You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Album Ever - QF - Zeppelin IV vs Abbey Road

Bjornebye

Greatest Album Ever - QF - Zeppelin IV vs Abbey Road  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Album Ever - QF - Zeppelin IV vs Abbey Road

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/03/21 at 10:18

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think it's just the way the voting works, I would be surprised if anyone on here said their top 3 or 4 albums of all time personally were all Beatles albums. If they did, I would suggest they might want to broaden their horizons a bit.

That is coming from someone who absolutely loves The Beatles.

My favourite 3 or 4 albums of all time are no longer in the tournament. I doubt I’m the only person that this applies to.

13 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Poor turnout thus far. Where are all the people who voted in the earlier rounds? 

Lost interest as any band with anything about them disappeared early and we’re just left with stuff I wouldn’t choose to listen to.

inreally couldn’t care less. I’m not much of a muso. I really like music and love liver gigs but I like what I like, and the idea of sitting down and listening through a Beatles or Led Zep album isn’t for me.

8 hours ago, Mook said:

I think it's just the way the voting works, I would be surprised if anyone on here said their top 3 or 4 albums of all time personally were all Beatles albums. If they did, I would suggest they might want to broaden their horizons a bit.

That is coming from someone who absolutely loves The Beatles.

I don't think loving Beatles albums and having broad horizons are mutually exclusive. Maybe they just like the Beatles more than other artists? 

53 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I don't think loving Beatles albums and having broad horizons are mutually exclusive. Maybe they just like the Beatles more than other artists? 

Of course they're not mutually exclusive, I think everyone I know who is into their music holds The Beatles in high regard.

Are your top three albums of all time by The Beatles though? 

The older I get, the more I find the idea of having a top three or top ten albums a bit daft as there are constantly new things to discover & whatever I'm listening to a lot at that time would be my favourite.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Mook said:

Of course they're not mutually exclusive, I think everyone I know who is into their music holds The Beatles in high regard.

Are your top three albums of all time by The Beatles though? 

The older I get, the more I find the idea of having a top three or top ten albums a bit daft as there are constantly new things to discover & whatever I'm listening to a lot at that time would be my favourite.

There are a loads of albums out there better than a lot of The Beatles albums, hundreds in fact.

I have observed over the years that if you believe that The Beatles get your vote every round then you are narrow minded and "snobbish" (maybe not the exact word to use) towards anything outside of your natural tastes (There is evidence in every thread in this "tournament").

I get people have them as their favourite (or one of) bands, but I think saying that every album your favourite band made is one of top 3 of all time is like like living in North Korea. It's K-Pop fans before K-Pop fans took it to a new level. And it;s like those gimps who loved the likes of Skid Row, Ratt, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses and other shite hair metal bands; dressing like they are still 16 and believing the only music is metal music. Boring fucking wankers. Get a wash and cut your fucking shit hair and cowboy boots aren't in lad, never have been.

And before all the Beatle Mop Top Wig Wearing quims start crying into their Abbey Road sleeves, I regard the Beatles as pioneers and a group of Scouse lads who changed the music world forever. Doesn't mean they wrote the best albums in the world ever though.

Like you, the older I have got the more new music I have discovered (new and old) has trumped the majority of what i considered the best albums and artists.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahahaha "fuck the Beatles" the most emo comment ever. 

Emo, bet you have got My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy on repeat.

It's the exact same as someone saying "All The Smiths and Radiohead fans are sat at home in their basements crying"

Or "Oasis are fucking shite Stig and the sooner you realise, the sooner you can move on"

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

My favourite 3 or 4 albums of all time are no longer in the tournament. I doubt I’m the only person that this applies to.

Mine all went early too mate, if they were in there at all. I resigned myself to the fact that it would be predictable a long time ago. I quite like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin but through over familiarity neither of them would get on a desert island selection. Likewise, does anyone ever need to hear Wonderwall, Come on Eileen or Bohemian Rhapsody again?  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Emo, bet you have got My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy on repeat.

It's the exact same as someone saying "All The Smiths and Radiohead fans are sat at home in their basements crying"

Or "Oasis are fucking shite Stig and the sooner you realise, the sooner you can move on"

I don't even need to respond. You've made your own bed here. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

There are a loads of albums out there better than a lot of The Beatles albums, hundreds in fact.

I have observed over the years that if you believe that The Beatles get your vote every round then you are narrow minded and "snobbish" (maybe not the exact word to use) towards anything outside of your natural tastes (There is evidence in every thread in this "tournament").

I get people have them as their favourite (or one of) bands, but I think saying that every album your favourite band made is one of top 3 of all time is like like living in North Korea. It's K-Pop fans before K-Pop fans took it to a new level. And it;s like those gimps who loved the likes of Skid Row, Ratt, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses and other shite hair metal bands; dressing like they are still 16 and believing the only music is metal music. Boring fucking wankers. Get a wash and cut your fucking shit hair and cowboy boots aren't in lad, never have been.

And before all the Beatle Mop Top Wig Wearing quims start crying into their Abbey Road sleeves, I regard the Beatles as pioneers and a group of Scouse lads who changed the music world forever. Doesn't mean they wrote the best albums in the world ever though.

Like you, the older I have got the more new music I have discovered (new and old) has trumped the majority of what i considered the best albums and artists.

Somebody rep this man. What a phrase.

54 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Harsh on Stringvest that is.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Mine all went early too mate, if they were in there at all. I resigned myself to the fact that it would be predictable a long time ago. I quite like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin but through over familiarity neither of them would get on a desert island selection. Likewise, does anyone ever need to hear Wonderwall, Come on Eileen or Bohemian Rhapsody again?  

Abso-fucking-lutely