Sign in to follow this  
dockers_strike

Peter Lorimer RIP

The old Leeds war horse has died. Although he played for Leeds, I really liked Lorimer as a player. Superb striker of the ball especially at free kicks. Wouldnt have fancied my chances standing in a wall when he ran up to smash the ball.

Great great player always remember him as having the hardest shot in football

And should have scored the winning goal in a European Cup final but for some shitty corrupt refereeing 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The old Leeds war horse has died. Although he played for Leeds, I really liked Lorimer as a player. Superb striker of the ball especially at free kicks. Wouldnt have fancied my chances standing in a wall when he ran up to smash the ball.

Seen a few people in The Kop who would agree with you............

Used to go to a Pizza Takeaway with my mates many years ago. One of them used to ask for a Peter Lorimer. Didn’t take long for the proprietor to know he meant the Hot Shot pizza.

RIP

One of my favourite ever non Liverpool players.  We used to argue on the school playground as to who had the harder shot between him and Jimmy Case.

The first 2 goals alone in the clip below are a thing of beauty.  And these goals were with the old style ball too.

RIP to a Leeds legend.

• Upvote 3

Great player and has been said on here he had a hell of a shot on him , I reckon only our own Jimmy Case would get anywhere near him .

Really nice fella by all accounts. 

RIP Peter 

Someone said he was at a Liverpool v Leeds Utd match in the 60s and at the final whistle the ref sat on the ball and seemed to give the impression that thank fuck that's all over. 

21 hours ago, scudger99 said:

One of my favourite ever non Liverpool players.  We used to argue on the school playground as to who had the harder shot between him and Jimmy Case.

The first 2 goals alone in the clip below are a thing of beauty.  And these goals were with the old style ball too.

RIP to a Leeds legend.

That second goal’s unreal. Similar to Yeboah’s strike against us. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

That second goal’s unreal. Similar to Yeboah’s strike against us. 

I thought that too, funny it being another Leeds player.

That first goal, the ball is still rising as it hits the roof of the net.  Wonderful technique, but Jesus what savage power.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Top player in a side whose quality was often overlooked because of their snideness. Seemed a genuinely nice guy too. RIP Hotshot.

I couldn't have put that better. 

Respects to a great player.