You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Products long gone you wish would come back.

manwiththestick

8 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Had one exactly the same,. Better days. 

Triumph-Bonneville-T140E-1978-750-1024x683.jpg

Proper bike the Bonny. I only ever had little 2 strokes, never had a big bike, never did my bike test.

My Dad had some nice bikes when I was a kid. BSA 650 Road Rocket, Norton 750 Dominator amongst others. 

14 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Proper bike the Bonny. I only ever had little 2 strokes, never had a big bike, never did my bike test.

My Dad had some nice bikes when I was a kid. BSA 650 Road Rocket, Norton 750 Dominator amongst others. 

It was our kids and I took over the payments when he got Kawasaki Z1B, great days though i failed my test, on a Jawa CZ thing, I should of been more prepared, told the instructor to do one and rode to Crosby magistrates to get banned for 2 years and £114 fine the cunts, even the copper more or less apologised,1979 it was a bit excessive 

I remember dossing in Formby woods and about 5am blasting along the beach, great

Our kid has rebuilt another Z1B and it's boss, it's been on shows with that Henry fella off Shed 'n' buried thinking the same, another old classic but as you say there's something about the old British bikes but you have to be a bit of a mechanic, unlike me, as some are a labour of love

28 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

It was our kids and I took over the payments when he got Kawasaki Z1B, great days though i failed my test, on a Jawa CZ thing, I should of been more prepared, told the instructor to do one and rode to Crosby magistrates to get banned for 2 years and £114 fine the cunts, even the copper more or less apologised,1979 it was a bit excessive 

I remember dossing in Formby woods and about 5am blasting along the beach, great

Our kid has rebuilt another Z1B and it's boss, it's been on shows with that Henry fella off Shed 'n' buried thinking the same, another old classic but as you say there's something about the old British bikes but you have to be a bit of a mechanic, unlike me, as some are a labour of love

The Z1 B was some bike.

The British bikes have a charm all of their own, oil leaks and all.

My Dad used to take me to watch the Bantam racing when I was little, I've only got vague memories of it though.

He fitted an old sidecar on the BSA which was a bit of a disaster. 

My Mum was pregnant with my little sister so me and her were in the sidecar and we were going to town. So we get to the end of our street and my Dad turns right onto Kenny and the sidecar went left. Let's just say there were words.

Needless to say, it got taken off. It ended up on the bommy on the debris at the other end of the street. 

Edit,  she'd had my sister and was actually carrying her in the sidecar.

No nanny state then!!

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

The Z1 B was some bike.

The British bikes have a charm all of their own, oil leaks and all.

My Dad used to take me to watch the Bantam racing when I was little, I've only got vague memories of it though.

He fitted an old sidecar on the BSA which was a bit of a disaster. 

My Mum was pregnant with my little sister so me and her were in the sidecar and we were going to town. So we get to the end of our street and my Dad turns right onto Kenny and the sidecar went left. Let's just say there were words.

Needless to say, it got taken off. It ended up on the bommy on the debris at the other end of the street. 

Edit,  she'd had my sister and was actually carrying her in the sidecar.

No nanny state then!!

Haha I can imagine, they must of laughed about it  years later. 

That Bonny I had was one of the last out of the Meridian factory and its a shame those old British firms are no more, some of those old bikes where great eg the Trident and all the smaller firms too, its always nice to see an old bike in good condition or car. 

If there's one advert I actually don't mind, it's the one with the grandad putting his old bike and sidecar together to take his granddaughter for a spin.