You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - Semi Final 2 - Abbey Road vs Revolver

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - Semi Final 2 - Abbey Road vs Revolver  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - Semi Final 2 - Abbey Road vs Revolver

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/03/21 at 11:06

8 minutes ago, mattyq said:

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No man that is around #25 on these.

That is a shock to me. What was I looking at then? There must have been a revision, Velvet & Nico is now 23, and it was 13, according to Wiki on that album page.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Rolling Stone haven't got the first fucking clue about anything & never did.

They have some strange choices, to be sure, but my point was you don't have to be from Liverpool to think Th Beatles are one of the best bands of all time

• Upvote 1

Just now, mattyq said:

They have some strange choices, to be sure, but my point was you don't have to be from Liverpool to think Th Beatles are one of the best bands of all time

Aye, sorry - I completely agree with your point. The Beatles are simply universal.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Remmie said:

They are 4 scouser, what's Irish about them? 

Read the whole post. I'm on about most people on here being British/Irish and The Beatles being by far and away the best selling artist out of any British and Irish bands. 

hard fucking work you sometimes 

46 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Im complaining about the idea that 3 Beatles albums are in the top 4 greatest albums ever made. It’s ridiculous bias.  I own all those albums as they’re great, but top 3 ever? Even just the suggestion that any band has the top 3 albums of all time is laughable. 

My choice literally has nothing to do with it. But for the record it’s Now That’s What I Call Music 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6. 

Ha ha.

It may be a ‘Greatest Album ever’ tournament, but most people will just be voting for their favourite albums. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Here is what I was looking at, the list from 2003. Sgt Pepper is 1. Revolver is 3. Rubber Soul is 5 and Marvin Gaye is 6. White Album is 10, Abbey Road 14. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-156826/bob-dylan-highway-61-revisited-53801/

They’ve done the list three times and it was number one on the first two occasions before dropping to number 24 when they did it last year. 

In 2003, Rolling Stone placed it at number one in the magazine's list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time", a ranking it retained in the revised list of 2012, and described the album as "the pinnacle of the Beatles' eight years as recording artists". The editors also said that Sgt. Pepper was "the most important rock 'n' roll album ever made", a point to which June Skinner Sawyers adds, in her 2006 collection of essays Read the Beatles: "It has been called the most famous album in the history of popular music. It is certainly among the most written about. It is still being written about." On Rolling Stone's third such list, published in September 2020, Sgt. Pepper appears at number 24.

55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Read the whole post. I'm on about most people on here being British/Irish and The Beatles being by far and away the best selling artist out of any British and Irish bands. 

hard fucking work you sometimes 

But why are you saying that they are British/Irish? 

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Yeah, it sounded a bit strange, that is probably why it stuck with me.

That Wikipedia list is mad on the other hand, did Rihanna really outsell Pink Floyd and Rolling Stones? Sounds insane.

Edit: and by certified units alone, she is the best selling recording artist of all time.

Actually, it's Drake with 357 million- that list needs updating and reordering quite badly.