You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Northern Independence Party

AngryOfTuebrook

19 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

True this. There’s five towns making up the City of Wakefield, they all hate each other.

In fact the various estates, villages etc. in each of the towns hate each other as well.

In fact people from the north end of the village I live in hate those from the south end and vice versa.

In fact nobody on my street is that keen on anybody else on my street.

In fact my wife hates me. 

In fact I hate myself. 

It’s the northern way. 

That takes me back. I used to know a couple of girls from Stanley who were very suspicious of the Outwood Stabs.

28 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That takes me back. I used to know a couple of girls from Stanley who were very suspicious of the Outwood Stabs.

I went to school in Outwood, never a paid up member of the Stab Mentals though. Roaming the streets looking to duff people up was never my thing. They were just kids really but them and their arch enemies ‘The Wakey Lot’ could be a tad intimidating back in the day. 

24 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

London is very north/south tribal based on the river. I know people who have lived in the city their whole lives but never crossed the river for a social occasion, most of my family included. East/West is similar but that's more based on class. I did read that most cities have an affluent west and a working class east due to prevailing winds. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

London is very north/south tribal based on the river. I know people who have lived in the city their whole lives but never crossed the river for a social occasion, most of my family included. East/West is similar but that's more based on class. I did read that most cities have an affluent west and a working class east due to prevailing winds. 

I remember on the news years ago a reporter stopped a lad in London and asked him if there was a North South divide and he said "wot norf landan sarf landan"

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Certainly true for Sheffield but struggling to think of anywhere else... maybe Glasgow

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Park Avenue on the upper east might have something to say about that 

Don't know enough about Paris but London's poor area was originally the South Bank, Southwark and went East as that was where the Docks/Industry was

New York's original slum area, 5 Points, is in the SW corner of Manhattan, and NYC  doesn't really have a prevailing wind direction