You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Movie Soundtrack - Nominations

Bjornebye

29 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Who in the name of Dickens would vote for Rocky? Although I've never seen the films I'd imagine it's Eye of the Tiger unless there's some decent tracks throughout the films? If so I I'll take that back. 

Anyone with a dick. 

Nomination window closes Friday midday. 

30 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Track listing

All music by Bill Conti.

"Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky)" (vocals: DeEtta Little/Nelson Pigford) – 2:48

"Philadelphia Morning" – 2:22

"Going the Distance" – 2:40

"Reflections" – 3:19

"Marines' Hymn/Yankee Doodle" (Jacques Offenbach/Thomas Holcomb/Traditional, arranged by Conti) – 1:45

"Take You Back (Street Corner Song from Rocky)" (vocals: Valentine) – 1:49

"First Date" – 1:54

"You Take My Heart Away" (vocals: DeEtta Little/Nelson Pigford) – 4:46

"Fanfare for Rocky" – 2:34

"Butkus" – 2:12

"Alone in the Ring" – 1:09

"The Final Bell" – 1:56

"Rocky's Reward" – 2:03

That's a decent soundtrack album. 

Eye of the Tiger is one of the worst songs ever written.

The drop in quality is Baumgartenesque.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yes, but it is hardly Sgt Pepper of soundtracks. It's a good 70s soundtrack.

I think of all the films most people would only know the Rocky theme, Eye of the Tiger and Living in America wthout prompting. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Holy fucking shit! If the GF was an Amazonian tribe this is where you'd get taken to the tree line and told to keep walking and never come back, then three months later you'd end up getting booted down the stairs of an Aztec pyramid.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Is anyone casting any votes for soundtracks from films they don’t really rate?  Or is this at risk of turning into "favourite film" by proxy?

Superfly & Death Wish are both shite films & I nominated them.

A few Blacksploitation films were brutal but had great soundtracks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Mate you are one horrible bean shagging cunt you've changed since you moved fuck off and keep fucking off. 

Is anyone casting any votes for soundtracks from films they don’t really rate?  Or is this at risk of turning into "favourite film" by proxy?

I'm worried about this too mate. If I knew the different angles this has thrown up I'd have not bothered. Gonna be a right cunt going back through this to set up. 

Might have to fuck diplomacy off when it comes to narrowing it down day. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mate you are one horrible bean shagging cunt you've changed since you moved fuck off and keep fucking off. 

I'm worried about this too mate. If I knew the different angles this has thrown up I'd have not bothered. Gonna be a right cunt going back through this to set up. 

Might have to fuck diplomacy off when it comes to narrowing it down day. 

It's hard to get away from favourite films as with some the sound track adds to what you like about particular films. 

There's only one of my favourite films in my choices. 

I forgot Mean Streets but I think it's been nominated. 

Done my best.  Three of mine wouldn't be in my top 40-50 films, two of those probably not in my top 100.

10 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I was in my 20s when they came out. How does any man get through watching one? Alright for kids I agree, like Star Trek and such nonsense. 

Likening a film about a boxer to one about a load of people on a space ship battling with aliens does seem an odd one. Having said that, you have mentioned that you've never seen Rocky about eight thousand times so understandable.