Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - QF - Sgt Peppers vs Rubber Soul

Greatest Album Ever - QF - Sgt Peppers vs Rubber Soul  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - QF - Sgt Peppers vs Rubber Soul

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/03/21 at 17:12

Ooh! Beatle on Beatle action!

Michelle is one of my least favourite Beatles songs and Sgt Peppers has A Day In The Life, so I'm voting with Albert Stubbins.

• Upvote 1

Revolver was a great album but I remember where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard Sgt Peppers when it was released in 1967.

I think most of the forumites have heard the Beatles albums as a collection of albums and don't realize how important and influential Sgt Peppers was.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Revolver was a great album but I remember where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard Sgt Peppers when it was released in 1967.

I think most of the forumites have heard the Beatles albums as a collection of albums and don't realize how important and influential Sgt Peppers was.

Album cover alone is as iconic as it gets. It is definitely a big step up in already stellar string of albums, in sound and ambition. Most of it must have sounded absolutely stunning at the time.

But Rubber Soul is warmer and more intimate, it's your very successful close friend, Sgt Pepper is your world famous and brilliant acquaintance.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Both absolutely superb but Rubber Soul has a bigger place in my heart. 

It's got an even bigger place up my arse.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Does anyone else reckon that the girl in She's Leaving Home is a cunt?

I'm not a lyrics person so couldn't say but that is probably my favourite song on the LP.

15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah, absolutely heartless. I've a hunch that she is harbouring a secret that she just can't share with her parents, as they "just wouldn't understand". Almost certainly she ends up in San Francisco at the back end of the peace and love movement, looking to "find herself" and falls in with the wrong crowd and inevitably dies of an overdose.  That's what she gets for "having fun".

15 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Yeah, absolutely heartless. I've a hunch that she is harbouring a secret that she just can't share with her parents, as they "just wouldn't understand". Almost certainly she ends up in San Francisco at the back end of the peace and love movement, looking to "find herself" and falls in with the wrong crowd and inevitably dies of an overdose.  That's what she gets for "having fun".

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Nah, just young and immature, she wants to get away from her stifling home life and sneaks out- crying- because she knows her parents won't let her if she tells them. The no doubt older bloke she wants to hook up with is probably a cunt though. And a borderline nonce.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Just who is the 'man from the motor trade'?

Great song. Lovely backing vocals from Lennon who, I'm pretty sure, wrote the chorus as well. 

Sleazy italian car salesman from manhattan strikes again! - 9GAG