day. 

I feel fine today though. 

My wife has had similar but has lasted into today as well. 

• Upvote 1

On 21/03/2021 at 18:57, Nelly-Torres said:

I'll tell you what I didn't get. A sticker to say I've had my vaccine, like you see on the Instagram of all the celebs who've had it. 

Fuuuuumin! 

I got a sticker but the nurse looked shocked when I asked for a lollipop. 

• Upvote 1

I had the Pfizer in Feb. Both doses, three weeks apart.

It wasn't my turn, but I was presented with a very short notice opportunity and took it. Wrestled with it from a moral perspective, but no regrets. If I hadn't someone else would have and I've never been given a leg up on anything in my entire life.

Felt rough as fuck after the second. Really sore, dead arm and shivers and chills. 

Florida has done a great job – for all the shit we get from the wider nation and beyond – with this and is about to open up the vaccine for everyone over the age of 18. 

47 minutes ago, Chris said:

It wasn't my turn, but I was presented with a very short notice opportunity and took it. Wrestled with it from a moral perspective, but no regrets. If I hadn't someone else would have and I've never been given a leg up on anything in my entire life.

Felt rough as fuck after the second. Really sore, dead arm and shivers and chills. 

Florida has done a great job – for all the shit we get from the wider nation and beyond – with this and is about to open up the vaccine for everyone over the age of 18. 

If anyone ever asks you how was Florida do you ever reply "hot and sticky, like my balls." 

If not why not 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Chris said:

I live in Florida now and just got the call about 30 minutes ago to schedule my jab.

Unfortunately, it was a "take it or leave it" option and you had to take both appointments, and I'm not going to be in town on the date of the proposed second vaccine dose, so I had to pass. They put my name back into the pool and said they'd call again in a few days with a new date.