You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Turkey teeth

Reckoner

4 hours ago, Total Longo said:

yeah its our own fault really for not paying a bit extra and going up a star. I'd never gone all inclusive before though. Not sure i ever will again either unless its five star. I ended up buying a bottle of absolut for a small fortune because trying to get smashed on the all inclusive ale was just tiresome and ultimately pointless. 

First time I went we booked a 5 star but in reality it was a 4 star. It was a nice hotel but nothing amazing. Went out on an excursion and met some woman from Belfast who basically said for the entire coach journey "our hotel is fucking shit, our food is fucking shit, our pool is fucking shit, the staff at the hotel are fucking shit". Yeah love, we get the idea. 

She said she booked a 3 star hotel but when we dropped her off it was like one of those tower blocks in Seaforth but with a pool the size of a pond next to it and probably not even a 2 star hotel. 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

The star system for hotels is one of the most flawed systems I've ever come across. Reviews are far more relevant nowadays

I wouldn't trust a review.  Half the time they're coming from excitable people whose only night not at home was in a skip.  They think a Travelodge is like the Ritz.  

3 hours ago, stringvest said:

I wouldn't trust a review.  Half the time they're coming from excitable people whose only night not at home was in a skip.  They think a Travelodge is like the Ritz.  

Yet it's 100 times more relevant and accurate than the star system 

I stayed on a hut on a beach here, it'd struggle to get 1 star because there weren't any with en suite. Star systems are more to do with facilities than quality though I admit that's involved to a degree. Beats any hotel I've ever stayed in though

IMG_20210315_201212.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/03/2021 at 23:13, Red74 said:

I got quoted £11 grand for 4 implants and a crown in Liverpool before Xmas. Same procedure would be £4.5k in Budapest 

Did you get it done in Budapest may I ask?

And thanks to all the ‘dental advice’ off everyone. I’m now really clued up on how Russian tourists behave. Not what I asked but essential information I’m sure. (Actually enjoyed reading it!)

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

And thanks to all the ‘dental advice’ off everyone. I’m now really clued up on how Russian tourists behave. Not what I asked but essential information I’m sure. (Actually enjoyed reading it!)

Stop derailing the Russian thread, you twat. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Stop derailing the Russian thread, you twat. 

So selfish, I know! Erm what are the dentists like in Moscow? Rude, I’m guessing.

Before I read this thread I had a very different idea of all inclusive holidays though. I imagined luxury.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

So selfish, I know! Erm what are the dentists like in Moscow? Rude, I’m guessing.

Before I read this thread I had a very different idea of all inclusive holidays though. I imagined luxury.

It is luxury depending where you go and how much you can or want to sponk. 
5 grand all inclusive for a 10 days in Dubai is not really comparable to 350 quid all inclusive in a Greek hellhole. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

It is luxury depending where you go and how much you can or want to sponk. 
5 grand all inclusive for a 10 days in Dubai is not really comparable to 350 quid all inclusive in a Greek hellhole. 

Why does the 350 quid Greek one sound more fun?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Why does the 350 quid Greek one sound more fun?

If your idea of a fun time is 4 hours of turbulence on a shitty airline followed by refugee camp standard board and lodgings then go for it. I paid for extra to leave on a flight home 3 days early. 

If you’re really into extreme experiences which are value once you get there, go to China, that’s an eye opener, simultaneously the best and worst experience of my life.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

If your idea of a fun time is 4 hours of turbulence on a shitty airline followed by refugee camp standard board and lodgings then go for it. I paid for extra to leave on a flight home 3 days early. 

If you’re really into extreme experiences which are value once you get there, go to China, that’s an eye opener, simultaneously the best and worst experience of my life.

You paid more to leave early? Sorry mate but that’s funny.

I went to China in 2008. I wanted to fly straight to Thailand etc but my intellectual cultured mate talked me into it. Hated it. It was freezing and the people were horrible. In hindsight I should have appreciated it more for what it was. But that is not a comfortable place to spend 2 months. As soon as I got to Thailand the fun began. (Ahem)

• 7 months later...
On 19/03/2021 at 23:06, Reckoner said:

Sorry comrade. I’ve only just seen this. 

Had a client in not long after posting who’d been to this Sevil Smile in Turkey and he had the best set of teeth I’d ever seen. Got the full top & bottom done in implants for £9k and said the service was superb from start to finish.

I’ve been waiting for Budapest & Turkey to come off the red list to see how much the prices have increased and they’re still half of what I’d pay here in the UK.

Gonna hang on till the temperatures go up as I can’t be arsed sitting in some empty Turkish hotel with a mouth in agony for a week while it’s cold and pissing down every day.

www.sevilsmile.com for Turkey Lurkey

www.whatclinic.com for Budapest

• Upvote 1