You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bacon - Grill or Fry?

Bjornebye

Do you Grill or Fry your Bacon?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Grill or Fry your Bacon?

• Grill
    • Fry
    • Use petrol and then finish off with the dragon (Lifeys option only)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 11:34

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Rind? Rind? Where are you getting your bacon? That is a glorious dream from about 30 years ago. Back in the days when there was middle bacon. 

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Still get middle bacon here. Must be a UK thing.

And here, must be a new world thing for the civilised folk.

Good few pieces of

bacon with streaky middle attached.

remove the eye’s and put to one side (with minimal fat).

then divvy up the streak stuff into meatier and %80% fat.

cook the fatty stuff first in a hot pan to tender the fat and crisp things up, then lower heat a little and lash the meaty rashers in, finally adding the eyes for the last couple of minutes, to cook but not crisp.

stick on buttered white bread, slather in HP.

sit with brew and eat.

• Upvote 1

I sometimes cook mine in the microwave. It’s surprisingly nice. 1 minute 30 for 2 slices.Neg me to fuck. Not even arsed lad. It works.  It spits fat everywhere too so use kitchen roll as a shield on top.
After a night shift I can’t be arsed with the grill heating up, it takes the fucking piss,

whirring away while starving.

But grilled is better. Crunchy.

• Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've had one of those devices for about 6 months. I don't get it. It seems to make cooking harder than on devices that already exist. 

I find lugging it from the place my wife wants me to keep it, to where I want to use it, a bit tricky but cooking with it’s a breeze.

Two slices of bacon, a few thickly chopped mushrooms, on the air fryer setting for ten minutes. At least the equal of any frying pan, better than the grill and in a different stratosphere to the microwave. 

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

At Stonehenge years ago I saw a lad in a two tone suit standing over a bit of a fire eating bacon raw, I'd seen him the night before when he sat by us and our fire, off our heads, then moved on, a creepy individual. 

I think it was smoked too, the weirdo. 

At least one level down from using a frigging microwave.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

At least one level down from using a frigging microwave.

I suppose so, it was a sight to remember, love it too. 

Madness, who or what would go home to listen to Madness in their right frame of mind, I'm off me tits, and I'm gonna get into Lowell George, that fuckin 'Two Trains. 

11 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I suppose so, it was a sight to remember, love it too. 

Madness, who or what would go home to listen to Madness in their right frame of mind, I'm off me tits, and I'm gonna get into Lowell George, that fuckin 'Two Trains. 

My grills mad at me 

• Upvote 4

On 15/03/2021 at 13:08, Bobby Hundreds said:

Both depending on what i feek like or what I'm having with it. I bought cheeparse bacon just once put it in the grill I may aswell of put it under the machine from honey I shrunk the kids. I love bacon it will be one of the hardest goodbyes when I die.

They have Bacon Trees in Heaven, with fresh juicy pieces of bacon hanging off the bark.

Anyone ever tried this method?