Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - QF - Zeppelin IV vs Abbey Road

Greatest Album Ever - QF - Zeppelin IV vs Abbey Road  

67 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - QF - Zeppelin IV vs Abbey Road

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/03/21 at 10:18

Led Zeppelin IV

Didn't have to think about that one.

Having no Zeppelin albums in the semi final will be a fucking nonsense.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

Led Zeppelin IV

Didn't have to think about that one.

Having no Zeppelin albums in the semi final will be a fucking nonsense.

It only just scraped into this round through a shootout. I'd have it in the semis before Neil Young though personally.

So it will be Neil Young and The Beatles, or Neil Young wins the non-Beatles albums tournament. What remains to be seen is which Beatles albums make it to the final and which one will win.

• Upvote 2

I love Led Zep 4, but Abbey Road is Abbey Road. 

I've said it before, of all the brilliant music recorded over the last 100 years, The Beatles still tower over everyone. 

image.png

• Upvote 2

On 09/02/2021 at 09:36, TheHowieLama said:

@BjornebyeAre you going to limit it to one record from each artist or is Revolver up against Abbey Road in the final?

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

So it will be Neil Young and The Beatles, or Neil Young wins the non-Beatles albums tournament. What remains to be seen is which Beatles albums make it to the final and which one will win.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Poor turnout thus far. Where are all the people who voted in the earlier rounds? 

All the Smiths and Radiohead fans have slunk off back to their bedrooms.  Alone.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Poor turnout thus far. Where are all the people who voted in the earlier rounds? 

Now don’t get me wrong, I own at least one copy of every album the Beatles released (4 different copies of the white album). But as a Yorkshire man I can’t help but feel the bands ties to the city are skewing the voting on this, and I think that’s why people are dropping away it’s pretty obvious the final is going to be an all Beatles vote. With the best will in the world the Beatles didn’t produce the 3 or 4 greatest albums ever.

2 minutes ago, Magellan06 said:

Now don’t get me wrong, I own at least one copy of every album the Beatles released (4 different copies of the white album). But as a Yorkshire man I can’t help but feel the bands ties to the city are skewing the voting on this, and I think that’s why people are dropping away it’s pretty obvious the final is going to be an all Beatles vote. With the best will in the world the Beatles didn’t produce the 3 or 4 greatest albums ever.

You think the best selling and most famous band in the history of music are doing well in this tournament because it's Liverpool? Can't agree - I'd say it's because they're the best selling and most famous band in history.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

My favourite Zeppelin album with not one duff track on it....A classic 

maxresdefault.jpg

What's going on with that track list? Stairway is song 4 I think, and Black Dog kicks off the album.

The voting isn’t dropping off anyway, no idea why anyone would think that. 53 people have voted so far, just checked a couple from the last round and they had between 104-120 odd votes but people could vote twice so this is in keeping with the rest. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

The voting isn’t dropping off anyway, no idea why anyone would think that. 53 people have voted so far, just checked a couple from the last round and they had between 104-120 odd votes but people could vote twice so this is in keeping with the rest. 

Good point. Might change my username to Tony Fuckwitt.

DC7D9B76-237D-4BBE-9E31-1197CA6320D3.jpeg

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Magellan06 said:

It's not because we're Scouse, it's because we're all Nazis that we're voting for albums produced by Hitler.

28 minutes ago, Magellan06 said:

I think it's just the way the voting works, I would be surprised if anyone on here said their top 3 or 4 albums of all time personally were all Beatles albums. If they did, I would suggest they might want to broaden their horizons a bit.

That is coming from someone who absolutely loves The Beatles.

I do wish I hadn't included The Beatles in this. The outcome was inevitable but not because this is a Liverpool site but because they are far and away the greatest band of all time...

...After Beady Eye. 

• Upvote 1