You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bacon - Grill or Fry?

Bjornebye

Do you Grill or Fry your Bacon?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Grill or Fry your Bacon?

• Grill
    • Fry
    • Use petrol and then finish off with the dragon (Lifeys option only)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 11:34

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Both depending on what i feek like or what I'm having with it. I bought cheeparse bacon just once put it in the grill I may aswell of put it under the machine from honey I shrunk the kids. I love bacon it will be one of the hardest goodbyes when I die.

Hahahahaha 

19 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Microwaved bacon is awful!

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever tasted but sometimes you just have to try it to confirm it's not great 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Was this before or after you kidnapped Maddie? 

9 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

You need your hard drive checked. 

I plead the 5th.

17 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Can you really microwave bacon? Sounds grim. Bacon around sausage is the only time I'd oven cook bacon. 

I used to call in to a place near St.James’s tube station for a carry out breakfast on my way to an office I was working at round the corner. 

Not my usual on a work day but decided to try a bacon sandwich. I was horrified to watch as my two slices were placed on a dish and then put into a microwave oven. When the thing dinged I caught sight of my bacon and assumed they’d be throwing it in the bin and we would be sharing a light hearted moment as they apologised for the mistake and put some new rashers in the grill. This did not happen.

London is a great City. It went down in my estimation that day though. Our relationship has never been the same since. 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I used to call in to a place near St.James’s tube station for a carry out breakfast on my way to an office I was working at round the corner. 

Not my usual on a work day but decided to try a bacon sandwich. I was horrified to watch as my two slices were placed on a dish and then placed into a microwave oven. When the thing dinged I caught sight of my bacon and assumed they’d be throwing it in the bin and we would be sharing a light hearted moment as they apologised for the mistake and put some new rashers in the grill. This did not happen.

London is a great City. It went down in my estimation that day though. Our relationship has never been the same since. 

This is why people fly passenger jets into buildings. 

• Upvote 1

Come on here, a nice thread about bacon, good debate between grilling and frying of which I'm partial to either, happily reading and then bang out of nowhere the most horrific thing I have heard in years, that someone took bacon to a microwave. What is wrong with people, psychopathic behaviour of someone on the verge of cracking and going on a spree.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Not my usual on a work day but decided to try a bacon sandwich. I was horrified to watch as my two slices were placed on a dish and then put into a microwave oven. When the thing dinged I caught sight of my bacon and assumed they’d be throwing it in the bin and we would be sharing a light hearted moment as they apologised for the mistake and put some new rashers in the grill. This did not happen.

I assume you put it into the bin? When I say 'it', you can be loose in your interpretation. The sandwich, the microwave or the person who put the bacn in the microwave. There are big bins in London.

6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I assume you put it into the bin?

I actually think I ate it. Didn’t want to come across as disrespectful when working in a different country to Yorkshire. Everything that’s gone wrong in my life since can probably be traced back to that day though. 

As you know we Yorkshire folk are famed for our tolerance and acceptance of difference. I didn’t want to let the side down. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I actually think I ate it. Didn’t want to come across as disrespectful when working in a different country to Yorkshire. Everything that’s gone wrong in my life since can probably be traced back to that day though. 

Surely they paid you for eating that sandwich?

Next time you see bacon being microwaved in a cafe, I suggest calling the local priest to perform an exorcism but there's nothing of this world that can stop this kind of occultism.

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I bet you left and the staff went "He only ate it the dirty northern bastard" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I had that one morning when I was working in London too, filthy fucking cunts. The resulting cafe fire showed them how to cook it properly, but the judge was obviously a microwave nonce as he wasn't sympathetic to my plight at all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m learning so I’m in a similar boat. Did a pork crackling joint yesterday which turned out perfect. Steaks have been fantastic but I can’t seem to get homemade chips right. 

I also baked a loaf of bread which was nice and slow cooked a chilli but that’s hard to get wrong.

At some point I’m going to make a Scottish dish called Stovies in it. My mum was born on a Scottish Island and used to make it when we were kids. Delicious if done right and served with white bread and butter. It can be done with other meats but sausages are best.

https://www.scottishscran.com/how-to-make-stovies-recipe/

The Salted Pepper on YouTube isn't bad, can tell she loves her grub.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Simbo said:

Top tip: If you microwave bacon between 2 sheets of paper towel it comes out crispy!

Disclaimer: I’ve never done this

Why waste 2 perfectly decent sheets of paper towel?